Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
I believe this is what used to be known in the olden days as a pitching duel.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Extend the inning a little bit... run here.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
The pitchers are just rolling. 2-1 Sox after 5 fulling innings from the Toilet Bowl.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Keep rolling Mark!
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Sox with another quick inning.... Halfway home 2-1 Sox.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Buehrle sees almost as many pitches in his AB, as they whole team saw last inning.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Nice job for Mark, still 2-1 after 4 from the Garbage Dump
-
FutureSox Top 25: 20-16
QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:45 PM) I'm not a big fan of the list. To me, it seems like you guys rushed it to get it out ASAP... Now THAT is funny.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
2-1 Sox after 3.5 innings
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ May 18, 2007 -> 02:13 PM) LMAO. only about three feet short. Major league flashback.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
2-1 Sox after three innings of play from the Urinal
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
2-1 Sox going to the bottom of the 3rd
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
JD DOES YARD WORK 2-1 SOX!!!
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Where are all the chat fiends?
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Too bad AJ wasn't catching, he could have cold cocked him right before he touched home plate.
-
White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)
Hey, hey Toby Hall fits right in!
-
Ozzie
QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:37 PM) What ever happened to ignoring the annoying assclowns in the media? The media needs this more than the Sox do...
-
Social Security
QUOTE(jasonxctf @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:33 PM) if this program, itself creates a surplus then lets keep the surplus in a separate account and build it. if that means that Arkansas doesnt get $5 million to build a Museum honoring underwater basket weaving then so be it. therefore, either (a) taxes have to get raised to cover the costs of these projects or (B) these projects get eliminated. We aren't talking about 5 million dollars. In 2006 the social security fund ran a $181.3 billion surplus. That would take eliminating all of the US's education and transportation funding and still needing to find another $15 to $20 billion dollars. We are talking about something like 6-7% of the entire federal government budget. You aren't going to do that by eliminating little pork projects. What you are talking about would be closing entire sectors of government.
-
Phelps to protest Falwell's funeral
Ah, its refreshing when I see tolerance, love, and forgiveness being showing by "Christian" leaders, just like Christ wanted to see.
-
Social Security
QUOTE(jasonxctf @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:55 AM) why not start saving the surpluses we earn from now on? put those into some interest bearing account (if thats legal for the govt) and not touch it? maybe that would help buy us an additional few years before its a deficit building expense. It sounds great in principle, but where are you going to get a couple hundred billion dollars from to fund the programs that are currently being funded by this money? Yeah, you are either going to raise taxes, add to the debt, or cut benefits. QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:18 PM) Until the 60's, social security was separate from the general government fund. It was designed and sold to the general public that way when it was implemented. I don't remember which president was in the white house at the time, probably Johnson. However, there was certainly a democratic congress and they controlled the nation's pursestrings. They put the SS surplus into the general fund. Roosevelt implemented it, the 60's congress changed the rules. Major f***ing con job accomplished. There's your reason the SS system is on the verge of bankruptcy. The reason it is on the verge of collapse is because it is the nations biggest pyramid scheme. It works great as long as more and more people keep paying into it, once that stops, the pyramid collapses.
-
Ozzie
QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:05 PM) I agree with you there. I just don't know if Ozzie can maintain credibility with his players over the long haul. I think his 'buffoon" persona will catch up with him eventually. I don't think that persona exsists in the clubhouse. I think that is a public thing used to divert attention away from other, more important problems. QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:16 PM) Mike North shouldn't even have a license to be on the radio for the first part. Second off, if AJ was having a problem with not playing, he should have taken it up with Ozzie. I know AJ wants to play every day, but he's in no place to be talking to a low-life radio host like North about it on the air. Also, I really think the torn Labrum was something Toby already had. I in fact knew some people who had torn labrums, but were still able to play. I think in the ST, he aggravated it by that dive. I think he will be fine for the rest of the year. And it's not like AJ has a canon behind the plate either. A licence to be on the radio? HA!
-
Social Security
There are two solutions to the problem. Reduce benefits and/or increase taxes. That's it.
-
Ozzie
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:26 AM) You know what I meant. But let's rephrase: Ozzie protects his hardworking players. You don't even need the "good" He will stand up for the guys who are team-oriented hardworkers, no matter good or bad players.
-
Ozzie
QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:08 AM) You are probably right. In fact, it's only a matter of time unless Ozzie's smarter than I think is he is. Ozzie has to be smarter than most people give him credit for. You don't win a world series if you are a completely phsycopathic idiot especially with that team. Its not like had a team full of all-stars that won it.
-
A lot of Sox fans are morons.
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:15 AM) So far, you've labeled me as a moron, retarded, and that I deserved to be punched. And I am not the only one who sees it this way. Not makin' a lot of friends. I think he went to the George W Bush School for Media Relations. Wait until he takes AP Hunting with Friends with Professor Cheney.