Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/5/07 (L)
Let's keep putting nails in the Yankees $200 million coffin.
-
Mike Lowell for Third Base next year?
QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 11:48 AM) Grady Sizemore, Curtis Granderson, Jim Thome, Andruw Jones, and a couple others all suck... Worst case scenario for Fields is a right handed version of Adam Dunn (I don't think anyone can K as much as him though). Best case is a right handed power hitter who strikes out a lot. Are you telling me that you seriously believe the WORST that Josh Fields will do, is a guy who averages 40 homers a year? Wow.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 11:09 AM) When was the last time that JR allowed his GM to sign a pitcher to anything more than a three- or four-year deal? I'd love to see both Mark and Jon ink five-year deals, but history suggests that it's probably not going to happen. How many pitchers have left the Sox that in retrospect deserved a four or five year deal? QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 11:13 AM) Yep, that is a very good sign. If they all start taking that approach, this offense is going to heat up quick. Also, Thome hitting the HR off Villone (LHP) was huge, because he normally struggles with that inside fastball. And even that swing was back through the box, instead of swinging for the foul pole. Hopefully this means that these guys are actually listening to Walker again.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Running with that, Tada's and Pauly's approaches at the plate looked the best they have been in a long time. They were both looking up the middle on the other way, keeping them on the pitch longer.
-
2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread
The sad thing is that he might be our second best OF right now.
-
One Bullpen Fix
QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 11:43 AM) Gavin Floyd is awful. By the way, since when have teams only been able to make roster moves when they're at home? I keep hearing about how all of these changes are going to happen tomorrow. You need a passport to fly to Canada now. It isn't like it used to be.
-
New Time Saving Idea!!
This is why I am a people person. I do what I can to help everyone
-
June 4th, The 18th anniversary of Tiananmen Sq
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19031613/site/newsweek/
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Its nice to see the Sox actually hang on and win a game that got looking grimm at the end. Its a step in the right direction.
-
Zambrano is nuts!!
Upper management only cares about the $$$$. If they Cubs keep losing, and fans stop showing up, it doesn't matter if Jesus himself is managing this team, he is getting fired. There have been starting to be cracks in the Cubs armor of selling every seat, everyday. Slowly but surely more people have been dressing up as empty seats for games, and tickets aren't nearly as hard to get as they used to be. If they trend continues and we see 25K at games in September, everyone from Hendry to Pinella, to the new VP (can't remember his name) will probably be cleaning out their desks with the new ownership.
-
Zambrano is nuts!!
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 07:57 AM) I was listening to Boers and Bernstein yesterday and they repeatedly talked about the players-only meeting that the Cubs had last week, and how there was more than one player who cannot stand Lou. And on top of that, nobody came to Lou's defense, Derrek Lee just moderated the meeting and let people talk. Of course, this is all passed along info, so it probably isnt all true, but there is more than likely a good portion of it that holds water. I just dont know what could help that team. I dont know that Girardi would have this team doing any better than Lou, and that seems to be everyones de facto guy who was supposed to be the coach. Right now if Girardi was coach, it wouldnt be "He is old and past his time", it would be "He is young and over his head". Just my two cents It make sense with what his happening on the field there. Girardi sounds much like the same kind of personality as Pinella, so I don't think anything would be different there. The problem is that these guys got so used to playing however they wanted under Baker, then they had the polar opposite personality come into the clubhouse in Lou. It takes time to adjust, especially when you have expectations made of you that you never had before.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I just read on the elevator that you are twice as likely to get spy/adware from a file sharing site (19%) versus a porn site (9%)
-
Rep. "Dollar" Bill Jefferson finally indicted!!!
It looks like they kicked him off of Weighs and Means, but I don't see anything one way or the other about any other committees.
-
Amanda Beard to pose in Playboy
QUOTE(GaelicSoxFan @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 07:45 PM) Nope, I got the winner right here: Damn, I haven't had a Dad's in forever! Do they even make them anymore?
-
FutureSox Top 25: 5-1
I had 2010
-
Slowey's first start for Twins
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 07:25 AM) Oh, I doubt it. Florida wouldn't accept the trade. Florida is old, they need to get younger quick.
-
Craig Thomas, dead at 74
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/06/05/ap3787815.html
-
Slowey's first start for Twins
QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 03:43 AM) Last I recall, Fort Wayne was in Indiana. Nowhere near Florida. You mean MWL, right? All though I am sure Indiana would trade Fort Wayne to Florida from a Town to be Named Later.
-
The Sopranos
Wow what a great episode. The last week is so wide open, I don't even know what to think now.
-
North vs South question for the ages... or at least 07
The Sox are actually 2.5 games closer to a playoffs spot than the Cubs are right now.
-
GOP Primaries/Candidates thread
QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 04:34 PM) the front runner? no way. he is a 3rd or 4th. his chances are slim to none. You are delusional. Like Edwards, avoiding taking a real stand on anything is the smartest political move he ever made. He has avoided having to explain a tough vote for years.
-
DEM Primaries/Candidates thread
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 04:46 PM) Sarbanes Oxley legislation is not in place to keep CEO salaries down. That was a big selling point of the law if you remember back. The public knowledge of CEO salaries was supposed to lead to "outrage" and a reigning in of compensation packages. Instead the only outrage was by other CEOs who found out how "underpaid" they were in relation to their peers at other companies and it led to an explosion of their packages instead. The funny thing is that the explosion of professional sports athletes salaries would have served as a great historical tool as to what happens when you have an extremely limited pool of available labor and many teams putting a great important into their abilities, mixing in a huge amount of public pressure to succeed, and a lot of money. In general stockholders don't give a s*** about what their CEOs are making if it means losing their top talent to another competeing company, or if their company's stock is preforming well. They only care if their company is in trouble, and by then it is too late for that particular CEO, and they have to overpay to get someone to save their company... again, sounding remarkably similar to free agency in sports.
-
New Time Saving Idea!!
I could save you some time too! Turn in your White Sox fan card, and you don't have to waste anymore time at all on this team! Quick, easy, AND painless!
-
North vs South question for the ages... or at least 07
If you had to pick a team for the rest of 2007, would you rather have the Cubs or the Sox? They are both in a shambles right now, with the potential to either really turn things around, or end up in last place. Whose chances do you like better and why?
-
AGon sent down?
QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:02 PM) Yeah yeah, you got the history and such, but no two players are alike. There is no way of saying with 100% confidence, like you are right now, that a player would either incredibly suck, be mediocre, or flourish. Where did I say with 100% confidence? Quit putting words into my mouth. If you are getting that out of what I am saying, you need to re-enroll in remedial reading classes. I'll even repost my posts with special bolding and extra large print to help you out, and make it that much easier for you to apologize for making up what I said.