Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 08:36 AM) So those that don't want negative stuff have to deal with crazy ass nonsensical trade proposals/speculations? Come on - there has to be a happy medium here. Common sense must rule somewhere. That's the fun thing about having a non-dictated message board... People are free to be stupid, and some take great advantage of it.
  2. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 09:16 AM) seriously at this point im shipping out Joe Crede and seeing if our spects are the real deal and can help us moving forward. Is there really any doubt that Fields could come up and hit 210-230? I'll be really honest here and say I doubt it. Maybe a year, two, or more down the road, but not in 07. He has too many holes in his swing, and the Sox rookie have a terrible history of having long swings that don't adapt well to the majors.
  3. Aw, here's some affirmations little buddy, you look like you need them.
  4. So you are saying Clemens might be headed to the Sox bullpen?
  5. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 04:13 PM) Enough with the asinine trade speculation. If I have to read Dye and Crawford in the same sentence again I'm going to lose it. New rule, if you have no idea how the trade market works, have absolutely no clue what a players value is or can't comprehend the fact that some teams have no use for certain old, expensive soon to be free agent players then you are not allowed to make up trade proposals. Remember all of those rants about "this is a message board" when people complained about all of the concentration on negative stuff... this is soooo karma's payback.
  6. The Bartman incident.
  7. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 10:54 AM) Yeah, newer "horror" movies are about copious amounts of gore, quick cuts, and shaky camera work. Not scary, and not good cinema.
  8. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 06:41 AM) A liberal application of WD40 works as well, and shouldn't harm the paint. Pfft. That's your solution for everything
  9. QUOTE(Al Lopez @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 07:56 AM) I know nothing about the shortstop, but I'm for any trade that lets me say "Hu's on short." Thanks for the laugh. It was very welcome
  10. A nice laugh out of a trade proposal in the Dye for Abreu thread QUOTE(Al Lopez @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 07:56 AM) I know nothing about the shortstop, but I'm for any trade that lets me say "Hu's on short."
  11. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:56 PM) Thinking on it... does Mac even have any options? Phil Rogers mentioned that he did in the Sunday Trib QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 10:12 PM) MacDougal for Rowand kidding..... Rogers also mentioned this deal as a possibility.
  12. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 08:38 PM) Private organization. Different rules. It this place a wholey owned private bar? Would it be OK if they just changed the name on the wall from "bar" to "club"?
  13. Garza has been backlisted for criticizing the Twins organziation for making him change his style of pitching. Just call him Brian Anderson.
  14. Anyone notice the final score of the Cubs game yesterday without Pinella around? It might be coincidence, but it really seems to me like the problem isn't Zambrano or Barrett in that clubhouse, its Pinella.
  15. QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:51 PM) Dickey V said no way he leaves Florida after title game.............WRONG Duke/Carolina BOY!
  16. If we are talking about a guy who is going to be somewhere between 11th and 15th on this roster, I don't much care who we sign. At least Fizer does bring some frontline scoring ability, which would be a nice change.
  17. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 09:39 AM) 40 years of civil rights and we'd be right back to where we started? Segregated bathrooms? Segregated hotels? Sorry, I can't support that in any way. So you are dropping your support of the boy scouts?
  18. Hey Nuke, I think I can get a DVD copy made, or I can get you a VHS copy made. Let me know where you want me to send it, and what format you want. Don't worry about the cost.
  19. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:39 PM) Pursue whatever you think is a dream (writing) NOW. You can always fall back on the more secure career (computer networking) later. It's much easier than trying to do it the other way around. Great post. Do what you like, then make it work in the real world. That's what I did.
  20. [Plugs in Steff's addy with SUPER zoom]
  21. It is not real-time. I also was amazed how much more clear the views of the maps are now. I can make out patterns in the rock gardens that the people who owned our house before us left. It doesn't look any better from space either, let me tell you!
  22. QUOTE(Steff @ May 31, 2007 -> 01:39 PM) Right. And I agree. Though a different nickname has been given to this child and it makes no sense. I just want to see if anyone picks it. Maybe if the family starts calling him by something else, and that's what the kid goes by it could happen, but to the layman, it will be Sal.
  23. The Grudge was god awful and a snozefest. I should have listened to my instincts and left early in the movie. The Ring was OK, but there was no real scariness to it. People watched a movie, they died, yawn.
  24. A nickname as in a shorten version of a real name? It'll probably be Sal.
  25. Has anyone played around with this yet? Its pretty crazy.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.