Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members

Everything posted by chw42

  1. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:22 PM) Bruce Chen didnt either FWIW.... Take a look at our numbers against the next two starters we face and you'll know why I'm not too worried. Bruce Chen is a lefty with a change-up. We don't hit those pitchers. Bannister and Hochevar are a bit different.
  2. With Manny back, my once beastly 9-3 fantasy team will turn into an unbeatable dynasty. BTW, I didn't even draft Manny or trade for him...
  3. QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:02 PM) kiss of death, thanks. Do Luke Hochevar and Brian Bannister scare you?
  4. I know that it's KC, but we beat up Zack Greinke tonight pretty well. He usually doesn't give up 4 runs in 6 innings... The offense is doing enough to win and the pitching is spot on. Now that we got Greinke out of the way, we should expect a sweep.
  5. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:44 PM) Isn't Floyd sporting an ERA of under 1.50 in his last 8 starts? Danks hasn't given up a run in his last 2 starts.
  6. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:42 PM) I don't know who's hotter right now: Danks or Floyd? Danks.
  7. 4 above .500. Can't believe I'm saying this, but...GO TWINS! We can be 1.5 back if they score some runs and hold the Tigers down.
  8. 7 in a row! Linebrink looked really rusty and got away with it. Danks was owning once again. 14.1 scoreless in his last 2 starts. Another good win against the best pitcher in the AL. Good stuff.
  9. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 04:51 PM) Macha got simply outmanaged today by Lou. Shows you why in the late innings. I don't know why he let Suppan run as the go-ahead run in the 7th inning. You have to have somebody run for him in that situation. Somebody like a Craig Counsell or a Bill Hall.
  10. QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:43 PM) Lilly probably deserves to make it. Not when he's in the company of Lincecum, Cain, Billingsley, Santana, Haren, Gallardo, and Cueto. He's got a nice ERA, but he's 7-6. I doubt he gets selected although it would be total blasphemy if the Cubs didn't get a single all-star.
  11. I was making up the rosters for the AL and NL all-star teams on another board and I just noticed that I didn't put a single Cub on there. Somebody actually had to point that out for me. Then I thought about it and it made sense. They don't have a single truly worthy all-star. Derrek Lee is the only one that comes even close and I don't think the NL will carry 4 1B since the other 3 are Gonzalez, Pujols, and Fielder.
  12. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 05:28 PM) Really a shame what happened to Weeks. He was finally having that breakout year. But even with that, the Brewers are ranked 3rd and 4th in the NL in HR's and runs scored this year. Their bullpen is probably the best in the division. They desperately need another starter. What's the possibility that they land Cliff Lee? After all, they dealt with the Indians last year and it looks like they didn't give up as much as they thought since Matt LaPorta hasn't been the guy the Indians thought they got.
  13. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 05:16 PM) Despite the fact the Brewers have more talent, the Cubs just seem to have their number. It's a shame the Cubs are as close as they are considering how they've played this year (then again, you could say the same about the Sox). I guess the one bright spot is the the Brewers have a loaded farm. So they have the pieces to go out and upgrade. The Brewers don't have much of a pitching staff. That's something the Cubs do have. And if you think the Cubs' offense is underachieving, the Brewers offense underachieves almost every year. Despite the fact that they have Hart, Braun, Fielder, and Hardy, all guys who have plus power and are good hitters, they're always a mediocre to barely above average offense. Really puzzles me.
  14. That's not a ball...not even close.
  15. Mark Teahen gets a day off...? Hmmm...
  16. Let's just hope he can come back healthy and he has himself a nice rehab. I just don't want him to pull everything in sight like he was doing when he got injured. I'd rather see Brian Anderson than him hitting like that tbh with you. If Carlos gets back to form, our offense might actually be above average. 1. Podsednik CF 2. Ramirez SS 3. Dye RF 4. Thome DH 5. Konerko 1B 6. Quentin LF 7. Pierzynski C 8. Beckham 3B 9. Getz 2B Much, much better.
  17. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 04:28 PM) You can't get much more of the plate than that. Brutal call. The MLB needs a mechanism to fine umpires for sucking at their jobs. They do have such a system... I don't think they fine the umps though.
  18. Belt high, right down the middle and called a ball. Brilliant umpiring.
  19. QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 03:05 PM) Is their a SS with less range than Theriot? Hardy's actually a good defensive SS...
  20. Nobody would want him.
  21. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:36 PM) I love all 4 of jhonnydanks posts Jhonny Danks...lol Ed Farmer will get a kick out of that.
  22. That makes 2 Sunday night games this year for us.
  23. 6 in a row, 3 over, 2.5 back. I like it. Keep it going.
  24. Yeah, maybe we can combine them in 50 years once the technology allows us to. I'd definitely play Nix more now that Getz doesn't seem like he's able to get over the .250 mark. And Nix has an above average OPS+ compared to Getz's below average one. Only bad thing about Nix is that he does struggle against right handed pitchers and Getz is favorable against them. So if we keep at it at what it is right now, I wouldn't mind. But I'd definitely like to see Nix more.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.