Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:50 PM) Then we'd have to ban Ozzie for a personal attack... Damn I would hate to try to read that email....
  2. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) Some reason I'm not as excited as I used to be for this series. Maybe that will all change once the games start tomorrow. It also may be the sad fact, that though I'm always optimistic, part of me realized this may be all I had to look forward to during the season. It seems there's things much more important than the crosstown series this season. You just put into words exactly what I was feeling. Its wierd, but we have much more to worry about, the Cubs games are just that. Games. Usually we are behind and the secondary prizes start to mean something. This year it is all about first place.
  3. [/obligatoryVinnieCastilladeal]
  4. QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:37 AM) did the cubs have a scout there? Rumor is Dusty thinks she can go 150 pitches
  5. Wow, that's awesome. It'll be interesting to track her and see if she can make a run into baseball.
  6. After reading that, my head hurts. Thanks Jim, now I just need to find my bio-babble to Hoosier dictionary to translate it.
  7. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:06 AM) This is Ken Rosenthal's response to my e-mail...obvioulsy this was B.S....he didn't start this... "I seriously doubt it. Chavez is in the first year of a six-year, $66 million deal. " No big surprise there... thanks for sharing and clearing that one up
  8. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:00 AM) AM I the only one looking at this is just another series..Win 2/3 move on to the next series.. I could care less who we play as long as we keep winning. Being 29-12, this is how the team should be looking at things. Plus one thing we do have going for us, is we have just kicked the crap out of teams under .500
  9. Genius, pure genius. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4502077/detail.ht...382&dppid=65192
  10. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../19/ixhome.html
  11. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:58 AM) But why write this article in May? They always do it before the first El-series games. Its tradition.
  12. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:51 AM) I know, but the original poster was talking about who "we should have" in the game... Exactly. I don't think we need a reminder of what a sham the AS voting process has become.
  13. Sounds about right to me. There isn't too much there to argue.
  14. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:45 AM) And it would take a huge slide from Brian Roberts for that to change. He's THE story among position players this year. Soriano's been good, but he's still been nowhere close to Roberts. Edit: Just checked Soriano's numbers. Weren't they better earlier this year? He went 1-13 against the Sox, that didn't help. But he is still ahead of Tadahito as far as I am concerned.
  15. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:40 AM) Hm, isn't your wife a bio teacher? I bet she would know....... Yeah, but she is at work right now
  16. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:41 AM) Iguchi's been great, but he really doesn't deserve to be the starter anyway. Not a chance. As it stands today, if anyone but Brian Roberts or Soriano starts, its a crime against humanity.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) My aunts went there about a year ago and loved it. Brought me back some awesome Irish placemats. Irish placemats? What are those, bar napkins?
  18. Someone needs to be prosecuting this guy and frying him. There aren't many more clear examples of terrorists that I have seen. Heck I think there is a more clear reason to send him back to Cuba than there was for Elian Gonzalez.
  19. And I gotta say, I like his idea better http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/18/wtc.trump/index.html
  20. QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:51 AM) Does anyone know how long Chavez is signed for.. I wouldnt do this deal if he is a free agent after this year I thought he got a 6 year $60 million deal after 04.
  21. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:52 AM) Not wanting to go quite that far.. There are also nice trips out my way and past that, up into Michigan, where you can do the Dunes. Plenty of nice bed and breakfasts, good golf, nice scenary, and plenty of places to bury those pesky bodies...
  22. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:40 AM) Weed out the idiots?!? It would be a virtual ghost town. [/imagines the digital tumbleweeds rolling through...] AND THINK OF THE ADMINS, FOR GODS SAKES, WHAT WOULD WE DO????
  23. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    If you want a cool nature vacation, go to Kentucky and go caving. It is way cooler, IMHO.
  24. That has got to be BS. The Sox can't be looking at trading starters right now, and especially for picking up that much salary.
  25. There are a couple interesting points raised here, but they are destroyed by the inherit racism of some of the comments... anyways, without further ado, just for Apu.... Ann Coulter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.