Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:34 AM) And I do not want to see anyone promoted from the minors to our new hitting coach. Everyone that comes up, looks lost with long looping swings. WHile other teams prospects come up and make contact at least. Who else are you going to get in the middle of June?
  2. Too bad, Griffey would have looked nice in LF or CF this year.
  3. QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:25 AM) reinsdorf and kenny williams must not want to run a business because they're not very professional at all. greg walker must do special favors behind closed doors because it makes zero sense that he still has a job. i see 0 improvement from the hitters, in fact, i think they're getting worse. CAN HIS BEHIND ALREADY!!! what do we have to do? storm the cell??? OK now that's so absurd it's just funny.
  4. http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...=rss-topstories
  5. Another interesting theory... http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/david_chase_speaks.html Posted by RutgersBCS on 06/11/07 at 11:52PM I read this on the NJ.com Sopranos forum from poster "yanks08." It's a very interesting theory: "Tony falls asleep last week in a barren room. No sheets on bed, no alrms clock, nothing. When he apparently wakes up, there are sheets on bed, a mirror, an alarm clock with music going off. None of that was in the end of last week's show. Tony dreams the whole last episode. A.J getting settled, Phil going down and agent harris cheering for him, Meadow becoming a lawyer and getting married. In the end, he sees himself sitting at the table. He is dreaming of having dinner with his family. Its ends when tony wakes up from his great dream. When A.J. says during the episode, "you are all living in a dream", that is a clue. sheets on bed, A.J's comment, and tony seeing himself at the end are all clues that the show really ended last week. This weeks episode was all a dream."
  6. southsider2k5 replied to Reddy's topic in SLaM
    I had to go out and get an order of Rib Tips from Robinson's yesterday because of this thread...
  7. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 03:03 PM) Eh hem, the question was: The answer is Nyet! No! I say no! [/stalin] Now if the question is, "Is Mark the best homegrown pitcher in Sox history?" the answer is, IMO, Yes! Have you picked your nits lately? I think they are in season.
  8. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:15 PM) I guess in this day and age, finding a way to completely dodge the question is a pretty common thing. Firing Walker probably won't fix this offense. But he clearly isn't getting the job done. If you're a manager in the real world and no one under you is performing well, guess what? Your ass gets canned, too. As far as Greg Walker preaching up the middle and the other way, if that's the case, the hitters don't ever listen to him so he should still go. Right now, at best, he's totally ineffective. You are completely right, I totally missed where you provided proof about Walker's statements in my original question. Could you please post a link to that?
  9. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:33 AM) I really disliked the MASH finale. By the end of the run, the series had been well past its prime and Alda just seemed like an insufferable prick. The last thing I needed was 2 hours (or however long it was) of that drek. And that is coming from a pretty diehard fan of MASG through most of its run. On the other hand, I realize I'm the only one on the planet who quite liked the last Seinfeld and all of the self-referential elements that went into it. The whole trial thing was a convenient vehicle for all of the cameos, sure, but it really did get you thinking that, yeah, pretty much the whole group was pretty much a bunch of jerks and ruined a lot of lives during the course of the series. I also liked the ending scene with them all stuck with each other in confinement for a year (again, a pretty stupid plot vehicle I'll concede), where they just start talking about the same innane nothing stuff they've been talking about from the start. Hands-down, the worst sitcom series finale ever: Rosanne. Just awful. I'm too young to remember the end of MASH, but I too liked the Seinfeld finale. I thought it was a great microcosum of the show's history, and it was a perfect ending that they all had to suffer together, because of each other.
  10. http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1885 I am gaging interest in an NBA mock draft... Come up sign up if you are interested!
  11. QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 02:01 PM) Is Mark the best pitcher in White Sox history? It's possible, isn't it? Who else might be better? Looking at the list of pitchers Mark joined yesterday is a good place to start...
  12. So we have the worst offensive team in baseball, and we have no players who made a Top 100 list... Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver!
  13. What say you Soxtalk? Thumbs up or thumbs down?
  14. Congratulations to Mark Buehrle on his 100th major league win, becoming only the 5th person in history to win his first 100 games with the Chicago White Sox.
  15. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 01:33 PM) I've put in a call to the ticket dept asking that my seats prices be pro-rated to the Charlotte admission prices. If I'm going to watch minor leaguers, I should only pay minor league prices. Or at least 32% of your ticket prices should be based on the Charlotte price... Then again the way that the other 17 guys are playing, you might as well ask for full AAA prices
  16. QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 06:03 PM) Now I'm concerned about the velocity for Jenks. His pitch speed was way down today. He shouldn't be sitting in the 91-92 mph range. Also....what is the point of having Gonzalez on the bench? He might be the most useless roster member we've ever had. I didn't see Bobby's game Saturday, but Sunday he was hitting 96-97 with his fastball.
  17. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 12:05 PM) I'm still waiting for you to explain when Greg Walker should actually be held accountable for the worst offense in baseball. Look at the history of him retooling certain players' swings. They go from line drive hitters to guys trying to hit for power. Time and time again. Everything I have ever seen attributed to Greg Walker is up the middle and the other way. I have never once seen anyone legitimate attribute to Greg Walker saying to pull and lift. Personally when the evidence shows that players aren't doing what they are being told to do, I would hold them accountable, but then again that's the way I was raised. I guess in this day and age finding someone else to blame is a pretty common thing.
  18. Bah, to me the ending was akin to turning off your TV in the bottom of the 9th, of a tie game, with the bases loaded, during the pennant race. The end of a show should mean a real ending happens.
  19. Its amazing to think that we have eight guys on our roster right now who were in the minors to start this season. Ugh.
  20. I love it when the crime fits the punishment. It will be interesting to see if the guy has to make any calls or not...
  21. Ah, good old Carlos Lee. Thanks for helping us out over the weekend and enjoy the $100 million.
  22. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 07:01 AM) His value was still higher than what we receieved. If your Enron stock is worth $200 and you sell it for $125 in a seller's market, what is a good move? Freddy's hurtin'. It is if the downward pressure is such that your Enron stock will be trading $50 in two weeks, its a damned good move. Such is Freddy Garcia.
  23. The Sox and Cubs have to show up on any "disappointing" list, along with the Yankees. On the "good" surprises have to be Boston (way better than I thought) and Milwaukee.
  24. US Celluar Field! After that, I like Minute Maid a lot too. The Sky Dome was pretty cool as well. My least favorite was old Busch Stadium in St Louis. That place was a horrible place to see a baseball game.
  25. southsider2k5 replied to rangercal's topic in SLaM
    Wow, another Hollywood orginal movie...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.