Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Please do not bring Sexy back...
  2. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 07:21 AM) I was just reading one article that pointed out that both companies are losing money. that should work in there favor. They will have problems with the whole monopoly, no competition thing though. I am sure if they agreed to the merger, they know something we don't. I doubt they would put this much time and money into something, without reasonable expectations of it success. Damn, I think I just described the 2006 Cubs season in a nutshell!
  3. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Ah, you know your getting old when your name has gone from being an actual arguement to "duh?" Happy Birthday
  4. Here is your chance to amaze and impress your friends. The main prediction we want to see is what the White Sox record will be, and where they will finish in the AL Central, and further if you feel so. Feel free to add in any other predictions such as Konerko SBs and Ozuna HRs that you feel are pertinent.
  5. There is only one problem with this merger... both companies have it written into their licences that they can't merge with the other company. I don't know how they plan on getting around that, but its there.
  6. And in a nutshell, this thread is exactly why I don't want to see a retread canditate on the ballot for President. We have gone God knows how long with the same stupid cycle of the party out of power digging for dirt and scandal, while the other party goes as far as they can to defend them.
  7. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 05:48 PM) It doesn't. Which I dismiss those who believe Williams is willing to have other set the market -- because it's ridiculous. Honestly, people. Can you seriously believe Williams, who has voiced opposition to the inflated price of free agents, would do nothing about it but let similar events occur next season? What exactly is wrong with "setting the market?" Something which I doubt would happen. Ask Tom Hicks. They are still paying for "setting the market" to this day and beyond. Plus they don't even have the player they are paying for anymore.
  8. I like the speed up rules, but the big thing they could do is cut down on commericial time, just like every other sport.
  9. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 12:44 PM) What is our payroll for 2007 going to be? I read a couple of weeks ago we had just under $105 million committed to 18 players. This doesn't count the cash from Vaz and Thome. QUOTE(spiderman @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 01:56 PM) What good does drawing 2.9 million people, winning a WS, having more revenue than ever before if Reinsdorf wants to run this team like a mid-market team ? We can't keep every free agent - to expect so would be unrealistic, but I think it's ridiculous to even put themselves in a position to lose your free agents like Williams seems willing to do. I don't know that 2006 generated more revenue than 2005 did because there was no playoff money generated. QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Feb 18, 2007 -> 09:51 PM) I completely agree. I dont recall many other teams crying about $ every time they open their mouths. I'm sick of the stance this organization takes and I'm sick of his pompous attitude. Really, this team's stars are aging or will be gone after this year. Tell us what plan there is, other than to make millions of $, of course. How many other teams do you follow every single thing that their GMs and executives talk about? There are plenty of teams who cry poor, the irony is that Hendry was one of them last year. QUOTE(Soxfest @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 07:44 AM) I know i will get blasted but it looking like JR is not going to spend the money! mostly because you make outrageous statements and then disappear when people ask for proof. QUOTE(bad at best @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 12:11 PM) It would be a pretty boring message board if we all just applauded KW. "Isnt KW brilliant?" "Yeah, completely" "Coundn't have said it better" "What do we talk about now?" "I don't know, maybe how great ozzie is?" "Yeah he is great too" "Totally" *crickets chirping* Trust me, the opposite gets pretty boring too.
  10. There is more computing power in a typical watch today, than in the rocket that first took humans to the moon.
  11. I have a Kodak digital camera which uses your typical memory card, my question is has anyone tried to use the micro-memory cards with the full sized adapter for their digital camera? They seem to be cheaper to buy, at least on Ebay, and I was thinking about buying one of those instead.
  12. QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 12:42 PM) none. I don't think any of them will be even close.
  13. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 11:09 AM) QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 02:12 PM) One of my favorite episodes. Well played. I Dr. Cox
  14. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 02:03 PM) So for those to feel inclined to pat him on the back for at least being candid, they can't even do that anymore. I really wonder why anyone thinks displaying hatred in public like that is going to do you any good. He really must not be a very bright man. ^^ You beat me to it... Is it all right to beat up on Hardaway now?
  15. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 01:06 PM) Just me and Tim Hardaway God I hate you. (just being honest here) [/converstation going full circle]
  16. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 01:35 PM) I am flying JetBlue in a week and a half -eek! On the bright side, I'll bet they go out of their way to avoid this kind of PR for a while now.
  17. To me hate is hate. I don't care whether someone saids they hate a particular group or not, or lies about it and acts PC, to me that doesn't change the person that they are at all. They are still bigots whether it is covert or overt.
  18. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 12:08 PM) Chet or Liz? (for 30 Rock fans only) I was thinking Nick (For hardcore minor league Sox fans, or Cheat fans) But wait a minute... There are fans of 30 Rock? Wow.
  19. Damn. Did it have to be a division team? Good luck to Cliff for at least 143 games this year
  20. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 11:54 AM) It would be interesting to hear Hardaway's take on someone who said he hates black people. Its ignorant, something he will back away from. The funny thing is, is he probably knows a lot of gay people that he likes, but just doesn't know they are gay. We are right on the same wavelength http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=23375
  21. Why do I get the feeling in an effort to get the next Liriano, we are going to be getting the next Lemon?
  22. "You held onto it for as you could..."
  23. It seems the shooter might have survived a massacre in Bosnia http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17156121/
  24. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    http://wjz.com/topstories/topstories_story_046063757.html

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.