Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:32 PM) Now lets see the first 07 RBI Josh! 2-1 Sox
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)
Now lets see the first 07 RBI Josh!
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)
Danks minimizes the damage, game tied at one after one inning of play.
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)
Wow nothing about the first inning run?
-
Deals I would try to make
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:55 AM) I'm telling you Billingsley and Betemit for Dye and _________ would be an absolutely ideal trade. A talented young starter to plug into the rotation next year at near league minimum salary and a power hitting 25 year old infielder to put at 2B (he homered again yesterday, up to 6 in ~100 AB) who is also a Pre-Arb player. A deal like that could set the Sox up for a good push next season. If scouts are really talking about Dye's bat speed being down that much, we would be lucky to get Betemit for that package, let alone a premier pitching prospect.
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:52 AM) Terrero is too much of a free swinger for that responsiblity. The prospect that screams number 2 hitter is Sweeney. The more I saw of Sweeney, the more he looks like he will be a future #2 or #9 hitter.
-
Freddy Garcia Thread
Garcia is claiming he wasn't hurt in 06, and this arm pain is new for an interview in today's Trib.
-
2007 MLB Catch-All Thread
So Michael Barrett got into it with another Cubs pitcher last night, and muffed the throw on the Seattle go ahead run...
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)
Terrero moving up in the line up... Anyone think he could make a reasonable shot at the #2 hitter with Iguchi leading off until the ambigiously injured duo makes a return?
-
Good Vibes Thread
QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:20 AM) PK's contract was great on so many levels. In this day and age, it is a bargain. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 11:34 AM) Magglio's backloaded contract kinda sucked. $3.75 million in 2001, and $14 million in 2004. He wasn't worth $14 million at the time and the Sox were screwed with compensation picks because there's no way they could guarantee him 80% of $14 million. That's kind of misleading because that contract spanned his arbit years into what would have been his first free agent years. It was representative of the marketplace when he signed it.
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)
Don't forget today is a noon start for getaway day...
-
Miscellaneous "MLB" Trade Notes
Dunn and Weathers could soon be Yankees... http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/6437
-
At this point...
QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 09:46 AM) I'd rather not watch. No one is forcing you...
-
Good Vibes Thread
Well I don't know if it means anything or not, but yesterday was the second straight day of no runs being allowed by the pen. 4 2/3 scoreless yesterday, plus two scoreless on Monday, and then the last 2/3's scoreless by Jenks on Sunday, that makes 7 1/3 straight scoreless innings by the bullpen.
-
Ken Griffey Jr heading to Atlanta?
QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 08:49 AM) It would be even we could unload Contreras before opening day 2008. I have my doubts that Ozzie would demote one of his vets from the starting rotation unless he was averaging 2 innings a start with a 7.00+ ERA. I could be a painful long while before we see a change but I hope you are right. I think a DL trip could be in his future... Like I said, I don't know anything, just speculating.
-
Hawk & DJ's Demeanor On-Air
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:20 PM) He was on deck in the 9th last night but Terrero ended the game before he could get to the plate and there was no sense in using him in a blowout today. I almost wonder if Ozzie is using the opportunity to rest a injury recurrance of Thome's...
-
At this point...
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:41 AM) I'll tell you one thing, as of right now Luis Terrero is my starting CF for 2008. I absolutely hated the guy during Spring Training and to start the year at Charlotte but he's really shown me something. He seems to be a pretty consistent power threat, I don't know about the rest of his offensive ability but it does seem that his power is real. He seems to play some great defense out in CF and he has an absolute cannon for an arm not to mention some decent speed. Power + Defense + Arm + Speed + League Minimum = starter for me. Of course now he'll go 0 for his next 27 or something just to prove me wrong. I don't know if it is a fluke or not, but the ball is just jumping off of his bat right now. His swing seems to be short and quick, and he has a plan at the plate. So far his route in CF look very solid, and he is getting a nice jump on the ball. He isn't going to set the world on fire, but if you upgrade an OF spot for 08, I have no problem giving this kid a shot at the other position (LF or CF).
-
Happy Birthday danman31
Happy Birthday Dan
-
TV's 'Mr. Wizard' Don Herbert dies at 89
some wizard he was, he couldn't even cheat death... RIP
-
Poreda to start in GF
Cool, lets get this ball rolling
-
Greater Middle East war about to happen?
I was curious what people thought about this stuff... -Hamas and Fatah are pretty much at war in the Gaza Strip. -Hezbollah and the Lebanonese government are pretty much at war. -The Sunnis and Shia are pretty much in a civil war, and the rebombing of the minarettes yesterday is going to really get that going again -The Turks went into Iraq to go after the Kurds -Iran is supplying at least weapons to the insurgency in Iraq -Iran has repeatedly seized boats outside of their territorial waters -Afganistani Taliban is still fighting the government, though the big attack has never really materialized like was promised -Pakistan's government is in a huge crisis as a chief justice is leading a popular movement against Musharef's group, with entire regions of the country out of government control. Are we looking at a middle eastern, or maybe bigger "world" war?
-
DEM Primaries/Candidates thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 03:12 PM) I've said this repeatedly... I think all of the candidates that have officially announced suck giant canal water. And NSS, you're right, none of them have a plan in their minds right now, except how to stay "popular" 18 months from a general election. (it's sick, actually). Funny you mention that, because for Obama that was the EXACT plan. http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/new...1&cset=true X
-
EU Carbon trade "set to fail"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6748031.stm
-
Justin Verlander
Congrats to Verlander
-
White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/12/07 (L)
QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 11:16 AM) I've been making a KILLING playing the white sox under this season 9-3-2 so far overall and I haven't lost once in June tonight I got it at 8.5. Last night's 9.5 was easy money. Ouch.