Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. OK, I think the song is done at that point We'll start a new one here.... Picture yourself on a boat on a river
  2. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 29, 2007 -> 10:56 AM) Hey Mike, where's me and my umpire?! You had your eyes closed. I didn't notice it when I took the pic. Sorry.
  3. Eh, I find the opposite to be the case as I see it. New "scary" movies are incredibly boring. To me a bunch of gruesome killings doesn't make a movie scary, it makes a movie a snoozefest. Plus usually those types of movies have plotlines you could drive a tank through, which distracts me from anything that might be considered remotely scary anyway... Not to mention that there hasn't be a new "scary" movie made in years, as they are all just remakes or rip-offs of something else.
  4. This ought to be an interesting test of the new, tougher disipline rules. Will they actually step forward and give Vick a suspension of at least half of a season for this stuff? I hope so, otherwise its not worth a damn.
  5. QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 12:09 PM) Has he even tried to go more than one inning this year? And don't forget, he would have only been facing one batter in the 9th inning no matter what. Coming in and throwing 9 warm-up pitches and 6 pitches or so to Hunter is the same as warming up in between innings in the bullpen. I just think that Ozzie needs to do his best to get MacDougal and Aardsma more action in non-pressure situations in order to get their confidence up. At home you bring in Jenks, on the road you don't.
  6. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:56 AM) I guess I equate that trading with gambling. I'd go nuts looking at daily fluctuations, I could not imagine minute by minute. You are gutsier than I. Heck minute by minute would get you bankrupt. The stuff I deal with is tick to tick. Personally I have no money on the line, and don't plan on doing so. It is sort of like gambling, but there is lots of information out there that can make you a winner, unlike a casino where the house always has an edge.
  7. QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:57 AM) Sorry, meant to say 3b. You play to win the game (thanks Herman). If Jenks retires Hunter, then you have our 3-4-5 coming up, and the Twins have their bottom of the order coming up in the bottom of the inning. And then Jenks has to go a second inning, at least, and historically Jenks doesn't preform very well in that next inning.
  8. QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 28, 2007 -> 10:28 AM) FWIW, somebody with a grand total of two posts at WSI posted that he has "reliable" information that Day has been called up. Sounds pretty reliable to me
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I think Tex needs to check out this book. If you have any questions my 19 month old could help you out on manatees http://www.awionline.org/pubs/Quarterly/03-52-4/524p19.htm
  10. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:39 AM) That is interesting and perhaps a generational thing brought on by technology. I was raised to think of stocks as long term investments. Perhaps it would be different if I had life events where I knew I would need to sell. You young kids are so advanced I believe that stocks are a long term investment. But I have worked for nearly 10 years with traders and specialists, so my experience is in day trading type settings. It takes a whole different set of thinking for short term versus long term. One is trading, the other is investing.
  11. So out of curiousity, for those who want to see it, if Kenny Williams were to sell off all of the marketable older parts in the next couple of months, how many of you still be buying tickets to ballgames in September and into 2008? How many would wait for the team to recover and get good again before they went to games again? I know a few people's answers (Steff, I know you will be there), but I am curious to hear if those who are supporting a firesale would still support them team financially.
  12. QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:22 AM) Ahh posts like yours make me realize how many people just don't know the game that well and lots of them post on message boards. Here are the words you use: asinine, common sense, managing nonsense, acceptable. Do they teach you in Dekalb that all those words are subjective? Open to interpretation? Opinion based? It has nothing to do with loving Ozzie. Did I say that, did you read that? No. All I said was it was defended yesterday, at length. Doesn't mean that defense was 100% right, or 100% wrong. It was defended, you said it couldn't be defended. I told you that was incorrect. It's really simple, don't read into things that werent said. Now you may go back to your regularly scheduled looking for things to bash Guillen about. Very nice post
  13. We have a player just like this on our team right now... His name is AJ, remember the guy who spiked the MVP just because he could?
  14. QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 25, 2007 -> 03:37 PM) If you read more attentively, you'd notice that Dukes has not been confirmed as leaving the message. But, f*** it, he fits the black ghetto stereotype so we might as well just throw benefit of the doubt out the window. Funny, he didn't deny it... Plus its not like the guy has a history of abuse and violence or anything that might give a more accurate picture of someone being prone to violence, versus a lame ass attempt at the race card.
  15. I would only feel comfortable day trading, because that is what I have seen all of my career.
  16. I wonder if Alex still wants to remain in NY?
  17. Yesterday saw a record close in the SP 500, the first since 2000.
  18. I am just asking, because I believe it would still have been the right move to not charge him with anything. I was just curious how far people believe their freedom of speech goes.
  19. Happy Birthday and good luck on the impending wedding
  20. Yes Lisa, a magical animal...
  21. QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 07:42 PM) Should have traded Haeger during the offseason, as teams were actually interested in him. People interested? But Soxtalk kept telling me he was worthless because he is a knuckleballer...
  22. Out of curiousity, if this kid snaps and shoots a bunch of people in a couple of years, will they still feel that dropping the charges was the right thing to do?
  23. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 26, 2007 -> 05:53 PM) Another pedophile is caught *yawn*. Wake me up when there is some zombies or ninjas. Perhaps some samurai might make this "Teh liberal communist media is keeping us in the dark about a now unemployed ACLU worker from 2002 who was also a kiddie diddler!" hullabaloo a bit more interesting. Plenty of people who worked for plenty of different jobs and organizations have been busted being pedos. Why is this one going to be different and warrant front page coverage on every news outlet? Because the generally protect pedophiles? Its kind of like the Catholic church scandal, but without the scandal.
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 30, 2007 -> 11:43 AM) I am still amazed we care more about minimum wage jobs being taken by workers than about workers coming in and taking high paying skilled jobs, or middle class jobs heading over seas. We have this elaborate H1B program to bring in skilled labor, but ignore where there is a greater need in numbers. The flaw here from a legal standpoint is there isn't a system in place for legal immigration for workers making minimum wage like the H1B program. And the cost burden was too high to track these workers. The other problem is these workers are low skilled, have poor language skills, and are not likely to become peers with the middle class voters who dominate this country. Instead many live in a manner we can not comprehend. High density, extended family, making little, saving much. And Alpha Dog will become a migrant farm worker to take their place and encourage his kids to become janitors and yardmen What a great American you are Well I am glad to see you have stayed consistant with the racist attitude that American's are better than the rest of the world, but migrants are bad enough to work our lowest paying, hardest working jobs. I don't see what is wrong with having American's work tough jobs, but that is just me. For some people their skill set dictates that they would be best served picking fruit or digging a ditch. I don't know why you want to attach a stigma to that, because it is honest work. I know it HAS to be a black and white issue, because that's the way the filibuster, much like our electoral process, has to be, but in reality it doesn't... Anyway, I can't help but thinking if there are still 500,000 people a year willing to risk their lives to get here either by paying Coyotes or risking their own lives in the desert, how many more people would come here legally if given the opportunity? Also think about the laws of places like Mexico, which treat illegals way worse than the US does, pretty much holding them for bribes and/or ranson in some scenarios. How many people never migrate from Central and South America because of those laws who would like to come here? Now look at the wars and genocides in places like Africa... I just read the other day that there are two million refugees estimated in Sudan alone, who are displaced because of the janjaweed. How many of those people would love to have a job in the US? Staying in Africa, how many people have lost entire families from the scourges of AIDS or Malaria, or even famine, and would like to start over in the US. How about all of the Iraqi and Palestinian refugees? Do you think any of them would like to start over here? How about people escaping Shariah in parts of the world? Well anyway you get the point. We could easily find 12 million people around the world who want to work in the US. There are no shortage of people who want to come to the US and work here if we had the balls in institute a real immigration policy, instead of our historic plan consisting of getting here and hiding until the next Amnesty comes around. We need to set our immigration system within other countries so that we can review potential immigrants there to decide who best fits the US and its needs. People should be applying to come to the US at the embassy in their home country, not after risking their lives illegally to get here. That would also remove the geographic bias for those who are close to the US versus people who are half a world a way, but in reality could use the break of moving the US a lot more. Now before everyone starts screaming about cost, the illegals are costing us a lot of money just by being here. I read a Heritage Foundation study that estimated currently illegals cost the US taxpayers $20,000 per person, per year. I am sure that you believe this alone is reason enough to send home 12 million illegals, what with your strong convictions about balanced budgets and all. According to my calculations that would equal out to be about $240 billion per year, which would balance out our budget, problem solved, right? Well even if you are willing to swallow your budget morals in this case and say its OK to go into debt in this case, why not spend the money smarter? If we are willing to swallow $20k a person for illegals, wouldn't you rather spend that money for full US citizens, with all of the rights and privledges that go with that? Well in that case I just found you nearly a quarter trillion dollars a year that is already being spent by the US government to spend on this problem. People to re-fill the labor pool legally, check. Money to fund programs, check.
  25. Happy Belated Birthday old man

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.