Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members

Everything posted by chw42

  1. I still think we took the better route with Gordon Beckham. You can find power hitting 1B a lot more easily than a .300 hitting middle infielder.
  2. Good to know that he's not just pulling everything in sight.
  3. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 05:30 PM) Don't count out Matt Wieters having a huge 2nd half surge, either. He has the huge name recognition, along with Porcello. Almost nobody outside of Canada/AL East cities without a roto team knows much about Romero...good "stealth" candidate. I only play head to head and I have Romero on one of my teams.
  4. Looks like Buehrle's back in it...
  5. I thought Rongey's been much better this year than he has in the past. He used to get really mad at idiots.
  6. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:20 PM) There's no reason why Pedroia should be on the team, let alone starting instead of Aaron Hill. The reserve spot should have gone to either Kinsler or Cano. Both started off really hot, but have cooled down, but none-the-less, would be better options than Pedroia. Pedroia's got a SLG below .400. His OPS blows. At least Kinsler and Cano hit for power.
  7. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:17 PM) Dye is not even on the list of 5 to vote on .......I. Kinsler is on it and he will when hands down! Granderson has been s*** all year and has no business going! My question is how did Kinsler not make the f***ing team when that midget Pedroia did. Ugh.
  8. JD should have gotten in over Granderson. Hell, what is Josh Hamilton doing on the roster? He's played 35 games this year. Can't believe the fans are stupid enough to vote a guy who hasn't even played 1/2 of the first half into the game... Zobrist's spot is well deserved. What bothers me is that Tim Wakefield made the damn team. 4.30 ERA with a high WHIP. Just because he's close to being done doesn't mean you put him on the damn team. It's not like Wakefield is Randy Johnson or something.
  9. I'd much rather see Clayton out there instead of Bartolo. Maybe we can give Poreda a shot.
  10. chw42 replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Nice to see Q get some hits.
  11. I've said it before. Rich Harden hurts a pitching staff more than he helps it. He makes your bullpen work more and he makes you give him extra rest so it screws up other starters. Now that he's not even good anymore, he's useless.
  12. So Zack Greinke doesn't throw 97?
  13. Sweet, still 2.5 back.
  14. QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 05:41 PM) I wonder, is there ever a good day? Considering it's the 4th of July... It's a good day turned bad for his family and friends. That's what I meant.
  15. Just a terrible day for this to happen. RIP Steve.
  16. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 03:36 PM) Man-Ram goes yard. That's funny, because like I said, last year that question came up and everyone was saying how good TCQ was going to be and how Lincecum's arm was going to fall off. I was talking more about the Hanley for Beckham deal. I don't know if I would have traded Q for Lincecum last season. If you ask now, most people would say yes, but that's obvious.
  17. QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:58 PM) of course it was easy for me to wait for the results of this game, but to reiterate my initial point with "kiss of death", you hv to be a sox fan for about one season over any of the last 4 yrs to know they hv an eery tendency to lose when the pitching matchup is OVERWHELMINGLY in our favor, and do the opposite when it's not....it's a Chicago White Sox trademark and 3/4s of the people on this board are well aware of it.... as soon as I read the pre-game articles on how unhittable Floyd has been the last month, and the followon pregame posts here saying the same, all I could do was grin having been there too many times before.... Yeah, it's easy to say that now. But I don't think our hitting against Hochevar was the problem today. Floyd's bad 5th and 6th innings along with Alexei's lackadaisical play had more to do with it. Now if Hochevar pitched a complete game shutout today, you'd have a much better point. Brian Bannister has a 8.15 career ERA against us and we beat him up good earlier this year. Now if only Clayton Richard can give us a decent outing tomorrow...
  18. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:57 PM) Is asking for just 6 innings of 2 or 3 run ball tomorrow from Richard too much to ask? Probably. We need to beat up on Bannister like we usually do. He has a 8.15 ERA against us.
  19. It just felt weird to see this team down late in the game. I just can't stand Alberto Callaspo. He's killed us at least three times this year.
  20. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:47 PM) He hasn't exactly been gentle to him since he has lost his mind out there... And it still hasn't worked. Alexei is still dreaming about grand slams out there.
  21. QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:46 PM) Because two runs (three to win) to tie have never been scored in the history on baseball in the ninth inning. It's hard against Soria.
  22. QUOTE (elmo9246 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:43 PM) I think it's just the fact that he looks like he has his head in his a** out there. Sometimes he just gets caught not paying attention, way too often for a major league shortstop. I think Ozzie made Alexei feel way too damn good about himself when he said that he was going to be a better SS than Ozzie Guillen. Now he's just not giving a s*** out there it seems.
  23. QUOTE (elmo9246 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:39 PM) I wonder how many games Alexei's glove at short has lost us at this point? Before today, Alexei was a very average SS according to UZR. He has actually saved 0.2 runs before today. Don't know about after though.
  24. Colon had a WHIP of 1.5. He got hit hard.
  25. Why the hell did we even pitch to Callaspo? He's a career .400 hitter against us. We had Olivo sitting on deck who is hitting .215 against us lifetime. Blech.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.