Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
Danks is going pitch for pitch with Mussina. Early on, he doesn't seem to be scared of anyone.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
It sounds like both pitchers are really dealing... Strike one on pretty much every hitter so far on both teams.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
3 up, 3 down... no score going to the bottom of the 3rd.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
HE GAWN!
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
Can we start trying to steal home, instead of waiting for a hit?
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
All right, a little bit of life. I like the aggressive tactics with hits being at a premium.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
Nice work John no score after an inning and a half.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
Come on John, bear down and get out of this...
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
Lead off single, nothing comes of it... sigh. no score after one inning on the Southside.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
No one is in the chat??? Wow.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
Wow, that's gotta make you feel good to start out a game against the Yanks!
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)
The blurb in the Trib today didn't sound good, but also didn't provide any details.
-
May 15th "gas protest" nonsense
QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 16, 2007 -> 12:44 PM) Hallelujah. Can I get an amen? Seriously, I wish I could take public transportation. We are in what is becoming one of the top 5 metro areas in the country (I think it goes NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, and D/FW). We have NO public transportation except one teeny ass train that runs between Fort Worth and Dallas, and another smaller one that runs from the north Dallas suburbs to downtown Dallas. Big deal. If we had a really good infastructure, I'd use it. Unfortunately, I could either pay up the ass for a house that costs twice as much as mine, or I drive 25+ miles to work one way every day. I can afford the gas, but it sucks because it definitely costs more to just work then it did just 6 months ago. I take an hour and a half train ride each way everyday to work. Not only does it save my sanity from traffic on the Ryan, it saves me an incredible amount of money each month. The only thing I lose is sometime most days, but it is worth it to me.
-
ticket refund question
I've said it before, and I will say it again. The White Sox might have their bumps as an organization, but they do a lot to accomidate their fans. to Brooks and his staff.
-
No Fireworks?!?!?!?
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2007 -> 11:18 AM) Laugh, but I sat next to a German Sheppard on a flight a few weeks ago. He was a rescue dog, and allowed to fly in the cabin. Very well behaved. Probably better than most of the passengers
-
Soxtalk Softball Info
Hello ALL: Well the game is fast approaching, and its time to start getting to brass tacks. First of all, I have the confirmation responses in this thread, but I did send PMs to all of those who said they wanted to play, but did not respond in this thread. Basically we just want to confirm that you will indeed be at the game, so that we know we will have a full team to play with. Please either respond to the PM or confirm your intention to play again, just to cover our bases. Now for part two, this is going to be charity function, so we are going to ask for a $20 donation for those who are playing, which instead of going to Jason's personal season ticket fund, will be going to Windy City Sox fans, which will get it to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities. For those who are not playing, we would still love to have a donation from you to add to our own. For any donations please send them to jason@futuresox.com, and we will make sure they get to where they are going to be needed. This is a great opportunity to have some fun with fellow Sox fans, and also to support an incredible cause at the sametime. Even if you aren't playing, we'd love to have you guys come check out the game and cheer/jeer us on. Any questions or comments, just let me know!
-
May 15th "gas protest" nonsense
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 16, 2007 -> 11:06 AM) Ugh, I can't stand estimates like this, because they're so bloody misleading. The same thing happens with ANWR. They are incredibly misleading. If anything the estimates of oil, pretty much world-wide, have always proved way lower than the actually end up being. Heck I remember my third or forth grade textbook in science predicting that we would run out of oil by around the year 2000...
-
ticket refund question
It is worth a shot to try to contact the team and see if they will accomidate you. Usually they do try to make an effort to take care of people, so I would recommend it.
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 16, 2007 -> 10:52 AM) SPOILER: The Professor builds a radio out of two coconuts and signals the mainland! AHHHHHHHH Why did you spoil it???
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ May 16, 2007 -> 10:29 AM) PLEAAAAAAAASE NO SPOILERS FOR THESE LAST 2 EPISODES; typically I try to find info about each episode but for these last 2 i want no info whatsoever on the deaths and outcomes ^^^^^ No doubt. I don't want my viewing spoiled by even hints about the last two episodes.
-
May 15th "gas protest" nonsense
Supply side economics? I was told for the past 30 years that it doesn't exsist!
-
May 15th "gas protest" nonsense
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 15, 2007 -> 11:14 AM) The growth in demand of gas is not being controlled by only the price of gas. It's being controlled by growth in other places; i.e. if there is growth in the Chinese economy, that growth enables more people to afford vehicles and gasoline for those vehicles despite increasing prices, so the increased price is not enough to offset growth in demand fueled by growth in other industries. That doesn't matter. In the USA, the price is going up AND demand is going up at the sametime. That makes it an irrational market.
-
THIS DATE IN WHITE SOX HISTORY: MAY 16
Robin went to Oaklahoma State University
-
Build a Story with Lyrics
- 2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 15, 2007 -> 11:41 PM) You see your first mistake was going to mlbtraderumors.com your second mistake was believing a single word you read on the site. I guarantee you the White Sox pick up Uribe's option. There ain't a chance in hell they don't. He's an incredibly valuable ballplayer no matter what some people may think. He's well worth the $5M and KW knows this. Exactly. On the open market Juan is probably looking at the 6-7 million dollar range, for 3-4 years. - 2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread