Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. JD DOES YARD WORK 2-1 SOX!!!
  2. Where are all the chat fiends?
  3. Too bad AJ wasn't catching, he could have cold cocked him right before he touched home plate.
  4. Hey, hey Toby Hall fits right in!
  5. southsider2k5 replied to daa84's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:37 PM) What ever happened to ignoring the annoying assclowns in the media? The media needs this more than the Sox do...
  6. QUOTE(jasonxctf @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:33 PM) if this program, itself creates a surplus then lets keep the surplus in a separate account and build it. if that means that Arkansas doesnt get $5 million to build a Museum honoring underwater basket weaving then so be it. therefore, either (a) taxes have to get raised to cover the costs of these projects or (B) these projects get eliminated. We aren't talking about 5 million dollars. In 2006 the social security fund ran a $181.3 billion surplus. That would take eliminating all of the US's education and transportation funding and still needing to find another $15 to $20 billion dollars. We are talking about something like 6-7% of the entire federal government budget. You aren't going to do that by eliminating little pork projects. What you are talking about would be closing entire sectors of government.
  7. Ah, its refreshing when I see tolerance, love, and forgiveness being showing by "Christian" leaders, just like Christ wanted to see.
  8. QUOTE(jasonxctf @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:55 AM) why not start saving the surpluses we earn from now on? put those into some interest bearing account (if thats legal for the govt) and not touch it? maybe that would help buy us an additional few years before its a deficit building expense. It sounds great in principle, but where are you going to get a couple hundred billion dollars from to fund the programs that are currently being funded by this money? Yeah, you are either going to raise taxes, add to the debt, or cut benefits. QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:18 PM) Until the 60's, social security was separate from the general government fund. It was designed and sold to the general public that way when it was implemented. I don't remember which president was in the white house at the time, probably Johnson. However, there was certainly a democratic congress and they controlled the nation's pursestrings. They put the SS surplus into the general fund. Roosevelt implemented it, the 60's congress changed the rules. Major f***ing con job accomplished. There's your reason the SS system is on the verge of bankruptcy. The reason it is on the verge of collapse is because it is the nations biggest pyramid scheme. It works great as long as more and more people keep paying into it, once that stops, the pyramid collapses.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to daa84's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:05 PM) I agree with you there. I just don't know if Ozzie can maintain credibility with his players over the long haul. I think his 'buffoon" persona will catch up with him eventually. I don't think that persona exsists in the clubhouse. I think that is a public thing used to divert attention away from other, more important problems. QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:16 PM) Mike North shouldn't even have a license to be on the radio for the first part. Second off, if AJ was having a problem with not playing, he should have taken it up with Ozzie. I know AJ wants to play every day, but he's in no place to be talking to a low-life radio host like North about it on the air. Also, I really think the torn Labrum was something Toby already had. I in fact knew some people who had torn labrums, but were still able to play. I think in the ST, he aggravated it by that dive. I think he will be fine for the rest of the year. And it's not like AJ has a canon behind the plate either. A licence to be on the radio? HA!
  10. There are two solutions to the problem. Reduce benefits and/or increase taxes. That's it.
  11. southsider2k5 replied to daa84's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:26 AM) You know what I meant. But let's rephrase: Ozzie protects his hardworking players. You don't even need the "good" He will stand up for the guys who are team-oriented hardworkers, no matter good or bad players.
  12. southsider2k5 replied to daa84's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:08 AM) You are probably right. In fact, it's only a matter of time unless Ozzie's smarter than I think is he is. Ozzie has to be smarter than most people give him credit for. You don't win a world series if you are a completely phsycopathic idiot especially with that team. Its not like had a team full of all-stars that won it.
  13. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:15 AM) So far, you've labeled me as a moron, retarded, and that I deserved to be punched. And I am not the only one who sees it this way. Not makin' a lot of friends. I think he went to the George W Bush School for Media Relations. Wait until he takes AP Hunting with Friends with Professor Cheney.
  14. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:39 AM) We put crap and garbage in an "engine", and we go go go... Back TO THE FUTURE!
  15. ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY SPACEMAN SPIFF!!!
  16. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:20 AM) Do you have anything plastic? That's made of oil. Certain clothes? Oil. Etc. etc. etc. I agree that some of these things will make a huge dent (which, it needs to), but I'm curious if we could ever get off of oil for good... Sure we will, once it runs out... Its coming where it is getting to the point where there is going to be a commericial viablity to step into this marketplace with a completely new product, especially when it comes to transportation. If you think about the technological change that has happened in the last 125 years all around us, and then look at the basic car engine, which really hasn't changed at all, it is kind of amazing. I really think the auto factory as we see it today, won't exsist in 50 years. I think we will have a completely different mode of transportation that no one has really thought of yet.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to daa84's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:10 AM) I just don't understand why the White Sox let the media bother them so much. What did Ozzie think he would accomplish by calling in and arguing on the air? Diverting attention away from everyone pounding on the offense and Greg Walker?
  18. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2007 -> 08:55 PM) What in the hell has happened to Fausto Carmona since we lit him up in his first start this year? That sent him to 1-12 since opening day 2006, now he's won 5 in a row and threw a CG SHO to beat Johan. Bizarre. Its one of those situations where statistics don't tell the whole story. The kid is finally getting it, which is scary.
  19. What an interesting person. Its too bad the language barrier doesn't allow more interviews with him to be published.
  20. Wow McCarthy's walk totals are just awful for him.
  21. QUOTE(barnes @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:04 AM) I think it strikes some of us as a bad ad campaign because it still rings true for many people. As I was walking to the park this week, someone asked me, "Hey, I can't find Jimbo's, where is it???" all excited as if he wanted to really see the place. I felt like casual fans shouldn't have to ask where the nearest bar is if they want to grab a drink before the game, but maybe the layout with the parking lots just doesn't work with that concept. And it's not like it took that much time for me to tell the guy. The guy couldn't be from out of town?
  22. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2007 -> 09:47 PM) Guarantee Ben Wallace is smiling and shaking hands with the Pistons after the game like they are still his teammates. Hell, he did more for them than us tonight so he might as well be. Actually if watched in the backround they all were doing it, they just focused on Wallace more than anyone else.
  23. QUOTE(fathom @ May 17, 2007 -> 09:36 PM) Thome left the game for a pinch hitter tonight. Anyone have an update on why? If he's injured again, KW needs to go out and acquire a new DH. This is the second day in a row they have done that, and there is nothing out on the wires about an injury. Everything in print today is talking about his return Monday. Besides I thought you were the guy with the connections, you tell us
  24. QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:21 AM) Well if that's what you want, do a commercial people will actually find funny, on both sides. Here is my idea of a spoof type commercial that is awesome. (Spin off of Apple/PC Commercial) Scene : Two guys standing before a blank white background, one wearing a Sox Jersey/Cap (Slightly bigger guy, muscled), one wearing a Cubs Jersey/Cap (Kind of geeky northsider looking guy with sandles). Sox fan : Hi, I'm a White Sox. Cubs Fan : And I'm a Cubs. How you doin' Sox?! Sox fan : Great...how about yourself? Cubs Fan : Well, not so good, I seem to have a problem "closing" the deal...but at least I have a hot girlfriend to keep me company in the stands... (Hot girl wearing a Cubs jersey enters scene, snuggles with Cubs fan. Sox fan look over, checks her out and smiles.) Sox fan : Nice. Can't say I have one of those, but at least I have this awesome trophy to keep me company... (Sox fan exits scene, re-enters scene carrying world series trophy, look of awe comes over the Cubs fan face.) Cubs fans girlfriend : Wow...nice trophy. (Hot girl leaves Cubs fan side and walks to Sox fan to "touch" the trophy. Sox fan moves trophy to other side.) Hot girl : I honestly don't know much about baseball , but I'd love to learn about an actual Major League team... (New couple begins to walk off, girls removes and drops Cubs jersey on ground, however she is covered by the larger Sox fans body...nudity implied. Cubs fans left in the scene alone, White Sox baseball graphic comes up.) How lame am I? hehehhe I liked it!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.