Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 02:17 PM) Let me say this: If Chester Frazier was unaware/not a part of those women calling 911 after he went back down to the car with Jamar and saw the situation (aka he was part of trying to "sober up" his roommate Jamar and not calling for help), he should also be gone for good. Period, because if that's true, Chester didn't do everything Jamar did, but in that case he also LEFT BRIAN FOR DEAD. This was really disturbing to me too. How could you do something like that? If it bears out to be true, he needs to be kicked off of the team as well.
  2. QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 01:53 PM) Well, I'm far away from being 20 years-old now, but I'll answer anyway. Certainly, someone of typical college age should be held responsible for their actions. And it's pretty clear that Jamar Smith will. The culpability of Weber is in creating a program where a bunch of players and an assistant coach apparently thought covering up a DUI accident was more important than health, maybe even life, of a teammate. If that interpretation of the events is wrong, which is possible, then I don't think the AD should fire Weber. But if it is correct...well, Weber is a like the manager of a division in a company, and it's clear his division has problems. He should be held accountable for that. I don't know if he should be fired, but it has to be strongly considered. I'm sure a lot of people are down on Weber because he can't recruit and the team is on the tournament bubble. I really don't care about that. He may not relate well to 20 year-olds, but I'm sure that's true of a majority of the coaches at Division1 basketball schools. I actually admire Weber's apparent compassion. And I doubt that a stiffer penalty for McBride would have dissuaded Smith from drinking and driving in a blizzard (although a half season suspension wouldn't have been inapproprate IMO). But the thing with the assistant coach, Frazier and Smith leaving Carlwell in the car...something needs to change, becuase that's inexcusable. Anyone who was connected directly to this accident needs to be fired, stripped of scholarships, kicked out of school, or whatever is appropriate to their standing at the university. If Webber was invovled in this, he deserves to go as well, but if people want him fired because he is responsible for what happens in their freetime, I don't understand that. By that logic, the AD and the President of the University should be getting fired as well, because they hired Webber and admitted these kids into the school. Maybe Webber hasn't been the toughest coach on players off the court stupidities, but I don't see how that makes him responible for some people's complete lack of common sense and deceny. Most of those morals are taught way before you get to college.
  3. Just reading some of these posts and the responses to them, most of you guys are around the same age as these players. Am I really hearing people saying that college aged kids aren't mature enough to be held responsible for their own actions? Are the people who are saying that Weber should bear responsiblity really trying to tell me that you all should still be answering to your parents, and they should be making your decesions for you?
  4. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 01:21 PM) Right now, there is some thought that the media have become so totally willing to ignore substance in arguments that the only people who really will have a chance will be these "Rockstar" candidates, just because the media doesn't bother talking about anyone else. I'd buy that for sure. Obama is front page news for his Hollywood fundraiser which netted him over a million dollars, but who heard about Richardson's which was the largest in his states history and netted something like $2 million?
  5. Hopefully no one minds the visitor, but I was reading the samethings and just shaking my head. I know the two big kids on the block were destined to rumble, but I hate to see the fire back to the Clinton campaign go down the predictable road of their ethics. I'd really like to see the Obama camp stay above that, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. This is going to be a long, long 21 months, isn't it?
  6. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 11:06 AM) But he wasn't a f/a. No way he gets what he wanted in arbitration. He does because in your last year of arbit elig, you are compared to free agents.
  7. QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 09:50 AM) Do you think his $15.5 million dollar proposal was realistic? I sure don't. The increase from $6.5 to $15.5 would be the largest of it's kind if i'm not mistaken. The increase is immaterial. The dollar amount is commiserate to pitchers of his cabilbur on the free agent market.
  8. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:56 AM) Edwards is all plastic and mirrors. I see very little under the hood intellectually from him. I really hope he doesn't win. I gotta say, I was a lot more impressed with him 2-3 years ago. He was a lot more moderate as a VP canditate, and that did appeal to me. If the Kerry-Edwards ticket had been reversed, I would have paid a lot more attention to it, and considered voting that way. In retrospect, I am glad it didn't happen that way, because now John seems to be in a mad dash to Lefty-ville.
  9. Believers might have a friend in Bill Richardson http://hillaryspot.nationalreview.com/post...GEyOGI5NjBmODQ=
  10. http://hillaryspot.nationalreview.com/post...TBhOWFmMzQ4Yzk=
  11. The French don't seem to think that 3000 dead people is very many...
  12. The post pardum in an interesting hypothesis...
  13. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:19 AM) Same here, I've also made the call a couple times, good to have friends you can count on. It sucks at the time, but it only takes once for a situation like this to happen, and you will live the guilt for the rest of your life.
  14. I think Peter McGowan needs to change his shorts right about now. He just signed Kevin Brown from the sounds of it.
  15. Zambrano either really wimped out, or they are really close to a big, long term deal.
  16. "cover jinx.... YEEEEEEEEEEES!"
  17. Last night sucked, plain and simple. I kept waiting for someone to do something impressive, but no one ever did.
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    This was an odd situation with all of the side stories about people being asked for help and denying that help. I know I have gotten out of bed many a times on weekends to make sure that someone didn't get into a dangerous situation. I can't imagine turning someone down and either making the drive drunk, or with someone who was drunk.
  19. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 05:58 PM) http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/02/20/oj.simpson.ap/index.html Zzzzzzzzzzzz Well now we know what Geraldo has been doing with his time...
  20. QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 12:34 PM) I hope we don't become the next Kansas City Royals.
  21. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 12:37 PM) Any agreement may contain just that sort of condition - XsiriuM would need to put X number of local radio slots in their network, or something like that. I guess this is where I tend more towards open competition than others. To me, looking at the alternatives of a monopoly and those two going bankrupt... I think the public is better served with the latter. Ultimately, just like Motorola's Iridium project, someone else will pick up the hardware and put it to market, probably more efficiently. Maybe this would fit better in the random facts thread, but on 9-11 when all other cellular technologies were failing for lack of a tower, it was the Iridium based technology that was actually still working.
  22. The closers have gotten the collective thumb to the nose from the HOF. I really hope to see that change soon.
  23. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 07:54 PM) Weird. You and Ozzie on the same page? I'll bet you need a hug right about now, don't you
  24. How the F is a mom giving the kid a gun and telling him to go get revenge on someone a fault of the educational system? I know our educational system has big problems, but how are those two even close to related? That might have been the worst use of the victim card I have ever seen.
  25. For those who are asking this question... No, I do NOT work at IBM. Thank you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.