Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 05:40 PM) Betancourt and Francouer were both traded today and are seen as "upgrades" to their respective teams. This is a sabermaticians nightmare. You know it. Ryan Church was actually a barely below average hitter this year. Francoeur on the other hand...I'm speechless.
  2. I officially think of Joe Maddon as an idiot now. You don't take Granderson and Cruz over Dye and Lind. You just don't.
  3. Mets acquire Jeff Francoeur for Ryan Church. Francoeur has an OPS of just .634. Church has an OPS of .707. Pretty much trading bad for bad, but I don't see why the Mets would give up the better player in the deal when they actually need to get better, not worse.
  4. Sure, give 'em Dotel for Hermida. It would solve our corner OF problems next year. Get it done KW.
  5. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 04:57 PM) He's got a real nice arm. He's basically their version of Alexei Ramirez. He's just dumb out there. His arm is really good. That's what's made his UZR so good in past years. This year he's cost the Cubs 6 runs before today. I would imagine that's going up after today.
  6. I guess they want Pods to get reps in center. I don't like the idea of him being in center, but if it means that Q is coming back, so be it. Blackburn's usually pretty good against us. Let's see what happens tonight.
  7. QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 03:26 PM) Lol. Nelson Cruz replaced him. Link Are you f***ing serious? This is absolutely ridiculous. Cruz is having a nice year, but he's one of the streakiest hitters around and yet, you have Dye and Adam Lind sitting at home with MUCH better numbers. Is Joe Maddon stupid? First Granderson and now Cruz...wow. He loves OFs with .800 OPS when he could have guys with .900+ OPS out there.
  8. Soriano is so bad in LF it's indescribable.
  9. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 02:31 PM) Torii Hunter and Vlad Guerrero both to the DL. NOOOOOO! Now I have to start Carlos Lee on my fantasy team. Does this mean that JD might get a chance to go to the ASG after all?
  10. Please give them Gobble. He's another reliever we can hit hard.
  11. This might be a high scoring game.
  12. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:43 PM) I really don't care what each players OPS+ is. The fact is that odds are greater that Hill will get a hit instead of Kinsler, and Hill has a slight advantage in most categories. That's all I need to know, and it's pretty clear to me. Defensive aside, who should be starting the all-star game at 2B for the AL if it was between Hill or Kinsler? Liks I already said, it's clear to me that Hill has earned it over Kinsler this season. So you care about their OPS, but not their OPS+? That's a bit contradictory. OPS+ is obviously the much better stat because it takes the league and ballpark each player plays in and neutralizes any kind of an advantage. And I do agree with you that Aaron Hill should start the ASG, but not entirely because of his offensive contribution.
  13. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:59 PM) Have you missed the time I already stated I'd take Kinsler long term? But this argument was started about who was the best 2B in the AL this season, and so far, it's Hill. If you ask me, Hill hasn't been that much better than Kinsler offensively this season (the 2% difference in OPS+ tell you that). It's the defense that splits them apart this season in terms of overall value and contribution.
  14. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:49 PM) All of his stats are slightly better, but considering the quite large lead he has regarding BA, it makes it pretty simple. He also has a better OPS. But considering his OPS was only 9 points higher, I thought the fact his BA was 40 points higher would be the better determining factor. If anything, his defense is the determining factor. When the offense kind of evens out between the two, Hill is definitely the better player on defense. But usually, Kinsler's a far superior offensive player.
  15. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:48 PM) So just having a better BA makes a better year? Missed that memo. Exactly. Have you seen Hill's OBP? Even though he's hitting around 40 points higher than Kinsler, his OBP is only 7 points higher than Kinsler's.
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:43 PM) Hill has a slightly higher OPS, same number of HR's, more RBI's, much higher batting average, and doesn't get to play in Arlington. Kinsler has more SB's. Hill's OPS+ is 2% better than Kinsler's. Not all that impressive. Even with Kinsler's easy to hit in ballpark, Hill isn't much better than him offensively. Hill may be having the slightly better year thus far, but Kinsler is clearly the better 2B in the long run.
  17. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:34 PM) You say that as if Aaron Hill is having that much better of a year than Kinsler. He really isn't. Outside of Kinsler's power and slugging, he's been pretty bad this year. Hill is having a career year. He's already had his breakout year. So Kinsler being kind of bad almost equals Aaron Hill playing over his head. I'd say Kinsler wins.
  18. I would totally take that deal right now.
  19. At least they made it close. If this was a blowout, I'm sure Ozzie would of had a big old tirade. We had chances in the middle of this game to go ahead and tie. We just didn't take advantage.
  20. QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:30 PM) Wise in Left Now? So an automatic out leads off the inning instead of Nix who has proven he can make solid contact.... Nice Ozzie.... That just makes no sense at all...
  21. Eric Wedge finally got smart and brought in Wood.
  22. Now Joe Smith is going to own us.
  23. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:16 PM) "It's bacon topped with bacon!" -Actual taco bell commercial just on during the game. There's another Bacon out there?
  24. Why can't we hit Betancourt? Every other team does.
  25. I'd like for it to be Poreda. But I see Colon getting the chance.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.