Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 21, 2007 -> 07:54 AM) It certaintly enhances their chances. But its still a long shot. A lot of people like Edwards - particularly those who see only snippets, speeches and quotes. Edwards is one of the few candidates who consistently attempts a positive tone, even when he is making a snide reference to someone else. And he's got that my-daddy-was-a-coal-miner routine down pretty good. He has some Bill Clinton in him, and he's going to ride that Southern charm all the way to the station. He is the opposite of a Richardson or a McCain, who lack charisma and presence to a fault but who have some political legs to stand on. And as for Romney, I think he wins the GOP just because McCain has worn out his welcome among the GOP faithful, and Giuliani won't be palatable. Rudy is seen as far too liberal socially among the christian coalition types, and once his failings post-9/11 (and in his married life, and in his business dealings) come out, his name trade will turn 180 and become a chain around his ankle. That leaves Romney, who like Edwards, is trying hard to stick to a positive tone. Just seeing Edwards early positions and platforms, he is the conservatives dream candidate. He has seemingly invoked every sterotype that they throw out about the high tax, over-regulating liberals. I think even if Hillary wins the nomination, the Repubs will have a tougher time beating her, because of the sizable Clinton Machine that is running for her. Edwards has no such apparatus. I think the worst cases for the conservatives are Obama or Richardson winning the nomination. As for the Republician side, they all have huge drawbacks, but I think Guiliani is the most electable, because his positions seem to be the closest to mainstream Americans on most issues. Romney would be dead in the water, and McCain has a huge voting record, and siding with Bush to explain. I really think Fred Thompson jumps in here and wins this side.
  2. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 21, 2007 -> 09:30 PM) Hawk fanned the flames of the vendetta tonite. I could almost hear Jay typing in the 2nd inning when Hawk started talking about his column. The most ironic thing is that you know that Hawk reads his columns. He does, or how would he know what is being said about him/the Sox.
  3. This also could have been a message to the lockerroom for someone like Andy Sisco that the groundwork is laid for a trip to Charlotte.
  4. Congrats! BTW, they could have very well gotten the question off of reading the message boards... it happens.
  5. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 22, 2007 -> 12:28 AM) Geez, I know it goes against what all the soxtalk experts predicted as far as Erstad being horrible and worthless, but it shouldn't have to deter you so much from giving the guy a little credit when it's due. Don't worry, you're all still excellent baseball analysts. Now that's funny. And I noticed everyone avoided commenting on it... QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 22, 2007 -> 12:36 AM) Maybe alot of us are all a bit tired of the act of Hawk and DJs endless knob slobbering over an average CFer's every AB, putout, slide, baserunning, bowel movement?? He has had some success, I don't think you see any of us lamenting that. "God damn it!! I hate when Erstad does something that helps us win!! Stupid bastard, I hate him!!" Maybe if we were all saying that, it would be a different story. We're ALL happy with the things he is doing to help this team, even if we are stuck with him at leadoff instead of a more natural #2 spot. Perhaps we're all just a bit tired of having Sir Grinderist of the Center Fielders shoved down our throat incessantly by anyone associated with this White Sox organization? Could that be it? Nah, its because we all hate him. So maybe it isn't just Ozzie who should learn to ignore the media?
  6. Wow, #2. Hopefully he stays consistant.
  7. One thing worth considering, if the Sox really did want to try to keep Lopez, they could have transferred Pods to the 60 day DL to open up a roster spot.
  8. Sisco has to be the prime candidate to hit the bricks. He hasn't really done anything the Sox have asked of him. I would much rather see him sent back to Charlotte and work on his mechanics and secondary pitches versus just being used sporatically here anyway. I think in the long run, it will be for the best.
  9. I wonder why Kenny was trying to slip Lopez through waivers? So which pitcher who is not on the 40 man roster, is Kenny bringing up?
  10. Noon Saturday at Armour Park.
  11. So its OK to go tell people not to shop at Wal-Mart, but then it is still OK to do supply business with them? I don't get that. If they are evil, they are evil. http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=3194026&page=2
  12. The yuks just keep on coming... From the "That's so Gay ruling" thread QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 21, 2007 -> 11:02 AM) Just change the spelling of "gay" to "ghey" when you mean "that's stupid". In other words, turn it into a homophone!
  13. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 21, 2007 -> 12:37 PM) Man, three pages in and nobody answered my question! *sigh* That whole "if you thik she's ugly, post a picture of your...(whatever)" makes me chuckle. We are talking about personal opinions here, ya know? IMO she is VERY "blah". Doesn't mean she is to "you" though. Ya know, "ugly" people do get married because somebody finds them attractive. Again, personal tastes. I hate Mountain Dew, but a lot of people love it. Don't be pissed off when everyone starts posting pictures of their supermodel left-hands.
  14. So we were between 4 and 7 failures.
  15. QUOTE(klaus kinski @ May 21, 2007 -> 12:12 PM) If he's out a couple days put Mack at third and Tererro in LF. If DL-bring up Fields If Joe hits the DL, they don't have any choice but Fields. They have to find someone who can play over there everyday, and neither Ozuna nor Mackowiak can do that.
  16. southsider2k5 replied to daa84's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(JoeCredeYes @ May 21, 2007 -> 11:30 AM) How about the fact that the radio and tv announcers are employees of The Chicago White Sox. Mike North's salary at the Score had absolutely zero impact on John Rooney's contract negotiations. Actually they are not. The stations are the ones who technically hire, fire, and pay announcers.
  17. Reading that article, you have to feel for that 7 year old kid. What a life.
  18. I have to laugh at some of the sentiments in this thread and in general. I think its funny that everyone expects Ozzie to completely ignore what the media says and does, and yet they are constantly worried about what Cub fans are saying about the Sox.... Who gives a s***? If they had a clue about baseball, they wouldn't be Cub fans in the first place. Take your own advice and worry about the Sox... Who gives a damn what Cub fans have to say?
  19. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 21, 2007 -> 11:03 AM) He seriously gets paid for this because of your reaction. If people didnt care, he wouldnt get paid, its that simple. We all know he is an idiot. WINNER! /thread
  20. QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:27 PM) One other thing is that I am lucky enough to spend lots of time in ST in Tucson and have rented a condo out there 3 of the last 4 years because my job and schedule lets me do that at this point in my life. Lots of time on the back fields in late February and you hear things and learn things if you shut up and be polite and open your ears etc. There is a fallacy that Walker teaches hitters to pull everything and that is so far from reality, believe me or don't I don't much care but you are hearing the truth. He doesn't like to mess with the power hitters swings cause he and the other coaches feel these guys are vets and they know their swings. He is always saying "head down on the ball" "watch it all the way back" "up the middle hard" and I have seen him work with hitters on weight shift and such. He preaches about going up the middle but he has no illusions that these guys are spray hitters, they aren't, most are power guys. This was by far the most interesting post of the whole thread. It tells me that the problem isn't Walker, its the players that are not listening to him.
  21. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ May 21, 2007 -> 09:42 AM) Hey, I maybe French - but I ain't surrendering. At least not til we play Greenpeace. I don't blame you, Greenpeace fights dirty.
  22. The Sun Times is a borderline tabloid rag, which will say anything about anyone to sell a few more newspapers. Seriously, I don't know why anyone would waste fifty cents on that thing.
  23. QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:58 PM) As I've said before, I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with some of the posters here. Sure we all get frustrated when the Sox don't play well, but people were advocating Fire Sales and blowing the team up when they were playing over .500, only 3-4 games out of first in early May, even while most of the team was hitting way below their career norms. Unbelieveable. It's as if most of these people never went through an entire 162 game baseball season before. A lot of posters here are an embarassment to true Sox fans if other team's fans ever lurk here and read their whinning. There must be more French people here than just RexKickass, because I see an awful lot of surrendering going on...
  24. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 21, 2007 -> 09:22 AM) Masset isnt stretched out enough to go more than he did yesterday. I think we saw something else also Mike. Remember how many people were upset that Freddy and Bmac were traded because we didnt have a 6th starter waiting in the weeds in case of injury. Well everyone, Massett looks like he can step in. I really think we will sign Buerhle. I think Garland or Contreras is a goner. They have tried to trade Garland a few times and Contreras isnt getting younger. Yeah, there is no doubt our starting depth is better. The nice thing is that it means less pressure to get guys like Russell, Gonzalez, and Floyd to contribute too quickly.
  25. I know the din is building for Baldelli, but he sounds like Pods in regards to his injury problems.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.