Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Official 2007-2008 RPS Thread
SADDAM!! I WIN AGAIN!!!!!
-
DEI Caught Cheating
Hmm, there is a joke in there somewhere...
-
Build a Story with Lyrics
- American Idol
Jordin had the worst night of anyone, but at this stage that doesn't really matter as much. Personally I think Blake is the one person who you can pencil into the final, as the two girls will split the vote somewhat. Melinda had the best night, I thought, even though I think she will be the least popular of all of them when it comes to the pop scene.- New Airport X-Ray Peeks Under Clothes
Wait until they see my "concealed weapon"- Gavin Floyd hurt
That stinks... Well at least it isn't serious, I guess. Anyways, thanks for the info, and welcome to the site!- sox cubs past
QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 16, 2007 -> 07:41 AM) Wow, that is not even close. Sox averaging 85.2 wins a year. The Cubs had something like 4 win totals in the 60's, while the lowest Sox total was 76 IIRC. The Sox also had three 90 win seasons, while the Cubs had 1.- sox cubs past
QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:07 PM) hey guys ,i have a bet with a cub fan that says the cubs had better records the last 10 years than the sox,please tell me the sox do. MLB.com only goes back 4 years,thanks GO SOX The Sox have had one of the best record in the majors over the past 10 years... You should plan getting your money, because I'll bet its not even close. Well I wanted to know, so here it is... 1997-2006 Sox 852-767 (one rain out, not made up) Cubs 767-853 Sox have 85 more wins over that 10 year span- Yankees or Cubs?
The Yankees will not be a sub .500 team all year long. They might have dug themselves too big of a hole to catch Boston, but you can bet they will come hot and heavy after the Wild Card, and that could very well be us they are fighting with.- White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
It ought to be interesting to see if our terrible hitting or their terrible pitching takes this series.- For GOP only
QUOTE(Texsox @ May 15, 2007 -> 01:43 PM) I don't believe it is fair to apply current understandings and values to actions from a decade or more ago. The world changes, far more important is how people face those changes and learn from past mistakes. The really interesting thing is that it was a mention from Barrack Obama that told me about this stuff in the first place. If you put Hill and WMT into google, let's just say this was one of the nicer stories. Some were just down right brutal, with some crazy conspiracy type stuff in them.- ESPN hits Rickwood
http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/columns/s...&id=2545695- Nothing tougher than AL Central
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...&id=2869730- Happy Birthday X4
beck72(39), credescrew24(22), BearsWhiteSox23(23), Pods70Rowand33(20)- For GOP only
Hmm maybe Wal-Mart is an evil corporation after all? http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2006/Wal-M...nton10mar06.htm- Yankees or Cubs?
Teams I would rather sweep instead of the Cubs... Twins Indians Tigers Royals Angels Mariners Rangers Athletics Yankees Blue Jays Orioles Red Sox Devil Rays- First Vernon Wells..Now Ken Griffey Jr.
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:30 PM) It's been all over, but most recently that stupid study that was performed. However, it all makes no sense, since Hank Aaron owns the record. If this was Griffey a handful of HRs away from the record, this would be a lot better and bigger thing for baseball. Throw Alex Rodriguez into that bunch as well. I would also say on the other side of things if lilly white Mark McGwire was within 10 of the record, he would be getting tons of grief as well. I really believe that is the reason he quit when he did... He saw the writing on the wall.- Cinco de Mayo stereotype party
QUOTE(Texsox @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:20 PM) You raise a great point. I believe there is a scale that society has and is using. What suffering has this group endured, how justified was the suffering, how recent, how severe, and what is balancing it? So while it would seem to be unfair to negatively portray WASPy millionaires, we accept it on some cosmic balance scale. Figuring they can go home to their nice homes in the suburb, polish their Mercedes, and feel better about themselves. Conversely, negatively portray a disabled person who has been denied employment, denied a quality of life, liberty, and happiness, and we feel a need to "protect" that individual. I'm not saying it is fair in any way. Beautiful, white millionaires have feelings too. But we cheer for the underdogs, protect the weak and helpless. There is a certain humanity that I believe works for us. Its not just the rich, the powerful, or anything like that. How many drunken Irish, or stupid Polish jokes do you hear? Its OK to portray all Jews as money hungry, and all Indians as either taxi cab drivers or 7-11 owners. How many rich taxi-cab drivers do you know?- Jerry Falwell dies
I wonder if this Tinky Winky finally got his revenge?- Cinco de Mayo stereotype party
QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:15 PM) The existance of a double-standard doesn't make racial slurs ok. Who said it did? What gets boring is the outrage from people who have no problems doing the same things to other groups of people.- Unity '08
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 15, 2007 -> 11:56 AM) I think the best argument for this article being wrong is that it is from the Washington Times. But well, we'll see. It would certainly be interesting to see if someone actually could buy the Presidency. Are you serious? Who was the last person President who won the office on a shoestring budget? The Presidency has been bought every four years for a long time now.- Cinco de Mayo stereotype party
I know that it is much easier to miss the big picture, and just jump on the outrage train with everyone else, but I still don't get how this is OK for some groups, but it isn't for others. You mocking me just proves that point. It is OK to slander people as long as they aren't one of the groups who are under the spotlight now. If they aren't in that spotlight, it is OK, no scratch that, socially admirable, to joke about them. The thing is it is just as bad when you do it about one group as another, no matter what the TV tells you is funny. If you want to be outraged about the T-shirts, fine, but I hope you stand up everytime this happens instead of joining the mindless hypocrates who don't see anything wrong with their actions.- Unity '08
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ May 15, 2007 -> 11:45 AM) He's said repeatedly that he isn't interested in running for President. Close your eyes and think back to the sametime in 2005. Do you hear Barrack Obama?- May 15th "gas protest" nonsense
QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:59 AM) Um, yes it does. Just because gasoline is an inelastic good that is under the control of an oligopoly doesn't mean it behaves in another dimension. Then please explain demand increasing with increasing prices.- Alcohol in the Clubhouse
The teams can do whatever they want, but be ready to be sued for it. - American Idol