Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 06:38 AM) She's the late Molly Ivans of the right. I'm as Conservative as they come and I do nothing but roll my eyes at her. A very good comparision indeed, if you ask me.
  2. QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 04:14 PM) Yep, him and Tracey will likely be moved in a minor league deal shortly. The Trib also mentioned that the Sox might be shopping Knuckle Chuck too.
  3. We will regret dealing Boone Logan. We don't have the depth with lefty relievers to deal.
  4. QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 06:51 PM) Every time I try to read one of her articles, I just shake my head and I end up going to something else. I just don't get her Even more than I don't get her, is I don't get people who care what she thinks.
  5. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 02:39 PM) Johan had a good outing today: 3 IP 1 hit 3k's 1.80 ERA for the spring I'd take him as our 5th starter...
  6. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 02:21 PM) Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually think that it was good that Fitzgerald went after Libby, AND I think it was good that Starr went after Clinton. Any time one of our higher government officials lies under oath, they need to be nailed to a wall. Thank you. Seriously.
  7. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 02:10 PM) I'd be lucky to run this in about 60 minutes these days. Damn I can walk it in 45 minutes. I guess that comes from walking really fast when it is colder than the Cubs chances in September outside.
  8. So I finally did it. I signed up for the Chase corportate run May 24th. Anyone else doing this? Now I have to get back into some running shape. It'd be cool to get back down around 20 minutes, but I won't count on it.
  9. QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 01:49 PM) Out of curiosity, how many people watch the episodes more than once? I do. I tape them as we watch them, and we go back before the next episode airs.
  10. One note here... It is now pretty much illegal to restrain a patient in any way, unless there is a s***load of consents given, and even then, most places will not allow it, unless the patient is a danger to others or/and himself. Falling down is not a good enough reason to restrain someone. Short of having someone posted at the bed, there is not a damned thing you can do about it. This is a direct result of people suing nursing homes and hospitals for using restraints on people's loved ones.
  11. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 01:16 PM) That's Virginia, you stupid ass. You are sooooooo suspended for that completely unprovoked personal attack.
  12. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 01:07 PM) ::::::::::: 10-Day Forecast for Roanoke, TX (76262) Today Mar 8 Mostly Sunny 80°/55° 0% 0 % Fri Mar 9 Isolated T-Storms 75°/53° 30% 30 % Sat Mar 10 Partly Cloudy 81°/56° 10% 10 % Sun Mar 11 Scattered T-Storms 71°/48° 40% 40 % Mon Mar 12 Mostly Sunny 74°/47° 10% 10 % Tue Mar 13 Sunny 73°/53° 10% 10 % Wed Mar 14 Sunny 81°/56° 10% 10 % Thu Mar 15 Sunny 78°/50° 10% 10 % Fri Mar 16 Sunny 75°/49° 10% 10 % Sat Mar 17 Sunny 70°/49° 10% 10 % Don't make me come down there and show you why Roanoke was the lost colony...
  13. QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 01:00 PM) I like the idea of having three starting vets and a couple of kids that we develop, I just like Mark in there more than Vaz. Hopefully we'll find a way to get Mark done, but I don't think so. I am not sure what to think to be honest. Bruce Levine made it sound like they shouldn't be too far apart in their numbers, but both the Trib and ST quoted the infamous anonymous sources as saying they were no where near each other. If the offer from Mark's camp is indeed 4/52, I think a deal will get done. If Mark is using Barry Zito's deal as a serious basis for his negotiations, they are not going to have a chance in hell of getting a deal done, because he is going to be looking for at least 5 years, and something over $15 million a year. I think most everyone would rather have Mark locked up long term, but there are budgetary things to be considered. The fact of the matter is that Vazquez came to the Sox with an offer that was undermarket value for both years and dollars, by a ton, and Mark Buehrle has not. Who knows where Buehrle's camp is asking right now? I would really like to hear a firm wisper before I trash anyone on either side for this.
  14. Did anyone notice the forecast is showing 50's over the weekend, and maybe even 60 by Tuesday? Its been so long, I almost don't know how to behave.
  15. QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 12:49 PM) My point is that the dude sees the logic in paying Vazquez $11M when Vazquez has been literally all over the map statistically over the past 5 years, but the ace of our staff has one bad 10 decision stretch and suddenly we're questioning his basic ability. It's bonkers. In my opinion, rookies could be groomed to do what Vazquez does at far cheaper for 09 and 10. We have Vazquez for 07 already locked up. 08 would be the only real question mark, and if had Mark in my opinion it would really not be. And actually even better than that, if we have people we feel are capable of giving us a Vazquez type preformance, that contract is EXTREMELY tradable on the open market right now. The contract and length are just long enough to give a team security of knowing he will be around, without being one of the idiotic Meche for 5 years type deals. This is literally the best of both worlds, and really opens up options for us, instead of forcing us to either sign someone else for a more expensive contract, overpay in a trade, or throw someone to the wolves who isn't ready.
  16. This is last year for the BTT in Chicago for at least a long time
  17. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 10:56 AM) He was downright spent last year. I have already liked what i saw this year. I believe his fastball avg speed last year was the second or third slowest in the league at about 84 mph. The lack of difference between his fastball and his change, is what killed him. If he is back sitting around 90 with his heat, he is going to be spectacular.
  18. "Managers on the Hot Seat" hosted by General Managers without a seat.
  19. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 10:38 AM) A 91 MPH fastball in spring training was all I needed to see. I have full faith in Buehrle being the guy we all have known and loved as Sox fans and not the guy that was absolutely downright abysmal over the 2nd half of last season. MB was hitting 91 on the gun? Let me be the first to say this... 20 wins. Book it.
  20. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 10:31 AM) I am certain this was in jest, and not to flame, but maybe we should be trying for a higher standard instead of "he did it, so I can too"? Let's stop the downward spiral to the least common denominator and push for something we can be proud of? So far it's been a mixed bag from the Dems. I'm disappointed in some of the things they have done. And when they do screw up, I'm sending off emails quickly reminding them to take the higher road. When a key element of your platform is that you are going to run the cleanest and most ethical Congress ever, you probably should know when to STFU. You are also going to open yourself up to additional scrutiny when you stand on holier than thou grounds. And it hasn't been a "mixed bag" its been business as usual, just like I said it would be. Nothing has changed, and it isn't going to, on matter what gets shoved down my throat. If these people don't like being called a hypocrite, they shouldn't act like one.
  21. QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 09:21 AM) The over-hyped, over-sensationalized view of medical malpractice is hysterical. Personally I say let's blame the judges/jury's for handing out the ridiculous awards. I'm all for a cap, but let's not go crazy. We have to keep doctors in check or the standards would drop. Threatening them with a loss of their license and heavy fines/lawsuits is the most effective way of doing this, IMO. It sounds lame, but there are lots of people that get really messed up by the poor decisions of doctors and should be able to recover something for their loss. It's easy to say 'let's stop the needless med malpractice claims,' but try telling someone that their problem isn't severe enough to warrant a lawsuit. Let's not blame the doctors who don't do their job correctly. Let's blame the lawyers for exposing those problems and helping victims recover for their loss... The key word is "excessive". We have to prevent the excessive stuff, which distorts the rest of the system. Its just like in sports where one stupid contract distorts the payout system for the rest of the league.
  22. Maybe Bush should have just fired all of the DA's like the all Great and Mighty Bill Clinton? http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZmM...zFjYTRmYTlhNzk=
  23. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 04:55 PM) A torn ACL is usually around a 12 month recovery time right? It depends on the severity, the athlete, and the sex. Females take longer than males.
  24. QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 05:53 PM) In a couple of years, Josh Fields is going to make everyone say to themselves... Joe who? Josh Fields may well be good, but it won't be for a while. He has way too many holes to be big right away. He is going to have about a 3 year learning curve, if I had to bet on it.
  25. Its Buehrle unless he signs a deal before April 1st.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.