Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
CBS 2: 6 other Illini knew of accident, none called 911
This has just gotten so sad.
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 10:26 AM) but after the season premiere we already KNEW they have backyards, their own little suburb in the jungle. That's nothing new. i think alot of people are upset because they have been listening all week to the promos saying they are going to answer three big questions and the only one they really answered was about Jack's tattoos and honestly.....that wasn't a really big question. Yeah it was disappointing based on the teasers, but I try not to pay too much attention to that, because I don't want it to color my viewing. Like I said, I could have done with out Jack's getting his groove back in Phuket, but other than that I enjoyed it. The other thing I did like was the inevitable fracturing between Sawyer and Kate. They are both so self-absorbed and self-destructive, you know nothing between them can last.
-
Transportation Warning for all Sox Fans
Thanks for the info
-
Lovie's Agent:
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 09:23 AM) I haven't seen the numbers, would there offer put him in the top 16? That would be above market. If he is trying to go from worst to first, that may be tougher. Market value is directly related to your resume. A guy who is NFL coach of the Year and takes his team to a Super Bowl is worth more than a guy getting his first NFL coaching job. Petrino is taking over Atlanta with zero NFL headcoaching experience and is getting just under $5 million a year for 5 years. Lovie should be getting way more than a guy who hasn't proven anything.
-
Obama Watch
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 09:17 AM) As long as all labor laws are followed, I don't see the problem. Have you ever asked friends and relatives to let you know about openings? Isn't that what networking is all about? So if you and a real Texan applied to be life guard at South Padre Island, and despite having equal credentials to that Texan, you would have no problem with the Texan getting the job, simply because you were born in Illinois?
-
Lovie's Agent:
People want to call the White Sox cheap, or even the Blackhawks, but IMO the Bears take the cake. There is zero reason to be trying to pay a Super Bowl/Coach of the Year guy under market value. Plus its not just under market value, its millions of dollars per year low.
-
American Idol
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 09:12 AM) What's this catfight reference? Is that a movie? Some youtube video of a chick fight? Its the band a girl from the Chicago Burbs on American Idol is in.
-
Obama Watch
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 09:08 AM) If Bob joins a Church in an predominately Irish neighborhood whose members have joined together to help fellow Irish immigrants find work, educational opportunities, a positive social life, a connection with his Irish roots, and ask him in return to give back to that community, are they racist? How is that a bad thing? What about the non-Irish poor people who can't find work because the Irish are keeping all of the jobs between their own group?
-
Obama Watch
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:18 AM) Hug a Cub fan. America is not a melting pot, it is a fruit salad. The whole is better for the individual parts. Different communities have different needs, I don't have a problem with ministering to those special needs. Just because there isn't signs and credos doesn't mean there are no "Whites Only" organizations. I'm probably being idealistic when I say something like that, but I think the road to hell is paved with good intentions. There are unintended consequences when it comes to everything. I do understand the need that people have to help like minded groups, and I can't imagine taking that away from people. Now that being said, I do think that the good these groups do is undermined by these unintended consequences. Many organizations are settting themselves up as a "separate but equal" format, without even realizing they are doing it. In reality many studies have been done to indicate that while race, sex, etc type gaps still exsist, you chances in life are much more handicapped by being born poor, versus any other factor. Your young age socioeconomic status is the truest indicator of your future life. Why no NAAPP? Because it wouldn't get attention.
-
Religious argument leads to cabbie-rage.
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:43 AM) Hey Now! My implication was that Ms. Sarandon is past her "best if enjoyed by" date, not this Fella. I, of course, am timeless, ageless, and always ready for action. I'll have you know when I picked out my handle a few years ago, I nearly went with FlaSoxxJesseOrosco. . . Damn, looking back I feel kinda bad. In two replies I just called your manhood into doubt, and insinuated your wife might whack you in your sleep. Hmm, with a run like that, maybe I should see if I can get a job working for the White Sox?
-
American Idol
The catfight girl was in the second tier of preformers IMO. She couldn't touch the top people, but definately wasn't as bad as some. I would call her on the bubble.
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:35 AM) Maybe I am looking for too many things in the background, but for some reason, I think the "sheriff" woman was one of the women Sawyer took advantage of and stole her money. I thought I had seen her on a previous episdode, but I might be thinking of something else. As for Jack's flashback, when they said they were in Phuket, I thought he was going to be there just before the Tsunami hit. Again, I might be reading way to much into it. He couldn't have been there for the tsunami. Remember Ben had to show Jack a video of the Red Sox winning the World Series, which would have been October of 2004, because Jack was already stranded on the island. The tsunami occured Dec 26, 2004, which in the shows "time", might not actually have happened yet. Interesting call on the "sheriff". I can't remember if I have seen here before, but weren't all of Sawyers marks pretty decent looking?
-
Obama Watch
See I really believe the these things runs both ways. If you really want to breakdown barriers, you need to stop making distinctions for both good things and bad things. The more walls you put up, even with good intentions, the more you separate people.
-
Former Sox Player Awaits HoF Veteran's Committee
I think Santo belongs based on the numbers he produced in the era he played.
-
LOST! thread
Meh, wasn't a great episode, and Jack's side story was kind of pointless. All of that to tell us what his tatoo meant? We pretty much got the gist of that from the flashbacks with his dad. I really want to know what exactly it means to be "marked" besides the obvious charring of flesh. Does Juliet get outcast now? Is she somekind of undesirable? Or does she just get the burn, and that is all? Plus there was some interesting wordplay at the very end, while subtle, could end up screwing Jack and Juliet in the end. Remember Ben said that they could go "home" if they complied with his respective wishes, right? Well it was interesting that they made a point of mentioning that Ben calls the place that they are moving back to "home". Also who exactly is the new chick, and if she doesn't reside on the Island, why is she still listening to what Ben saids?
-
Religious argument leads to cabbie-rage.
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 11:39 PM) Back in the day. . . Mmmm, you betcha I would have brung the Heater and announced my presence with Authoritaay. Today it is more like unleashing the knuckler and hoping it catches a breeze to help it to the plate.
-
Bill to improve conditions at Military Hospitals
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 07:10 AM) Whenever government run health care is debated, nay sayers point to the conditions in military hospitals as proof the government can not run a health system. So the issue has been around for a very long time. One reason our country has gotten stronger through the years is fixing things when the public* gets excited. This may very well be one of those times. *I can't type public without hearing Ron White With a Dad who is a 20% disabled Vietnam vet, I can attest to the 3 year waiting list for knee replacement surgery, and other insane delays.
-
Nichols Affidavit: McVeigh had FBI Help
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 07:11 AM) Great point. Of course you are probably an FBI plant. Don't make me send out the black helicopters Oh s*** I mean don't make me send out the black helicopters
-
Zambrano Contract
I found the kicker that made Big Z sign this deal... $2 million in incentives. Now it makes more sense.
-
Roomba
Nah, there is a better chance it would be your wife after living with you all of those years... Sleep well
-
Nichols Affidavit: McVeigh had FBI Help
Yes the US government is smart enough to pull of 9-11, bomb the OKC federal building, hide aliens, and make George W Bush the President, but they can't plant a couple of WMDs in Iraq for people to "find".
-
Britney Spears Shaves Head, Gets Tattoos
QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 04:59 PM) I felt old when I realized Kurt Cobain would have been 40 Monday. Here's how I related that factoid to this thread. Knowing Britney is 25, will she live a longer life than Cobain's 27? There isn't a doubt in my mind. As Billy Joel said, "Only the good die young"
-
February Quotes
From the SouthsideIrish Parade thread, the best use of another posters name QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 10:56 PM) Wow, how many posters get a parade named after them? Is there a Ss2k5 parade scheduled for next week in Michigan City?
-
American Idol
Seriously you could keep 10 girls and 2 guys, and that would be about right. There were only a couple of girls that deserved to go right off of the bat, while the majority of guys just sucked. I will say that about 3-4 of the girls, Melinda and Lakisha the leaders, are way above anyone else.
- For GOP only