Everything posted by chw42
-
Blame it on Rios
Somebody should tell JD that he's too damn slow to play the OF. He should know himself. Even a hobbled Carlos Quentin is faster than he is.
-
Dye is seriously slumping
I've been sitting him on my fantasy team. Usually, this means he should be hitting the s*** out of the ball. But, the opposite has happened. Should I start him just to see if he somehow turns it around?
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:12 AM) http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview09/ne...tory?id=4021631 Rios' UZR in all three outfield positions are 10+. His UZR/150 in CF is 13.4.
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:01 AM) The upside and downside to adding Rios http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...?obref=obinsite 14 players in CF since 2005? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I have them all in no particular order: Owens, Mackowiak, Anderson, Ramirez, Wise, Griffey, Erstad, Swisher, Lillibridge, Podsednik, Andy Gonzalez, Terrero, Sweeney, Kotsay I'd say Rios is probably the best offensive player out of the entire bunch. And also the second best defensively behind Anderson. But I haven't seen him play much yet, so IDK.
-
Blame it on Rios
QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:41 AM) More productive years, the ability to play in the field every once in a while, and the ability to play in interleague games. This is such a hard decision...
-
Blame it on Rios
QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:02 AM) Thome's currently 38 HRs away. Given his age and propensity for nagging injuries, it's likely that he's not going to get there until early 2011. Kenny shouldn't give him a two-year deal to ensure that he hits #600 in a Sox uniform. Hell, I'm not convinced that Dye's health can be counted on for three more years. I'm thinking a one-year deal for Thome or a two-year deal for Dye, maximum. You don't think Thome can hit 38 home runs in the next year and two months? He's probably going to hit around 30 this year. So he'd have to hit 28 home runs next year. Very doable if you ask me.
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 07:27 PM) Some of these Score callers are legit tardhards. You didn't know this?
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
Have we ever acquired anybody from Toronto before outside of David Wells?
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 07:01 PM) Jesus, what in the holy f*** were they thinking with GM Jr? That dude made one catch and is set for life He also hit pretty damn well too...
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 06:53 PM) If you double the financial commitment, you should win. It's not like the 60 mil is all charged on us in a year or two. It's spread out.
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
Raul Ibanez - 37 $11 million per year for 3 years. WAR since 2004 - 14.7 Milton Bradley - 31 $10 million per year for 3 years. WAR since 2004 - 16 Adam Dunn - 29 $10 million per year for 2 years. WAR since 2004 - 15.5 Alex Rios - 28 $12 million per year for 5 years. WAR since 2004 - 17.5 We win.
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 06:18 PM) Is it 5 years 60 mil remaining or 6 years 60 mil? I think it's 5 and 60 with an option for the 6th year.
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 05:48 PM) What lifting did he get done? Usually we would be bidding for FAs that are coming off of a good year. We're giving 12 million dollars a year to a guy we HOPE and PRAY can get his OPS back to 860 or so. He hasn't been over 800 in a year and a half. I mean, f***, Aubrey Huff has a f***ing .917 OPS this year. Defense is nice and all, but we're talking 12 mil a year for a 830-860 OPS (hopefully) and solid CF defense. I'm sorry but that makes absolutely zero sense to me. Aubrey Huff doesn't have a .917 OPS. Try .725. He's worse than Rios. Aubrey Huff is also old and slow.
-
White Sox Acquire Alex Rios Off Waivers
I've already predicted his line for us next year. .299/.352/.512 OPS+ of 124 27 home runs 78 RBI 84 R 23 SB ZiPS projects him to hit .285 for the rest of the year with a .350 wOBA. We shall see. Great move by Kenny to get him for nothing. Before I did some studying on Rios, I thought he was the most overrated player in baseball. But his career WAR is only 1.3 behind that of Curtis Granderson and both have had 5 years of ML service. It really opened up my eyes a bit.
-
Daniel Hudson debuts with Charlotte...
What was his line? I'm assuming it wasn't very good.
-
Is Dye being traded for Rios???
Left field is usually where your worst outfielder plays, so a move there for Dye could help I guess.
- LMAO WTF LOL OMG!
-
Hineybird to the Trib
I guess he has more reason to rip on the Sox now that he's working for the company that was formerly associated with the Cubs.
-
Confirmed: White Sox claim on Alex Rios on waivers
I guess Riccardi is less helpless than I thought he would be.
-
Is Dye being traded for Rios???
Dye alone makes our outfield below average. Pods in center is slightly below average and Quentin's mediocre.
-
Should we sign Gordon to an Evan Longoria-type contract?
I'd do it this off-season. The economy's bad right now and it should get better in the future, meaning he will be looking for more money once he hits arbitration and gets close to free agency. I think it's worth it.
-
Confirmed: White Sox claim on Alex Rios on waivers
QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 09:27 PM) Jake Peavy is intrigued by those BABIP numbers. He certainly is. He's probably saying, "if those were numbers against me, I'd be pretty much screwed."
-
Scouts watching McCulloch...
Yeah, I know. I was just trying to narrow down the choices, which should come out to the Blue Jays because it would make sense that they're looking at mid-level prospects.
-
Scouts watching McCulloch...
Why would any other team than the Blue Jays be watching him? They're trying to get the most out of the Rios deal by looking at our crappy mid-level prospects.
-
Confirmed: White Sox claim on Alex Rios on waivers
Rios has had some bad luck this year. BABIP since 2006 2006: .346 2007: .324 2008: .335 2009: .291 His career LD% is 20.2%. It's at 18.1% this year, it's cost him around 5-6 hits because of that. He'd be hitting around .275 if his LD% was at career norm. Add in some other factors and he's probably hitting .285 instead of .262. Also, moving to the Cell, where the FB/HR rate is 11% will be a 2.5% increase from Rios' career FB/HR rate of 8.6%. That alone should give Rios at least 5 home runs if he were to call the Cell his home. He also doesn't play against the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays a combined 57 times anymore. That's three contenders with great pitching staffs. I easily see Rios hitting .300 for us with 25-28 home runs and a stellar glove in center field next year.