Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Music Thread
Paul McCartney's new CD "Memory Almost Full" comes out June 5th. Hopefully that means another tour is in the works.
-
Tornado footage
QUOTE(THEWOOD @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:18 AM) great video, i have always wanted to see one in person. i think they are very fascinating ^^^ I have this thing about natural disasters. I don't know why, but they facinate me. Maybe I should be a Cubs fan?
-
Illinois Smoking Ban Passes House
QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ May 7, 2007 -> 01:07 AM) Sooo...exactly what study are these guys using to deem second hand smoke so destructive? Or is it just the smell? I'm just not seeing the basis of this law. I suppose if you spent 4 hours a day in a 400sqft bar which is always packed with smokers, well, you may face a true quality of life violation...but the average person hitting the bar once or twice a week for a few hours, often in very large buildings with ventilation, doesn't exactly sound like a grave, even minuscule, danger. It's hilarious to me, you see a town a few years back claim that they were going smoke-free. Since that time, it's been a freakin' contest to see what town/city/state can come up with the newest "safety law" (blatantly abusing the constitution) to make the news and get their name on the map. And the sad part is that some of you selfish people are applauding this blatantly political move. So I take it you'd have no problem having something like a Waste Transfer station located next to your home?
- Paris Hilton going to jail...
-
LOST! thread
Two more years would put it two years short of the originally planned seven correct? I wouldn't be happy to see it happen, but this is the type of show you can't drag out for rating sake. Its not a like Sitcom where you can try different things. I would much rather have it end too soon, versus too late.
-
2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread
Wow, that can't be good! Ouch. Hopefully the kid is OK.
-
If Barry Bonds has a huge season...
Stuff like this is why baseball writers shouldn't be trusted with things like awards voting and Hall of Fame balloting. They are to caught up in their own egos to worry about what they really should be voting for.
-
Clemens back to the Yankees
And this in a nutshell is why the rest of the world hates the New York Yankees. Everyone else has injury problems and they either dip into the minors or make a trade. The Yankees have injury problems and they spend $5 million A MONTH for a another pitcher.
-
White Sox Winner!!!!!!!!!
It was nice to steal a win against the Angels two best pitchers. Maybe these couple of wins will relax the boys and get a little confidence going into Minnesota.
-
DEM Primaries/Candidates thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 5, 2007 -> 10:32 PM) That's true. However, the majority of the people don't get the WSJ for the op/ed page. Andif you think about it, "conservatives" and the type of people who get the WSJ actually sort of fit together. Pro-business and democrats aren't usually in the same sentance. Well when the very people you keep talking about taxing the rich, and they are the ones reading this paper... Let's just say I can see where their bias would lie.
-
5/4 Games
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:12 PM) Here's what you do -- go over what I said in those four lines, and try to find out where I said he is no longer a major league prospect. Ah, so all that was just an overreaction to one game... I see.
-
5/4 Games
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 4, 2007 -> 08:27 PM) Yeah, I advise everyone not to monitor Gonzalez's start. It's bad. REAL bad. I suppose this is the wakeup call for anyone expecting a clear path for Gonzalez to the majors. He is a White Sox prospect, after all. One bad game, and he is no longer a major league prospect? Wow.
-
If Barry Bonds has a huge season...
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 5, 2007 -> 02:06 PM) Are you kidding? Where'd you run into him? If Kittle still lives there, both he and Soxin live in Valpo.
-
McCarthy Watch
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 4, 2007 -> 08:45 PM) Final line -- 6IP, 2H, 1ER, 4BB, 1SO, 1HR Quick to update that one...
-
Carpenter out 3 + months, will have surgery
Its no real surprise with Carpender.
-
Brazil bypasses drug patent
Government sanctioned theft. I wonder how Brazil would react if we just went in and took over their farm fields because we needed the food to feed our people?
-
The Official [SCRUBS] Thread
QUOTE(Brian @ May 5, 2007 -> 11:53 AM) From reading the episode preview for this coming Thursday, Kim returns this week. I don't really want to see JD and Elliot get back together. They have gone down that path too many times. It would seem like a sell out if that happened. The show seems to go against the norm of regular shows and would like to see the show end differently. JD and Turk end up together, who's with me?
-
Tim Lincecum
QUOTE(Markbilliards @ May 4, 2007 -> 02:41 PM) Lincecum has an illegal delivery that will be called out in the majors, when that happens he'll lose 5 MPH on his fastball. How is his delivery "illegal"?
-
If you can't beat em...
http://hillaryspot.nationalreview.com/post...2Y5ZmNjYzJjZjM=
-
Worst Sports Headline Ever?
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 4, 2007 -> 12:47 PM) "Sox Lose World Series To Cubs" is probably worse. Nah, "Cubs World Champions, but Sox to pick first in draft" would be worse for me.
-
I'm actually more optimistic now than before the season
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 4, 2007 -> 10:52 AM) 1) Thome has to stay healthy 2) The Sox need to find a bat that kills lefties 3) Thome has to stay healthy 4) The pitching needs to remain where it is 5) Thome If one of those 5 does not come true, the Sox have no shot at winning the division. If they all do, there's a chance, and perhaps a good chance. I agree with #1 and #5, but #3 is total bulls***.
-
The Official [SCRUBS] Thread
QUOTE(Brian @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:48 AM) Liked the dreams of what it would be like to be married to Elliot and how it led to the end. The Dr. Cox one was my fav but the Turk one was good as well. JD and Elliot ending up together would be such a cop out, IMO. Especially after season 3. "God is watching..." The Elliot and Carla dream was the best...
-
So Im having dinner at the Claim Jumper in Lombard...
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:11 AM) yeah, It's bumping over there now. Anyone try the Capitol Grill yet? I didn't know that about Yorktown? I ate at the one downtown years ago. It is excellent, but steep.
-
Anyone else currently regreting letting Ross Gload go?
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2007 -> 09:03 AM) You beat me by like 2 seconds. I am ashamed. Nothing to be ashamed of young padawin.
-
White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)
I am going to summon the spirt of Keyshawn Johnson here... HIT THE DAMNED BALL!