Everything posted by chw42
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 08:27 PM) It is amazing how bad this team hits at home. Seriously, what's gotten into them? It was the exact opposite last year and it made sense. This year, it doesn't make a lick of sense.
-
White Sox GM Hampered by low Attendance
QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 08:25 PM) we are 2 games out of 1st and in the race...our attendance should not be this bad Yeah and we're 2 games above .500. We've been a mediocre team.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 08:23 PM) Wow, Brent Lillibridge seems like a distant memory. It's surprising that Lillibridge was actually a 3rd round pick. Then again, the Pirates drafted him. What's even more surprising is that he was the main piece in the Adam LaRoche deal.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
Just what we needed.
-
White Sox GM Hampered by low Attendance
What did Kenny expect? He put Fields, Getz, and Wise out there to fill out 3 important positions.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
A walk after being ahead. Not cool. We need a DP here. I don't want to see Sizemore with men on base.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
We usually don't hit Sowers until the 5th.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:44 PM) I can agree with some of that, but lets face it, how are we gonna get work for all of Jenks, Thornton, Dotel, Linebrink, Carrasco, and now Pena? Perhaps saying a bigger move was the wrong word, but I think something will happen within the next week or so. My guess is that Linebrink will go on the DL. This after Ozzie used him in every opportunity he got about a week or two ago? I don't see it.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
I'm watching the game on CBS and I just saw Francisco got caught stealing. My first thought was: A.J. threw somebody out? Then I saw that Mark picked him off.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:40 PM) I never buy the concept of a "Move to setup a bigger move" because I can't remember the last time it actually happened. KW made this move because he wanted Tony Pena. Bartolo Colon? Oh wait that was like 6 years ago.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
Mark doesn't look all that good tonight.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:38 PM) Bruce Chen. Gave up an RBI single to Polonco in the 4th, walked Cabrera intentionally, 3 run home run by Thames. Polonco and Cabrera have homers earlier in the game. Makes me wonder why we couldn't tag him for 7 runs.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:35 PM) Paul Konerko doesn't like you and wants you to look bad in front of your friends. And I'm perfectly fine with that.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
WTF? How did Detroit just go up 7-3?
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
14 for 14.
-
Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN
Looks like we won't be hitting Sowers until the 4th or 5th tonight.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:32 PM) 5'11". Is he really only 5'11? Wow...
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:32 PM) Yes...who we better trade if we're out of it come the deadline. I actually would be fine trading him even if we're in it, especially if a team like Florida views him as a closer. Good point. And we know Florida has some good prospects.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:29 PM) Frankly, that's exactly what this sounds like. Except we gave up more than Joe Borchard. Except he's actually shown he can be really good before.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
His WHIP is 1.53 right now. Ewww.
-
White Sox Acquire RP Tony Pena from ARI for Brandon Allen
This is a terrible deal. WTF? Why did they have to trade Brandon Allen?
-
Great Buehrle Article
Did not notice that Mark was on-track for 300 wins.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
I like Boozer when he's healthy. That's the problem with him. He's usually never healthy. He would be an awesome addition to the team at a good price though.
-
AJ Pierzynski signed autographs at Triple Threat Sports Monday 7/6
My friend went and now she's in love with A.J. Like damn, you've never been in love with him after he was part of our 05 championship team?
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 09:38 PM) I love Gordon, but switch hitting, 40+ home run power, 100+ rbi ability, 900 OPS ability, and potential GG 1B don't grow on trees either. Smoak is a damn good hitter. However, Gordon plays a more premier position, and I'm hoping he has the intangibles to be almost like a Dereck Jeter type. Team leader, clutch, the whole "it" factor, etc. He has the ability to produce like Jeter. I also believe that he'll be much better defensively. And he does have something about him that would make him seem like a good leader.