Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:54 AM) Am I the only one that finds it odd that an American Idol reject and winner of Best SUPPORTING Actress gets an official day from the city, including the need to close down streets? Maybe this is to show the Olympic people we can throw a party, but this feels like we are welcoming home someone to Dirtbox, KY, not Chicago. I think you are making a mountian out of a molehill. Chicago does this kind of stuff a lot. Heck, you could get a street named after you if you have enough money.
  2. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...down/article.do
  3. Oh and here is a great example of exactly what I was talking about in how people who say ignorant things are treated. Aparently Bill Maher wrote something to the effect of it was too bad the Taliban didn't succeed in their attempt to assassinate Dick Cheney, and I am still waiting to see someone using this as a fundraising opportunity, or try make candidates denounce the statements on the Democratic side. Double standard? No way, of course it is a joke when Maher said it, but not when Coulter said something stupid. If you ask me, they are both ignorant, and deserve to be beaten up in public, but its only happening in one case...
  4. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 07:18 AM) Well if the Giants wanted to sign/negotiate a contract with him and the Bears didn't want to match then the bears would receive two 1st rounders. So the bears do have some leverage, but that is still a pretty good offer to have if it is in fact true. Its not much leverage because the entire world knows that no one is going to sign Briggs and give up two first round picks. It never happens. I honestly don't know if it has ever actually happened.
  5. QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 10:17 PM) I found this post on several conservative blogs tonight. I bet we would never see something similar coming from Koz and such condemning Maher. I am glad to see one theme emerging here... The vast majority of conservatives have had the guts and the decency to call a spade a spade here, and denounce Coulter for the attention whore that she really is, instead of making excuses to cover up the behavior. It wasn't just a "joke", it was a pathetic attempt for attention. I hate when someone tries to use the "it was just a joke" crap when they get busted. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 11:11 PM) So today alone, I heard clips of BOTH Illinois senators making fools of themselves. Dick (what a fitting first name) Durbin compares our troops to the Nazi's, and the great Barack Obama talks in Selma, Alabama on the 42nd anniversary of the march, saying that without that march it wouldn't have been possible for his parents to have married or thus, him to exist. Too bad a novice like me even knows Selma took place in 1965 and Obama was born in 1961. I'm embarassed to be from this state when I hear those 2 extremist fools yap. I am sure the excuses are already out there for what he "really meant".
  6. Molto(25), Flash Tizzle(22),
  7. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 07:09 PM) I just read it. Briggs for the Giants 1st 2nd and 5th rounder. That can't be true, because if it was, he would be wearing a Giants uniform as we speak.
  8. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 02:49 PM) The second I saw McHale atop that list yesterday I stopped reading. I saw the brief in in the Trib, and completely ignored the article the rest of the day.
  9. I'd like to file this one under, "when do the Senate hearings begin?" So company A is about to takeover their market as the leading producer in the world.. They have reported ever higher record profits in 16 straight quarters. Their market capitalization as of May 2006 is higher than the GDP of South Africa. They also receive a $3000-$12000 cost advantage because of their governments manipulation of their currency. Yet they are looking to cut $300,000,000 million over 5 years in employee compensation, while making a billion dollars a month in profit. Meanwhile their government still subsidized their R&D so that they don't have to do so. I am just curious Toyota is a hero and the oil companies are villians?
  10. I wonder if the whole league combined has as many posts as I do
  11. So how do you fight someone using slurs against you in your campaign? You use to to raise some "Coulter Cash"! I love how this is an outrage, but not big enough to stop Edwards from whoring it out to raise a quick $100K. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17458248/
  12. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Oh good god no.
  13. I am still shocked that people seem to be hearing this for the first time. Maybe its having a Dad for vet, but this stuff has been around for years. Now the rest of the stories are starting to hit the media as well. Its sad, but veterans in this country get treated like crap, and have for a long time, by tons of different groups. Hopefully this starts to turn the tide. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0401394_pf.html
  14. I am still shocked that people seem to be hearing this for the first time. Maybe its having a Dad for vet, but this stuff has been around for years. Now the rest of the stories are starting to hit the media as well. Its sad, but veterans in this country get treated like crap, and have for a long time, by tons of different groups. Hopefully this starts to turn the tide. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0401394_pf.html
  15. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 09:14 AM) In a trade that most would agree was for unequal value at that. Plus the big difference would be that Neal didn't say a word when he got traded. I am sure if he piped up, we would have gotten the dish on him as well.
  16. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:10 PM) I'd just like to add...I'm impressed. Thanks Today will be an interesting one. As goes Monday, goes the week. So far things are looking good as the US markets are bucking big down days in Japan (-4%) and Europe (-2%) and are in positive territory. To the naked eye, it looks like we have drawn the line in the sand at 12000.
  17. QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 01:42 AM) I thought it was a great episode. I feel like episode 10 and episode 8 of season 3 are the best the show has made. Good point, I had never thought about... You view the show differently when you think of it as a week to week thing, or if you view it as one continual thing.
  18. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 05:16 PM) Funny, BA didnt go out nearly as much as Cotts and some others, but yeah that must be it. Neal Cotts got traded to the Cubs FWIW...
  19. That was really easy. Seriously.
  20. Even more than I don't care about the Oscars, is how much I don't care about what someone thinks of the Oscars.
  21. He's just being honest. No one should be upset with him for saying what he thinks when people ask him a question
  22. Tex you don't need (or want) our answers, thoughts, or ideas. You have your mind made up and filled with stereotypes. You have had no desire to debate anything, instead you have pulled out the worse of every commment and used it in the worst possible light. I know you are trying to bait someone into continuing the stuff that was going on before, but it just isn't worth it. I personally have no desire to have anything I say taken and blown into the worst thing possible, all of the while sitting back and nitpicking it to death. There is no "discussion" possible without respect for an opinion different than your own. I tried explaining my opinion 10 different ways to get around the insane interpretations you were making it of, but it just got worse and worse the longer I tried to explain anything to you. To be honest, I don't know that I have ever seen the blood in the water mentality that I saw surrounding this, except for a very few other times on here. It just isn't worth wasting my time and energy discussing something that will get absolutely no where good, and only serve to make me question things on a personal level instead of an issue level. This house has been burned to the ground, no matter how much gasoline you try to pour on it.
  23. It makes total sense to me, the Sox are slashing payroll and keeping all of the money, so they go after the highest paid player in baseball history http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...ex.html?cnn=yes And I'll bet I know who said this...
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 01:20 PM) Well I asked some serious questions regarding what direction the GOP sees in the environment. How happy they are and who are the conservative leaders on the environment. I guess there is some value to conservatives to try and build parallels to Child Molesting Priests and Al Gore Just make sure to not drink the Kool Aid, and don't ask quesitons.
  25. Hopefully the guy is successful

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.