Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 05:24 AM) Then with proof of cost and after your deductable they should cut you a check. The other question you need to ask is what the deductable is. If your losses are close to that number, its not worth filing a claim. Most people have a $500 deductable, so the $300 detector plus about $200 for a window and install would really mean you shouldn't file a claim.
  2. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 09:55 PM) Having worked for an airline before, I seriously doubt it "COSTS" $22K an hour to fly that thing. It wasn't 22K an hour, it was a trip to CA from Washington FWIW.
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 03:04 PM) This should prove to be an entertaining reply. No doubt the media who wasted a week blaming Pelosi for something she didn't even do will ignore it, but it'll still be fun to see. I know that this is a snide little payback stunt by Murtha, but still I want to see this done on a much more regular basis. I think the world should know how Congress wastes their money.
  4. While avoiding the feeling to recycle the same arguements, again, I will say this much.... I would much rather see the work done to change people who run for President back to canditates instead of dollar whores like they are now. The irony is that reading the federalist papers, the exact problem of having certian canditiates control what gets out during an election and duping the public is exactly what happens when a campaign turning into a two year fund raising event, instead of a focus on the issues at hand. People can keep picking at the scabs of 2000 all they want, but in reality, in the terms of problems in the electoral process, this is no where near them top of them. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 02:30 PM) But, unfortunately, I don't see this state-level initiative getting it done. Only way this would work is at the federal level, I think, and that isn't going to happen. 3/4's of states would have to approve a change, and you can bet your ass that way more than 13 states would never go for this change to the constitution.
  5. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 02:32 PM) No one makes you go to the games. This is classic economics. If you increase the price of a ticket by a small amount, you do expect some amount of fans to decide that the product on the field is no longer worth their money and stop buying tickets. The goal is to increase the prices enough so as to increase profits without driving away so many fans as to reduce profitability. If you don't feel that a 90 win team at those prices is a good enough deal for your money, then don't spend it. Thank you. Also for those who wanted a top 5 type payroll, here is your bill.
  6. QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 01:17 PM) The whole lying about a miscarriage but still being pregnant is too daytime soap opery for me. Not where they will go. I'm guessing it could carry over to the last season. Who knows. That ending really left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole episode. I understand needing some serious stuff to set up the funny stuff, but that was out of line with what a comedy like Scrubs should be.
  7. QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 12:44 PM) Still using electricity. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 12:45 PM) Shockingly little electricity all things considered though. And a lot less electricity vs Heating Oil or Natural Gas
  8. QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 12:32 PM) HAHAAAAA!!!! It was FIVE degrees when I left my house at 3:15 AM! ...but I left my house at 3:15 AM, so did I REALLY win??? I think not.... I left at 3:45. I think the conclusion must logically be that we are both losers.
  9. QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 11:40 AM) I cannot imagine what it must be like to be a parent and want to take kids to games. Hell, for four tix that's easily $100 right there and then you get to the concessions... I would think the Sox would offer us no increase after that crap season last year, but hey: I guess this is capitalism, right? My co-worker was commenting on how it used to be that baseball was the "cheap" sport that everybody could go to, but no more. The one thing I do have faith in, with Sox fans, is that if the team starts sucking, people will stop coming (God bless us) and we'll see how they'll be trying to give the tix away if that happens. Side question: do we think it's that far off when the Sox start scalping their own tix like the Cubs do? After all, it has been ruled legal. I wonder what they're waiting for.... CONSPIRACY THEORY alert! WARNING! TO FOLLOW! Although if I were crafty and a front office for a major team I would simply never put a big block of tix for premium games in the first place, I would simply throw them onto Ebay for a bidding war, posing as individual sellers.... Shhhhh... The Cubs did that years ago essentially with shadow owning a ticket broker that they diverted tickets to.
  10. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 11:45 AM) Update: The local paper ran my guest commentary as I wrote it. I got a call from the parent who apologized and told me that she hoped I hadn't taken it personally, etc. So all is well. w00t. Quiet Commie BTW, good for you for standing up to the asshole parent. I kinda wish our system had more of those in a way, because our big problem is that the parents just don't care. I can't tell you how many parents my wife has talked to whose response was "And?"
  11. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 10:56 AM) Parking is up to $20 To be honest, that is more annoying than ticket prices to me. One thing I did find interesting for the conspiracy theoriest among us, is that the Cubs announced a ticket price increase of $2-5 a ticket depending on dates and sections, a couple of days prior the Sox annoucement. The Tribune actually had it on the front page of the sports section in a prominent area, and when you followed the story to its finish, there was a chart which compared how much that ticket prices have gone up since 1982, and it wasn't pretty. The Sox version, while also on the front page of sports, included only a comparison to 2006, and made sure to mention how many games they won, how they had record attendence, and how they had already committed $104.7 million in 2007 to 17 players. We got painted way nicer than the Cubs did for the exact same move.
  12. QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 03:33 PM) Nobody accused Indiana of cheating. As a matter of a fact I remember seeing someone on here had a quote from Deron Williams about there not being any reason why they wouldn't choose Ill, oh wait there is one reason... or something to that effect. EDIT:Never mind I found it again "There's absolutely no good reason (for Gordon) to choose Indiana over Illinois," Dee Brown said. "None." Sitting next to him in the visitor's locker room at Minnesota's Target Center, Deron Williams said: "Oh, there could be a reason."
  13. BigHurt4evah(20), RibbieRubarb(35), innersanctum(34), azsoxfan(37) A special shotout to my favorite plushie
  14. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    And we can't forget the Police from this episode...
  15. Today was the first morning in a week, that is wasn't below zero when I left for work. It was two degrees.
  16. Very cool story.
  17. Some funny stuff as usual ie the contest between Turk and Cox, but really too much drama for my tastes.
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    "This is bulls***"
  19. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 02:52 PM) He's Brian Anderson? Worse. He can't play centerfield for s***.
  20. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 01:59 PM) From the first article posted in this thread: I wonder what "government coach fare" looks like?
  21. Another completely irrelevant thought on this... Do the people who aren't government employees have to pay taxes on these "free rides" that our reps are handing out? After all, anyone who is on that plane, and not on the government payroll (the rep and the people assigned to guard them) are getting gifts, and they should be paying taxes for them, not to mention the airline taxes they aren't paying to pay for the costs of preventing terrorism.
  22. QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 01:05 PM) lol the Cubs at 8-1 odds, wow. I'm kinda disturbed not to see Minnesota up there. I know they haven't done much in the playoffs but they've made they've won the division 4 of the last 5 years so I think they should at least get a 10-1 odds. Its the samething as Cub fans, except in Reverse. There are hardly any Twins fans, so no one bets on them, and their odds remain high. It has nothing to do with what the oddmakers thing about teams respective chances.
  23. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 01:08 PM) bingo All 3 have their days where they get a few K's, but none of the 3 are 8 K an inning guys like Javy, so they need good defense and range behind them to succeed. Simple as that. Uribe provides that, where Cintron and Ozuna don't. I think we need to fix our catching
  24. I'll file this under... I'm listening... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070207/ap_on_...the2008_trail_5
  25. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 12:26 PM) I think this ranks up there with the stupidest media-manufactured controversies I have ever seen. Here's an LA Times bit on the actual plane in question. Of course it is.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.