southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Official NHL Thread
Come on Anaheim
-
Bears DE Alex Brown asks premission to seek a trade
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:46 PM) The new trend in the NFL seems to be for mediocre, overpayed, overrated players to demand trades. I hope it gets done, the more Mark Anderson the better, and Bauzin is an animal. Welcome to the cons of having not guarenteed contracts. Because their deals can be voided at anytime, they will shoot for the big money every chance that they get.
-
Romney/Edwards Lead in Iowa
QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 21, 2007 -> 07:04 AM) Somehow, I doubt it. If you put the two most hypocritcal candidates out there for each party, and the most polarizing in regards to common party lines, I have no doubt you will give a third party a golden chance to rush in a sieze the middle.
-
5/18 Games
QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:22 PM) I predict he never hits the majors. QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 01:16 PM) Plus, to predict any minor leaguer doesn't make the majors...you're more likely to be right.
-
May/June Quotes of the Month
From the ever so hooooot picture in the "Friends never let friends" thread... QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:41 PM) id tap it, only because im going through a cold stretch though
-
I hate to do this but....
QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ May 21, 2007 -> 02:28 AM) i wonder how long people are going to say wait until our offense shows up. when is that going to be? it would be like if in the movie 300, the spartans just waited for reinforcements instead of kicking persian ass. i know corny reference but its all i got after a 12 hour shift at 230 in the morning in the middle of the ocean. I was thinking a better reference would be a little more Simpson-esque about Cheese-Eating, Surrender Monkies...
-
Romney/Edwards Lead in Iowa
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 20, 2007 -> 10:32 PM) Unfortunately, I have been thinking more and more that Romney v Edwards is precisely what we'll see in November of 2008. Its too bad really. In all seriousness, if those are the candidates on the major party ballots, it makes the Unity08 thing a done deal, and a major contender.
-
masset start
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2007 -> 12:05 AM) Are you being sarcastic? Masset didn't have the stamina to throw a ton of pitches (when you aren't throwing 100 pitches every 5 days you can't be expected to go out after being sporadically used and throw 85-90 pitches) and you could see he was very fatigued. He'd have been an idiot to leave him out longer. Ozzie took Masset out when the worse that could happen was Masset getting a ND (had MacDougall gave up both inherited runs). Ozzie has actually been pretty good all season as far as I'm concerned (but I'm in the vast minority). I agree 100%. You could tell Massetts pitches didn't have the same movement, velocity, and location in his last inning. If anything he went a little too long, but I have no problem letting the kid go a little long, as he earned it with the way he threw. Heck, I think we have just seen Mark Buehrle's 2008 replacements first White Sox start.
-
Open for Discussion: is the offense awake?
It isn't just this series, but some of the guys approaches have been looking better for a while now... Sometimes it takes a little while for the results to follow, but really guys like JD and Pauly have had much better ABs for a while now.
-
Romney/Edwards Lead in Iowa
Romney vs Edwards... The Battle of the Sellouts.
-
Happy Birthday Kid Gleason and joeynach!
Happy Birthday boys
-
Happy happy happy happy birthday
Happy Birthday Eddy, I mean Sleepy
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Nick Massett was great to watch today. He was pitching to all parts of the plate, and wasn't afraid to get the big out. The kid has a future here as a starter.
-
I hate to do this but....
I [heart] this thread
-
Amazing Pods stats, Owens only answer?
They also mentioned that since 2005 The Sox are about a .600 team when Pods starts, and a .500 team when he doesn't.
-
masset start
QUOTE(Felix @ May 20, 2007 -> 07:51 PM) This thread is a fun read after today's game. QUOTE(vandy125 @ May 20, 2007 -> 08:28 PM) Very fun to read. A lot of people should be eating their words, but it won't happen. We will see the same complaints the next time anything bad happens. What have you done for me lately Ozzie and KW? I have no patience or memory of 2 days ago! QUOTE(thedoctor @ May 20, 2007 -> 08:37 PM) let me be the first one to re-visit this point. great job. and not to get on my high horse or anything, but holy s*** have people jumped the shark on this season and on this organization. i had no idea the ledge was here already. OZZIE GUILLEN IS THE BESTEST MANAGER EVA@@@@
-
Hank Blalock having surgery
DAMN. That has got to hurt.
-
Yankees about to contest Giambi's contract?
What is this, better late than never
-
McCarthy Watch
Watching Massetts start today, you can't stop and wonder if both Nick and John Danks will end up being better than Brandon in the long run.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
MB pitchest out it!!! 2-1 after 6 full innings from the Trough
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
MB pitchest out it!!! 2-1 after 6 full innings from the Trough
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Stay focused Mark, we need one more.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Bear down Mark, lets get two.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 18, 2007 -> 02:46 PM) Pitchers duels fun when you can see the game or at least hear it. Reading about it while it is happening in a quiet office zzzzzz. No doubt, usually I love pitching and defense, but on gamecast and chat? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
I believe this is what used to be known in the olden days as a pitching duel.