Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 28, 2007 -> 01:49 PM) And join the military . Sadly, the right cure is worse for this country than the compromise with the devil. Interesting that working people would be a drain on the system. I'd like to hear why the GOP is opposed to minimum wage increases but opposed to low paying jobs that are a drain on our system? Isn't the solution to pay a livable wage so everyone could contribute to the cost of this country? And isn't a deficit the only way to keep our economy humming along? I thought deficits are great! Bottom line is the right thing to do is pay to send 12,000,000 people back to their countries and put in a system where we can allow 12,000,000 people to take those jobs. The net is the same to social security and other working poor programs that the government offers, but we will have fresh new immigrants who came here legally. Businesses that relied on this labor may go under while they wait for new laborers. We'll temporarily drop 12,000,000 jobs from the economy, but we'll just cut taxes to make up for it. I notice SS hasn't found how to have people working these jobs without being a burden to social security. I was hoping he had a way to put these jobs on the books with different workers and save the system. I'd love to talk more, but I am fulfilling my civic duty by serving on a jury of my peers.
  2. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 29, 2007 -> 05:24 PM) I'm loving the high socks Mike. Not so much the purple shirt GP. Grindin ain't easy, but somebody gotta do it... Ask me about the two out bases loaded two rbi single that got the 7 run seventh inning going
  3. How can people not say the minor league people?
  4. I'd like to echo all of the happy reviews of the event. The game went off pretty well. I know we didn't have the greatest turnout, but those who didn't go should regret it. We all had a great time, both teams included. To be honest, I cannot wait to play this again next year. The WSI team was a lot of fun to play against, and I believe they had a pretty good time as well. I do want to thank Greg, Tito, NSS, and Kap, along with a really special thank you to Mario and Wilkes for their work in getting this event organized. Because it was a completely new event, there were somethings we all learned, and we are ready to make it a bigger and better event in the future. Keep an eye for Comiskey Cup II coming to a message board near you. Here are the Handsome Soxtalk Playa's All of the brave participants
  5. Its been an hour since the end of the game, and no winners thread? TERRERO ERSTAD THORNTON JENKS AND THE RALLY CREDE
  6. The park is directly north of the "B" parking lot. If you find the north end of the ballpark and walk up Shields you will run right into it.
  7. It's still not too late to show up and play! Unless you are Jason Gage, everyone will play.
  8. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ May 25, 2007 -> 02:02 PM) He hasn't cast a vote in about 6 weeks IIRC. I thought it was more like 6 months?
  9. Hello Soxtalk and guests: One last reminder for the masses and the players here, tomorrow is the big day. We will be playing on Saturday May 26th, in the heart of Bridgeport to support Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities, by playing a charity softball game against the "hated" rivals of WSI. We are asking each person who plays to donate $20 to benefit this worthwhile cause, and we would like to extend the opportunity to everyone who would like to help us out, but cannot be at the softball game. Please send your donations to jason@futuresox.com from your paypal account, and support this worthy cause. We are all lucky enough to be able to hangout on Soxtalk, and we think it is a good time to give back to those who don't share our good fortune in life. Please take the time and donate a little something. Thanks from The Entire Soxtalk and WSI Staff
  10. QUOTE(mreye @ May 25, 2007 -> 01:35 PM) Boy, you're no fun to trash talk. Yeah, the run wasn't much fun either. I ended up pretty dehydrated and cramped up really bad about the time we were out on LSD. Ugh. I ran god-awful. BUT WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR
  11. That was funny stuff
  12. QUOTE(mreye @ May 25, 2007 -> 01:01 PM) I was at home by the time you were finishing up. More accurate.
  13. I think they will look back and regret eloping. We waited until we could afford a nice wedding, and even then did a lot of stuff ourselves to keep costs under control. I don't think it is selfish at all. This is their day, and no one elses. Whatever they feel comfortable with, they should do. I think a celebration afterwards is fine as long as it includes a "no gift" request.
  14. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ May 25, 2007 -> 11:10 AM) Sayid was "orienteering" in the first season... Ever watch "survivor"? they had no clue and that was REAL LIFE...TV people are just as stupid. I know who I'd want to be trapped on a desert island with.... Awww shucks you're embarassing me
  15. Talk to the bar first, and make them produce the receipts. If they won't cooperate, then go to your bank and the cops.
  16. QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 25, 2007 -> 10:49 AM) Nice, right by me. You mind if I take a shot at her? Aren't you a little old for 17 year old girls?
  17. I almost missed, happy Birthday to Jim Spencer as well
  18. QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 25, 2007 -> 10:19 AM) Im sure she has done some messed up s*** to him as well. If there is this situation, and she has just now come forward, and she has also been arrested for violence, usually there are two sides. And none of it justifies what Dukes threatened, and has done to her.
  19. Ah, that's kind sad. She did brilliant work. Until Palehose 6 came along, there was nothing for Sox fans that rivaled it.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 24, 2007 -> 08:21 PM) They say that as long as you buy the prof a sixpack of Guinness (Foreign Extra, no widgets) on nights he has to grade papers or exams, then you'll do fine. And they are right. Did you teach microeconomics per chance, because that sounds awful familiar.
  21. QUOTE(mreye @ May 25, 2007 -> 06:38 AM) I was there. Damn I wish I would have been thinking... I would have looked you up.
  22. Did anyone else here run in it? It was a whole lot of fun, but damn I got to train a little better next year. 12 oz curls doesn't work for 3.5 miles.
  23. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 24, 2007 -> 03:11 PM) So since you just reiterated that you support all 12 million being deported and didn't directly answer the question, who does take over the jobs that they occupy without being a "burden"? I just find it funny that some people might somehow think that the goverment wants to keep them here out of the kindness and generosity of their hearts when it's obvious they would only want to do so if it makes the most sense economically. Personally, I'm less excited about hearing about 120 billion more tax dollars going into a war that doesn't make a whole lot of sense than about an immigrant working and getting social security. Funny, no one seems to want to answer any of my questions anyway, instead just asking more questions. But that's OK.
  24. QUOTE(spiderman @ May 24, 2007 -> 08:44 PM) Why is Edwards a better candidate than in 2004 when he didn't get the nomination, and then lost as VP ? Hasn't he been out of government since, thus negating the 'more experience' needed' argument ? He hasn't had a voting record to get beatdown with since he left the Senate.
  25. Happy Birthday to a most excellent poster and a Soxy lady

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.