southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 10:09 AM) Funny how someone can take one thing from a post and make it into a comedy session. For the third time, I'm by no means panicking/calling him a bust/saying he should be released/promoting a demotion to Kannapolis. However, I am saying that he hasn't looked better than fine. If you all really think he looks better than fine, we'll agree to disagree. It isn't a comedy session. It is lesson on not getting to high or too low based on SSS.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 09:53 AM) Here's an objective measure: at this rate he's going to strike out 286 times. Again, I believe he's going to be a good player. I'm not sure he'll ever be GREAT, as sometimes hyped prospects tend to not be great. However, he's been less than impressive to start the year. Hopefully by July, he's striking out less and getting on base more. But Matt Davidson is going to hit 108 homers while driving in 203 runs, Tim Anderson is going to hit 81 homers and steal 81 bases, plus Yolmer is going to hit 54 triples and drive in 189 runs, so it is all good.
-
Should the Sox attempt to extend some of their talent?
QUOTE (harkness @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 10:26 PM) yolmer has 3 good games and all the sudden according to Hawk he is the next ian kinsler... and people falling for it. Hey maybe he has got it figured out.. but.. yeah its like waay to early for all of this. I mean he did have a -0.1 War last year... This is Trumpian math.
-
**President Trump 2018 Thread**
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:32 PM) Lost in all the soorts action... “In light of China’s unfair retaliation, I have instructed the USTR to consider whether $100 billion of additional tariffs would be appropriate under section 301 and, if so, to identify the products upon which to impose such tariffs,” Trump said in a statement. Trump’s own chief economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, had spent much of the last two days trying to assure investors that a full-blown trade war with Beijing was not in the offing, but news of possible new tariffs sent Dow futures plummeting Thursday night. If anything, each subsequent, self-inflicted headline served to obscure the one Trump had made hours earlier. When looked at in retrospect, however, some historians will no doubt be tempted to ask why the president didn’t simply stick to his original script in West Virginia. yahoo.com I just reversed out of VIX Puts today at the close and back into VIX calls. Trump could pay for my Disney trip if he screws this up bad enough.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (Knickname @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:41 PM) That wasn't me. I've heard Hawk and too many others say, "So and so will be just fine" too many times. Maybe this time they'll be right about Yoan. I hope they are right. I hope Fulmer makes us happy, too, but if he continued failing to make it through two innings each start I wouldn't want him at the top level without end. I wasn't rooting for the failure of LaRoche, Dunne, and the Danks brothers either, but I won't accept the assurances of posters here or Harrelson that so and so will be just fine. Baseball isn't typically a game of instant success. The Mike Trouts of the world are rare indeed. The developmental curve of an Avi Garcia or Yolmer Sanchez is more normal. Some guys take time, especially if they weren't fundementally sound to start with. The kid is a toolbox. It could take 3 years for him to figure it out. That wouldn't be crazy at age 22.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:13 PM) Yoan is going to be fine. The league knows he has an elite eye and so they are going to make him swing the bat. He recognizes this, and so he?€™s trying to be a bit more aggressive. I?€™m not going to lie, I wish he didn?€™t have so much swing and miss in his game, but I think he?€™s largely just in between right now. You could also tell he was uncomfortable in the cold today. All in all, Yoan?€™s going to be just fine. And it?€™s good that he?€™s learning now, while the games mean nothing. Hell if we had listened to Soxtalk, Yolmer would have been cut before he was even Yolmer.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:35 PM) Well I hope all of the playoff games from 2020-2027 are played in domes Jack is paying for it.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:34 PM) Moncada is similarly talented as guys like Xander Bogaerts and Byron Buxton, and similarly quick to the majors. Those guys needed a couple seasons to show their talent, and they have, especially Bogaerts. Give it time. He has a lot to learn. This is a great post. Keep in mind that typically Cubans are already behind the curve developmentally when they get to the US, and on top of it, he is still fairly young.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:08 PM) I blame myself. I made my first post on this forum precisely at the moment Leury doubled in Davidson to make it 7-3. It was all downhill from there. That only means one thing. We have to ban you.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
Davidson missed that by 18 inches tops.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
Tigers missed a chance to get an out over a review.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
Hawk and Stone both feel that 2020 will be the White Sox year.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:42 PM) Yolmer is the rare (to this point) entirely-Sox-developed farmhand position player success story And a Latin American signing to boot.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:26 PM) Easily one of the most frustrating Sox pitchers to watch, that I can remember. Jaime Navarro said Hola.
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:08 PM) Not a fan of Hawk but f*** it was good seeing him and hearing him I am incredibly sad that this will be my last opening day with the man. I feel like I am losing a family member.
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
James Fegan?Verified account @JRFegan 2h2 hours ago Rick Hahn said Alec Hansen had a “forearm muscular issue” that he had previously dealt with in high school. Said he’s on a throwing program and ramping back up, but was not specific on timeline
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (Knickname @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:50 PM) I recognized the Hammond-WJOB connection, but didn't think much of it until seeing that he hit a ph hr in ST while reviewing box scores a few weeks back. Also, LF seems up for grabs. I know next to nothing about scouting or ranking talent. He was just drafted in 2017 as a senior signing, played primarily rookie ball, and 5 games at Low-A. He has a boatload of guys ahead of him, and he has a long way to go. The power is his a plus tool, but a lot of older kids hit at rookie ball and die in the next levels.
-
Saladino
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:58 PM) Your series of points don't make sense to me. You say on the one hand he's been proven to be an ML in the past. However, you also said "even the drop off is real" - which is the point I'm addressing. Not his 2016 and before status, but the 2017 drop off, which is well below what I feel is acceptable from an ML hitter. So, if we're talking about the drop off being real, we are talking Saladino as now a .178 BA / .484 OPS ML hitter. If that's where he is at, and it's real, what exactly is he figuring out? What value do the Sox have in the occasional start for him to figure it out...if the drop off is real? I understand using him purely as a defensive replacement late in games with the occasional AB. Until he plays, you have no idea if his problem was health or play related, hence the "if". The Sox a very obviously betting that last year was the fluke, and not his previous experience, and they have WAY more information than any of us on Tyler Saladino. All you have to look at is his 2016 season where he put up half a season as a league average hitter, and a guy who can fill in at 6 or 7 positions. With rosters saturated with pitching these days, guys like that have value. The only way to know if Tyler is really the 2016 or 2017 player is for him to get ABs. The Sox are in no need to rush players and assets out of the system right now. As a cost controlled player, still away from free agency, Saladino can have some value if he recovers. There is also no one he is blocking right now. He is the primary defensive back up all over the IF. Who else would do that? Why the rush?
-
Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers
QUOTE (Knickname @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:26 PM) I was amazed that Fulmer lasted more than two innings yesterday. Here's to many more good outings from Carson. Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray! I'm guessing LF is there for the taking by whomever can hit and field decently. Delmonico had some fine at bats last season. Hope the fielding improves. When will Dedelow be ready? Was his spring training pinch hitting HR a fluke? That is a pretty random name, but considering he has played 5 games above rookie ball, and is WAY down the prospect list in a crowded outfield, I will say at least 3 years, probably 4, if ever.
-
2018 Democrats thread
QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:22 PM) Bernie is likely running in 2020. Talking about him and what he's doing NOW, and the risk I think he poses to Democrats moving forward is not refighting 2016 anything. Then the opposite is true as well, and you really can't get pissy with people who like him.
-
Saladino
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:20 PM) if the drop off is real, what exactly is he figuring out? You have to play him to figure it out. He has shown in the past he is talented enough to be on a major league roster. The Sox should still be in talent accumulation mode, and Saladino is a part of that process.
-
2018 Democrats thread
QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 11:43 AM) The fact that you still think this has anything to do with Clinton is embarrassing. Welcome to the present, we're running a real nation. The only people who continue to re-litigate 2016 are Berners. I'm trying to do what's best for the party moving forward, and Bernie alienates black people on such a regular basis. He just has no idea how to handle any issue that isn't medicare for all or agreeing with Trump on his attacks on American companies and trade wars. Moving forward by refighting the 2016 primaries.
-
Saladino
QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 10:33 AM) I'm not crazy about him being on the team but this isn't a cody asche situation. He was clearly injured last year. But those most likely to replace him in AAA aren't as versatile defensively. I am worried that he's mainly taking away Sanchez' at bats, which I'm not a fan of. I do think Tyler really had issues through injury last year, as the drop off in his place was stark. Realistically, we don't need to be in any hurry to get rid of him, even if the drop off is real. Let him play and figure it out.
-
White Sox Winner!
QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:42 AM) No, Pierce singled off of Bummer. There were two runners that Bummer inherited, but one was thrown out at home, so when he scored it should have been on Bummer. I remember looking at the box score and thinking that was what happened, but I figured I mixed something up. Really Fulmer should have been hit for 1 ER.
-
White Sox Winner!
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 09:23 PM) Hope the lack of a good looking line doesn't take away from how Carson actually looked out there tonight. His pitches seemingly had more movement on them than they've had for the past 2 years and that was awesome to see. Still has to harness his control as when he was getting hit around it's because he was falling behind hitters. Certainly not saying he's going to be part of the future rotation or anything but at least he's starting to show something out there. His defense also kicked him in the balls which doesn't show in that line either.