Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. I think some people are finally learning the ways of Kenny Williams. Sneak attack motherf***er!
  2. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 03:56 PM) Figgins has played 244 career games in CF compared to 36 in LF and 27 in RF. And he's been terrible in the outfield. His UZR/150 in the OF over the years is a -6.4. Not good. I'd rather stick him at 3B.
  3. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 03:55 PM) Southern Gentleman charm in full-gear.
  4. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 03:52 PM) You know, I wouldn't mind this if we could afford him, but it makes far more sense for next season than it would for this season. You're obviously not going to sit Pods. You're not going to sit Dye, Thome or Quentin either. Ozzie would have to work his magic and in order to have Rios play every day, one of CQ, Dye, and Thome would have to sit. And then you det yourself up well for next year if you want Rios in LF and Quentin in RF, with one of Thome/Dye DHing. Then you go an get Figgins for CF and you've got yourself a nice lineup. Or you could even keep Pods and keep him in LF with Rios in CF... Pods LF Beckham 3B Quentin RF Dye/Thome DH Konerko 1B Pierzynski C Rios CF Ramirez SS Getz 2B or Figgins CF Beckham 3B Quentin RF Dye/Thome DH Konerko 1B Pierzysnki C Rios LF Ramirez SS Getz 2B Rios would be the best defensive outfielder on the team if we get him. You definitely stick him in center. I don't think Figgins can play CF. He's played left before, if I remember correctly.
  5. He can go anywhere and still suck.
  6. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 03:23 PM) The problem is...his contract may be fair, but he's on a team that can't afford too many fair, or especially any unfair contracts. And they have at least 1 of the latter. Like Vernon Wells... Riccardi looks really stupid right now. He's paying Wells $20 million to suck on both offense and defense.
  7. I don't know what to think if it was us.
  8. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:55 AM) It's a good thing that a team that we're fighting with for the division title acquired him? I was looking more short-sighted than far-sighted I guess. I was saying that it's good we won't have to face him tomorrow.
  9. He's had numerous games where he's hit the ball very hard, but usually right at somebody. Just give him some time.
  10. It depends how much salary the Mets will pick-up. If they're even going to give us money for the buy-out next year, okay.
  11. QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:12 AM) Maybe it was because of this. Justin Masterson will start against us on Saturday now. Damn. We just can't get a break.
  12. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:03 AM) Confirmed on espn.com, good luck with that 5.37 ERA Minnesota. he was supposed to start against us tommorrow, wonder who will pitch instead... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4383523 We suck against Pavano. This is a good thing.
  13. With Bartolo constantly missing, I'm starting to think of him as a Cuban spy.
  14. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:24 PM) I wonder how accurate those pitch locations/types are. Gameday seems to miss an awful lot of them to me, especially with certain pitchers (i.e. they have a 4 seamer, a 2 seamer, or a cutter that are close in velocity). Do the stats on fangraphs use the same pitch location/velocity system as Gameday and all the other online live scoring systems?
  15. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:09 PM) Unless you're Nick Swisher, players don't look to pad their OBP Maybe more organizations can start teaching the value of the base on balls. It seems that Gordon Beckham has already been taught.
  16. Dye hasn't been this bad all-year. He'll get out of it.
  17. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:04 PM) Another reason why Beckham is a good player. The game is practically over, but he still remains patient at the plate and takes the walk he's given, unlike many players who would use that AB to try and pad their stats A walk pads his OBP, which is a pretty important stat.
  18. Wise is a career .300 pinch hitter? Is Stoney stoned or am I just hearing things?
  19. If only that was a 5-run home run.
  20. QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:02 AM) Shame we can't just watch a guy pitch to decide if his s*** is sick or not anymore. The people who come up with this need to take a step back and get a life. They have no one but themselves to blame for coming off as tenants in their mother's basement eagerly awaiting their first date with the opposite sex 43 years into their life. I can't wait to see what exciting new formula (aside from you know, whether or not you honestly feel good about the guy you've got throwing on a given day) is spawned out of someone's asshole next. 84% of the time when I wear red to work I manage to close a customer's account. 53% of the time when I wear blue and it's raining outside and my fastball is 84 mph I fail to close a customer's account. 17% of the time when I am a large, African American man who wears a No. 35 Chicago White Sox jersey I am either Frank Thomas or a pine tree in South Carolina. Therefore, logically, eleventy% of the time all the time I K Jimmy Rollins looking. Using the above-mentioned probabilities, reasonably, and quite plainly I am either Ross Perot or Neal Cotts. Apologies, this cutting edge scientific formula hasn't quite yet been refined to the "God Particle" accuracy so as to distinguish between the all too similar Cotts and Perot. Regardless, taking this imperfection into account, more than likely I'm just a little bit not quite on top of my game because my mother set me up on a love date with her grandmother's friend at the town's Denny's restaraunt and she wouldn't call it off even after I feighned sickness because I kept getting painful erections at inopportune instances for significant periods of time. We had hash browns and crepes... I am freaking out... HASH BROWNS... Is it too late to dam the river, or have I nourished the fertile lands of the eager yet patient valley? f***ing please... If anything, these guys help casual baseball fans get a better understanding of the game. Can you watch every single pitch of every game? Probably not. These stats do it for us. I'd rather be thankful than hateful towards sabermetricians. People usually hate sabermetrics because they don't understand it or it goes against their thinking. I'd like to be more open minded when it comes to these things.
  21. QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:51 PM) A mental off day? Well f*** them, then. Suck it up guys. AJ can't play every day. Our back up catcher can't hit. Thome, Konerko, Beckham, Getz, Dye, Pods, Nix all played today and we still lost. When the players see that the manager is resting some of his regulars, there's probably a change of mind in them as well. Add in the fact that they know they've won the series and it's not totally crazy to say that they could have a mental day off compared to a regular day.
  22. Rashard Lewis? Steroids? What?
  23. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:45 PM) Sox have had two base runners since the walked in run in the third. Wow did they pack this one away rather easily. For the fourth time today I will say this game looks amazing identical to the July 9th Thursday afternoon game. Every 3rd game of the series looks similar when we win the first two. Ozzie rests his good players and the players who play usually play like crap because they're probably having a mental off-day. Add in a bad pitching performance and there you go.
  24. QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:38 PM) Assuming a loss today, since the beginning of 2006, the White Sox have a 307-290 record (.514 WPCT) Over the same time frame, in 3 (and 4) games series in which they've won the first 2 (or 3) games, their record going for the sweep is 22-33 (.400 WPCT) Might want to consider changing the f***ing strategy, Ozzie. Ozzie likes resting his players I guess. Problem is, he does it way too much.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.