Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Today is D-Day for Nuke. I am going to go ahead and close the thread and leave this for him to post in. Any questions, comments, or anything else can be directed to the other thread, or to Nuke himself through PM or email.
  2. The old saying is about running government like a business, but we have really yet to see that in reality. Why doesn't the government actually offer incentives to people to cut waste, and actually rein in budgets instead of making sure they spend every dime, to make sure that their budgets don't get cut. This is my whole pet peeve about government being the answer to everything, and those who think government spending is better than private sector spending... Waste. The government wastes sooooo much money because there is no incentive to stay slim, that any gains there are from directed spending, are lost by the sheer ineffeciencies of the government. Then when I see people like John Edwards talking about raising taxes, to pay for more wasteful goverment programs, I cringe.
  3. And a special 21 shot salute for Addy
  4. QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 01:47 PM) sorry if i took your job boss!! hey im at 3000!!!! nice Hey there is plenty of room on the welcome wagon!
  5. QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 01:34 PM) Welcome to soxtalk ^^^
  6. Interesting to see both Malone and Honel on there. I would guess both of them open in Birmingham... no?
  7. QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 11:52 AM) Classy Organization? I guess when you win a super bowl, you kind of forget that the same organization packed up and moved to a new town in the middle of the night. I guess you will be changing your favorite baseball team, right? JR pretty much blackmailed the state of IL into building his new stadium under the threat of them to the then Suncoast Dome in Tampa Bay. By all means they should be playing there today, if it hadn't have been for Governor Thompson litterally turning back the clock so that the bill financing the New Comiskey Park could be passed before the Sox deadline they had given to the state.
  8. Ralph Nader is considering (yet) a(nother) run for President. http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/
  9. southsider2k5 replied to southsider2k5's topic in SLaM
    Glad to hear everyone is OK down your way at least. As for the looters, I guess you can call it the 98% rule. 98% of people are good people, it is the other 2% you have to watch out for.
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:31 PM) The Doritos one was pretty good for being fan made. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:59 PM) My favorite was the blockbuster one where they had the rabbit and the guinnie pig using the mouse. They are pushing on the mouses back and he is squeaking(its not working, try dragging it the mouse speaks more, then they figure they need to plug it in). QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 11:09 PM) i don't think there were any great ones this year though one i liked was the Snickers commercial with the two guys taht almost kiss....then they do something 'manly' and start ripping out chest hair. That got the biggest chuckle out of me....but then again it was a down year overall. Those were my favs.
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 08:57 AM) If I comment this is me--> Add in some of this too QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 09:19 AM) It's currently 11 below in Streamwood, that's 9:20 with full sun and not taking into effect wind, 11 below. This is completely out of control. Windchills made it feel like 30 below zero. God I hate winter.
  12. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    I saw you posting the other day, I take it you guys survived God's latest fastball at your head? That storm looked terrible from the sounds of it.
  13. 2 MORE DAYS!!!!
  14. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 07:59 AM) I made the same pledge about Taco Hell and havent eaten their stuff; although i do love me some white castle! I haven't touched Taco Hell since their e-coli problems. :puke
  15. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:53 PM) Yikes... Peggy Kusinski water logged is not a pretty sight. What's up with the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen on channel 5..? Apparently none of the morons calling in with comments are Sox fans as I have seen at least a dozen times sic "Chicago teams always choke". INteresting fact. Before last night, when a Chicago team has made an appearence in a championship, they had won 7 straight times, and 8 of the last 9 dating back to the Bears in 86.
  16. Welcome to Soxtalk
  17. From the Cocaine thread QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 04:01 PM) Ive never tried it but everyone I know that has claimed they didnt like the actual coke....they just LOVED the way it smelled.
  18. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 07:30 AM) Thank you. You can PM me if you don't want to post it publicly. Me too
  19. It was 10 BELOW zero when I left today.
  20. I am going to open this up for long enough for some well wishes. Be safe Nuke. You gotta a lotta people here praying for the best
  21. If he is that good, he won't get to us anyway.
  22. QUOTE(Scwible @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 01:08 PM) For the sake of the slow like me, why were they going to have to close again? Their lease was up, and the owner of the building was kicking them out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.