Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Outfield Overload - the Dash Five
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 11:38 AM) is the hole in his UCL something that is just going to heal? Is there surgery being put off? Seems so strange to just have a bad elbow and not worry about it I have seen no one talk about it in depth.
-
Outfield Overload - the Dash Five
Coming into today, Micker is at 10 K's in 54 PAs. Even better than the batting average, that is such a huge development for him. Hopefully that keeps up.
-
2018 Democrats thread
QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 11:00 AM) How on earth have you come to that conclusion? Lol I've made no comments regarding anyone's qualification to do anything. Please quote for me where I made the argument you're suggesting here. As far as I'm aware, I mentioned his race, gender, and sexual orientation as an explanation for why he doesn't care about social issues (they don't affect him). That is just lame. You bring it up in that context, but then pretend you didn't mean exactly what you meant when you get called out on it? If it wasn't something you were saying, and didn't believe, you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. That is just trash.
-
Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 10:58 AM) Sell high on relievers always. Especially ones that come out of no where for a career year.
-
2018 Democrats thread
QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 10:25 AM) Your credentials aren't, but your privilege is. I know this isn't a winning argument for Democrats to make nationally, so I would never use it in a campaign setting. But that doesn't make it untrue. Yet you are telling someone that they can't be qualified on a topic because of their race.
-
Baseball America: White Sox International Review
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 10:27 AM) https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/int...white-sox-2018/ I was hoping there'd be more in here. 21 signings total. Pimentel, Mendoza and Quintero have been discussed before. I was hoping for Francees and some of the lesser names. Agreed. I was hoping for more on the rest of the players, but I suppose that alone is telling.
-
2018 Democrats thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 09:56 AM) What is the opposite of a Bernie Bro in the Democratic Party? Ossoff? Lamb? Cheri Bustos? Feinstein? There’s one problem with all this reasonableness and pragmatism...it’s not coming from the GOP in return. Only obstructionism, even against their own party. That was essentially their main philosophy for 8 years. The Democratic Party needs leaders who will fight for the middle class. Period. Somehow, Trump convinced those voters he would/could do more for them than Hillary. How was that even possible? The opposite would be the Clinton wing which sits and waits for things to be politically palatable before adopting them as policy goals, and then forgetting that you spent a long period of time being against them.
-
2018 Democrats thread
QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 10:35 PM) Also, are you a straight white dude? Just wondering because if so, your "no social issues matter to me" statement is....... pretty indicative if the problem with the Bernie wing. And this is why the Democratic Party continues to flounder. Your credentials are apparently directly tied to your race.
-
2018 MLB Draft
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 09:52 AM) I really wish there was a high school position player to take underslot at #4. The college bats have risen throughout the process just like they always do. They just have no margin for error. Alec Bohm will be 22 years old in August. If he has any setback at all, then he isn't debuting in the big leagues until he's 24. Madrigal has to stay at SS. Swaggerty is solid too but he just doesn't seem like a guy good enough to go #4. If they could sign their favorite HS position player or even Liberatore for like $5 million, that might be the best play. I'm expecting them to take a college bat at this point though. High School players aren't really the ones who sign underslot. That is typically a college kid thing where they have greatly reduced leverage as a junior who 99% for sure isn't going back to school.
-
2018 MLB Draft
QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 03:20 PM) How many are there if you took only the PA Of the position players with the most games played? That is what qualifying means. They have at least 3.1 AB/G which is the BA qualification standard. It means that somewhere around 40% of the guys who have played the most in MLB this season meet your "minimum" standard.
-
Joe McConnell R.I.P.
QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:34 PM) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, that’s what good, ‘ol “Jerry and Eddie” were guilty of back in the golden age of “SportsVision” - being “ahead of their time”. On the contrary - they were guilty of being complete dunderheads in understanding the marketplace in front of them in those days with 150 free games of the Cubs in the same town (hosted by Harry Caray, no less!). Yeah, baseball on cable networks really turned out to be a complete failure.
-
Moncada
QUOTE (michelangelosmonkey @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 03:30 PM) I also think its time to point out that Fernando Tatis Jr, after 100 at bats in AA (2017/18) is hitting under .240, with 31 strikeouts, three walks and seven errors. Can we finally concede he's a total bust? I think the rebuild is much easier when we can draw long term conclusions after a couple of dozen games. No wonder his name has barely been mentioned in the last three weeks.
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 09:00 AM) JR has said numerous times that the franchise has always been more profitable with low payrolls/losing teams. Low payroll and losing teams are not the same thing.
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:05 PM) Not to be confused with the incessant whining by an apparently uninformed, yet overzealous mod, about anyone, ANYONE, who dares to call into question the horrific record of the owner. News Flash: mods and admins are allowed to have opinions different than yours, and you don't have to get hurt feelings and hold grudges because of it.
-
2018 MLB Draft
QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 03:14 PM) I also see a .340 OBP as also a minimum level of competence. Outs=baseball currency. Use them wisely. I'd like my hitters to have at least a .350 obp if I was running a team. On a team basis, there are only 4 teams in all of baseball that have a .340 OBP or higher. There are only 82 qualifying players in all of baseball with a .340 OBP or higher, out of 192 players.
-
Adam Engel -- how much longer does he have as a regular?
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 01:30 PM) Sometimes teams will move a player to the OF so that they can focus more on their bat, Bryce Harper is the most famous example as he was a catcher before he was drafted. But... I think Moncada plays a really good 2B but still has a lot of room to improve. Plus if you move Moncada to the OF, who’s playing second? I think Moncada will be fine. As Rick Hahn says, development isn’t linear and this year is all about the young guys getting used to and establishing themselves at the ML level. Harper is an OF because he wasn't good enough to catch. Moncada is plenty good enough to play 2B, even at a high level.
-
Alec Hansen
Why would Hansen working out with Rodon be a bad thing? Hell, if they were rehabbing together, I think that would be wonderful. Who better to mentor Hansen than a professional pitcher with a ceiling like that?
-
**President Trump 2018 Thread**
I thought that you had a pay an attorney to be considered a client? (barring obvious pro bono work) Am I wrong about that?
-
Avi ... the man nobody's discussing YET
Ever since he hit the 500 foot homer in Toronto his swing has looked pretty pull heavy to me. Though I will say, Avi, just like most of the team, hit much better before they got into the ridiculous run of cold and wet weather.
- Adam Engel -- how much longer does he have as a regular?
-
Moncada
QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:13 AM) I thought this kid was supposed to be a can't miss prospect? Rick Hahn should be handed his walking papers if Moncada is back in a Knights uniform this year. Moncada has nothing left to learn in AAA. Let's see if he is/was all hype or if he is ready to rumble with the big boys. This might be a hot take, but Benetendi was more of a "can't miss" than Moncada. Moncada has always been a really raw player. Benetendi had less holes in his game.
-
FS: Hot Prospects List, 4/17
Nice to see so many guys off to good starts.
-
Can I Revise My Seasons Win Total Prediction?
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 09:20 AM) Yeah, I still think they will be low-70s. I said 69 coming into this season, but something between the 68 to 72 range still makes sense to me. They will be streaky. They will have times like this where it looks like a rookie ball team, and there will be stretches like September where they look competitive. They are young, not only will individuals be up and down, but the team will as well.
-
2018 Watercooler thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 10:36 AM) Pretty incredible how little national play that got. I vaguely remember it, but after watching it I can only say this would be like if Waco happened and you only found out about it from a documentary 30 years later What is it about? I haven't heard of the show.
-
Can I Revise My Seasons Win Total Prediction?
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 08:57 AM) I remember reading comments from people that thought they would be competitive this year and thought the people who were skeptical were crazy I am probably one of the biggest skeptics left, and I will even flat out say the team we have seen through the beginning of this season isn't the real team. They are off to a bad start, but this team isn't THIS bad. This is not a 50 something win team.