Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://monkeydaynews.blogspot.com/2007/02/...ion-of-big.html
  2. QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 11:41 AM) If I preferred cold weather, I'd hate myself. Don't worry we don't care what weather you perfer, we hate you all of the same
  3. QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 10:40 AM) Agreed. Alex is Roussaeu's kid (who is coming back soon btw in a couple episodes) and I'm betting Ben (or even Jacob) has adopted her. I thought last nights episode was everything I love and hate about Lost. I loved being on the edge of my seat and being surprised/wow'd (that guy being hit by the bus was awesome...thought he'd be killed, but didn't expect it in that way and at that time). But I hate the long ass commercials and I'm growing tired of the Jack/Kate/Sawyer story. At least next week we'll see the more interesting characters. All and all a great episode that didn't let me down. The whole "hit by a bus" thing was just awesome. It gave me chills when it happened.
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 10:13 AM) Hassert received the same benefit. This started after 9/11 based on succession. Well sort of. Except she wants a bigger plane, and some reports have said, which she now denies FWIW, that she wanted to take her whole posse on the plane with her. The plane Hastert had use of sat 10, the one Nancy wants seats 45 and costs $22,000 to operate. Call it about a 5 hour flight each way, and you are looking at $220,000 a week for Nancy and company to fly home and back. That's a helluva way to cut the deficit, huh? I figured you as the balanced budget hawk would be a little more upset about this.
  5. This is a great series from Slate, exploring if Barack Obama is indeed the Messiah or not... http://www.slate.com/id/2158578/?nav/navoa/ http://www.slate.com/id/2159132/?nav=navoa http://www.slate.com/id/2159260/fr/rss/
  6. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:07 PM) did anyone see PTI? they said some people were speculating that Zook must be doing some under the table stuff to get recruits and it seemed to come out of nowhere QUOTE(DJ Manlove @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:15 PM) Did they mention the piece from the NY Times? That article implied the same thing. The samething is in the Chi Trib today... I guess that is karma paying back for all of the accusations made during the Gordon fiasco.
  7. I made it as far as Weablos (sp?) before I got bored with it.
  8. adding up the rest over the winter, with the impending free agency, and the new workout program that has been talked about, I am going to go with Mark Buehrle.
  9. I enjoyed the episode. Of course as usual it opened more questions while simultaniously answering others. The interesting thing was finding out that Alex was Ben's kid. That begs the question, is Ben the leader who is impregnating lots of women, for whatever reason, or was it a consentual thing? Also it will be interesting to see what happens now with Juliet (will she get off the Island?) Could Jack be her replacement as the new Doctor? Will Ben survive the surgery/tumor? Will the "others" go back after Kate/Sawyer and Carl? Damn, I still love this show.
  10. QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 06:52 AM) I backed off a lot when it got a little too heated. Now I just jump in, take a jab, and jump back out. There are more important things in my life now than arguing on an internet forum. HE'S A COMMIE!!!
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 04:34 AM) I thought he was every year. He is. Gotta love "life" in prision as a sentence.
  12. I like how they put Bud's phone number in there
  13. Odds are nothing but a function of how much money is getting put on each team. All this saids is that there are a lot of optimistic Cub fans out there.
  14. QUOTE(bad at best @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 05:51 PM) I'd like to amend your prediction: Brian Anderson will also cure cancer and negotiate a long-term peace agreament forthe Middle East; on his offdays. If he was really talented he would come up with a cure for Ozzie's Latino Tourette's Disorder, which affects one out of every 30 MLB managers. Maybe with your help we can find a cure? Won't you help us?
  15. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 03:34 PM) First of all, we've heard it before dude, and it's already been discussed. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56373 Secondly, you name 2 players as to why this season is going to suck and why the offseason was bad. Completely disregard the amount of depth brought in to the bullpen - proven or not - and the amount of pitching brought in that will be ready for the future. And, finally, may I ask...what did the other teams in the division do to improve themselves? The Tigers added Gary Sheffield, the Indians added 200 years of experience in their bullpen and a couple solid OFers, and the Twins added Ramon Ortiz and Sidney Ponson. Maybe it's just me, but I'll take the Sox offseason over their's. But maybe that's just me. Personally I liked the part where he talked about how he predicted 105 wins in 2006, and called me out on my 06 prediction, and then ran away when I showed it to him.
  16. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 10:02 PM) I think the Sisco deal will turn out to be one of the steals of the year. I hope Kenny knows what he's talking about as far as Masset goes. Just a tick under Bobby Jenks? 3 quality pitches? It's hard not to get excited when you hear stuff like that. I don't think Sisco will be a steal this year. Hopefully they do things right and send him to Charlotte as a starter, and get his development back on track. The kid will be much more valuable in 08/09 as a starter, than in 07 as a middle reliever. I do get a great feeling about the Sisco deal.
  17. Goldman Sachs predicts a 3 percentage point recession if the tax cuts are allowed to expire, absent movements by the fed. Factoring in a 250 bps move by the fed to revive the economy, they still would figure a small recession or stagnation. http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=020607C
  18. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 01:27 PM) I'm still trying to figure out why Prince covered a Foo Fighters song in front of a hundred million viewers. Foo Fighters aparently covered a Prince song a while back as a tribute.
  19. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 01:03 PM) Done. Well played
  20. I know the easy thing will be to argue the results on a game by game basis, but that wasn't what this off-season was about. I liked the fact that Kenny and the staff recognized the shift in the finances of baseball, and made moves to counter that. I still question the Brandon McCarthy deal, but at the sametime, I do get the logic behind it. It will be really interesting to see how this new batch of arms pans out. For some reason it seems we can't scout HS and college arms to save our lives, but for some reason once they hit the minors, all of the sudden we know what we are doing. Think of the "minor" deals we have made over the years, and how they have turned out. Personally I think the Sisco for Gload deal is the one we will be doing backflips over by 2009 or so.
  21. 16-10 for the cold. I gotta say, I am surprised the poll has gone this way.
  22. QUOTE(ptatc @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 12:13 PM) When you look at the budget you need to remember how revenue is generated. Yes, attandance increased but the windfall from the playoffs from the previous year was not there. The clubs make a great deal of money from the playoffs. The players are paid during the regular season. Playoff money is pure profit. So while the actual budget didn't change, the increased attendance allowed it to stay flat without the playoff windfall. The club did use the money from attendance to do this so it should not tick you off. Great post. I am actually looking forward to this years Forbes #s for MLB to see what the revenue stream actually looked like when compared to last year.
  23. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 10:22 AM) Tonight finally ends the audition portion of the show. I do laugh at everyone that tries to go through the wrong door. I don't know why, it's so dumb, but I crack up anyways. I liked the guy who was told no and then said he is going to make a big scene for the cameras and started yelling at the judges. YOu mean the guy who didn't get tough until after he left the room, then he started yelling like a badass?
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:41 AM) BTW, has anyone lived in both extremes? I lived around Houston for 3 years and two summers, plus up here for the rest of my life. As for me, give me the Houston summers, over the Chicago winters anyday, and twice on Sunday's.
  25. And death is not an option...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.