Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 11:55 AM) You will assimilate.... or wait, will I? There are plenty of why's and how's, but in general I agree with you there. Hold me, I am afraid
-
When I'm 64
http://www.paulmccartney.name/m/item.asp?news_ID=62
-
Campos strong in Mexico's clincher
Actually the victory is made more impressive when you look at some of the people on the DR's team. http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=299409
-
Campos strong in Mexico's clincher
QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 11:31 AM) Yah, so what is going to be the deal this ST? I am sure he will be with the minor league camp, and will probably get some scrub innings in B games for the big club if they need extra bodies.
-
Girls best friends?
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/02/08/s...reut/index.html
- True Fan
-
Campos strong in Mexico's clincher
- Diaz to Japan???
I was reading on whitesox.com about the pitching staff and caught this line buried in an article I take it they are talking about Felix Diaz, right? Has anyone else heard anymore on this???? Here is the full article. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp- Good news for our Aussie friends
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) I'm sure you'll be one of the first to chug down a cold one, celebrating the good news there. Why do you think their profits were up in the first place... I am spreading the good word. BTW I did finally find out a local beer down there. how is XXXX? What type of beer is it? I was talking to our Aussie customers and they were talking about it.- Ryan Reopens
http://www.nbc5.com/traffic/4174876/detail...994&dppid=65192- Good news for our Aussie friends
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/02/08/blo.../sxfosters.html- Ron Kittle Book Coming Out
That ought to be interesting... I'll definitely check it out.- Maggs real health status from him and his agent
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:41 AM) The Tigers. Vlad puts up better numbers in every offensive category, and he makes less money. Maggs isn't worth what they're paying them. Especially when you figure that for a whole lot less money up front, they could have had Carlos Beltran who would have looked real good in that giagantic CF of Comerica Park. Remember $34 million of his deal is deferred, so he is actually making less money during his 7 year deal than Maggs would. http://mets.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=195- Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:44 AM) How you can put a positive spin on the effects of this tsunami is literally quite insane. That is pretty much what I was thinking.... I am sure that 31,000 people don't think it was that beneficial.- Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
I am not quite sure what to make of this, but according to the author the tsunami has been good economically for Sri Lanka http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...my_050208034722- Arby's glove
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:11 AM) .. Don't be hatin on my boys... They got a pepper bar.- Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:02 AM) 7 times out of 10, I agree with you. I'll even agree that France and Russia had economic interests in a Saddam Hussein led Iraq, however - that being said, Russia and the US met and Putin made that very clear. If Russia thought they could have gotten one penny more out of Iraq reconstruction, they would have come to our side. But I think what we're seeing here is a fundamental switch in foreign policy by the Bush administration and that was seen with great alarm, and for good cause, around the world. The idea of pre-emptive war is a bit chilling. And I can honestly say that major powers, or in the case of France - former major powers, find this unsettling to the status quo of how things go on the part of the major players in the world. In a world where the big players need to be more stable, this as seen as a much more unpredictable switch. I can't argue with that much at all.- Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 08:34 AM) Got a total figure on that Southsider? I was shocked how much other stuff there was besides the $350 million. I was also trying to find a total for all of the military equiptment that we using as relief aid also... I remember reading that one of the choppers we have down there costs $4000 per hour just to operate.- Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 08:28 AM) Last time I checked you weren't calling the US government ineffective, the Catholic Church Godless, or accusing Bill Gates of stomping puppies (couldn't really think of a good analogy for Microsoft, its early) because of the bad things they do. Yet you're making a judgment call about an entire multinational organization because of the actions of a few people on the take. I love how Oil For Food is now used as a justification after the fact of invasion, and used to explain why Russia and France were so hesitant to allow force involved. Because it neglects the fact that they were right this whole time. The weapons that the US thought were there simply were not there. And Russia and France didn't believe they were there. Last time I checked, Russia and France were right on that score. Actually I would totally agree with your first two characterizations, and would wonder about the 3rd. The US government is ineffective(and incredibly ineffecient), the Catholic church by and large is Godless, and it wouldn't surprise me if Gates stomped puppies after getting back some of the Anti-trust decesions back. And as to the whole France and Russia being right thing... I guess it is back to the ends justifying the means. It is the same reason people with interesting in Haliburton wanted the war in the first place, they know where their bread is buttered. Yes, I truely believe that a country can be motivated by greed. Why is that so hard to believe?- Just an Iraq Thread
- Ohh happy day...
QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 08:07 AM) So, just like Fox Sports Net? worse, by far.- Ohh happy day...
I'm sure things will improve, but outside of the actual games, CSN sucks. They have horrible shows and personalities.- Maggs real health status from him and his agent
$75 million sight unseen. Mike Illitch has just passed Tom Hicks for the dumbest SOB to own a baseball team.- Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 07:52 AM) That's a national disaster, plain and simple. The Tsunami Devastation was a global disaster, one of the worst of our time. America wouldn't want to be bailed out by other countries, even if they were its allies. And when the scope of the disaster came into focus, not just the US, but almost every country who gave aid, adjusted their donations upwards. The initial reports were of a few thousand people dead. They are still finding dead people and survivors they didn't know about after 6 weeks of the disaster. I think if the initial reports had been of the entire destruction of tens of thousands of square miles of coast lines over many countries from Indonesia to Africa, the deaths of over 300,000 people, and the displacement of millions more, no country would have offered as little as they did. Out of curiousity, what was the Aussies original donation offer and how long did it take them to make it?- Middle East Peace Process
QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 07:50 AM) We/they need to keep trying, but I really don't believe it will ever happen. This "war" has been waged since the time of Abraham. I'm not holding my breath, but for the innocent people's sake, I hope it happens. Too many people who want exactly what I mentioned have died because of these wars. - Diaz to Japan???