Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members

Everything posted by chw42

  1. People seem to be forgetting that Cousins sucks during prime time and big games in general.
  2. Greenard gets 4 and $76 mil, $42 guaranteed. Hunter is gonna get $100 mil, easy.
  3. I don't think having low mileage due to being injury-prone is necessarily a good thing.
  4. At this point, probably. But I really view him more as a depth piece than an actual center.
  5. He did get better towards the end with 2 really good games against the Falcons and Cardinals. But I'm not sure if that was him or just the Falcons and Cardinals being bad.
  6. You also have to take into account that Saquon plays behind a non-existent offensive line. If you put him in Philly he would have had way better numbers. That being said, I agree. You're better off investing $8 million in the offensive line than spending that on a injury-prone RB. I'm going to be mad as hell if they decide to ignore center once again and spend a bunch of money on a RB.
  7. Spielberger thinks this is for $7 to $8 million a year. Swift makes sense to get a better receiving back, but the guy is really injury-prone. I guess it makes sense since they have 2 other decent options at RB. But if we're gonna spend $8 mil a year on a RB, you might as well go after somebody better.
  8. I think this benefits Boras and Snell more than it benefits us.
  9. I think they want to end up with one of Wilkins or Hunter as their first option. If they strike out on both, they go Saquon. I guess it is technically possible for them to get one of those guys and Saquon, but then they'd be left with peanuts for other positions of need like EDGE/DI, C, WR3, and TE2.
  10. Wilkins is probably getting $25 million a year.
  11. Arik Armstead got cut. Bears should be all over him if they're out on Wilkins.
  12. There are various levels of suck, and at the end of the day, Fields is at least elite at something while Jones really has no redeeming values as an NFL QB.
  13. Why are people trying to tie Mac Jones to Fields? Jones started out well but has regressed heavily to the point where he got benched for Bailey Zappe on a 4 win Patriots team. Fields is a better thrower and runner than Jones and has actually shown improvement year to year in almost every advanced metric, even if he did not take the leap people were expecting last year. They are not and should not be in the same neighborhood of value.
  14. Johnson's cap hit is only $13 mil this year. That leaves the Bears about 49 mil in cap space when you already account for paying draft picks. I'm expecting at least one impact signing (Hunter or Wilkins), a FS (I really like McKinney), hopefully a veteran center, a WR3, a 3 down RB, and TE2.
  15. If it's one thing I've learned about the Bulls this year, it's that they'll lure you in when you don't expect it and then when they're about to hit .500, they disappoint you.
  16. Speculation is that the cap hit is only $15 mil. So Bears should have close to $50 mil in space for Monday.
  17. Pollard was so frustrating last year. Part of it was that Dallas had so many mouths to feed on offense last year, but even when he did get chances to run, he was very average. You can't really blame them for not giving him more carries near the goal line when he usually didn't score. Unless it's Saquon or an actual difference maker, the Bears should just ride with the RBs they already have.
  18. No thanks on Jacobs. He fell off a cliff last year. I'd rather them not spend money on average RBs when they could spend it on more premium positions. If they do decide to spend at RB I'd rather they get someone who is actually a receiving threat. Jacobs is an average RB receiver at best.
  19. With people like Gabriel on the scouting staff, you start to understand how the Bears were never able to scout, draft, or develop a QB.
  20. I can't help but feel like this is Lucas Patrick all over again.
  21. There is absolutely some value in waiting to see where Cousins lands. If he goes back to the Vikings, then Atlanta is gonna be a lot more interested in Fields. And as of right now, as long as Atlanta can chase Cousins, they're not gonna trade for Fields anyways. MIke Greenberg was just talking himself into the Giants possibly trading for Fields. I don't see how that'd work, but hey, I wouldn't mind swapping #9 and #6.
  22. Poles always gets his guy... It just so happens that Bates had a RAS of 9.56. Pace loves high RAS guys like KW loves past their prime vets.
  23. We really have to hope the Chargers love Brock Bowers.
  24. I'm not sure Turner gets past 8 unless the Falcons trade up for a QB. I still think the best scenario is for the Bears to get Odunze and sign an EDGE in FA. Evans might get 25 mil a year. I don't see Hunter getting that much, maybe more years though.
  25. I'm sure the trade would have happened already if they can get a 2nd. If there really aren't suitors who view him as a starter, you're possibly looking at a 3rd round pick or maybe even a 4th with a conditional pick next year. As much as I'd like to say, "well then you might as well keep him", the locker room and media distraction with Fields and Williams on the team would be way too much. With Cousins possibly switching teams and the crop of QBs that should be available in the 2nd round, the Fields market is looking pretty bad. We should all be rooting for the Vikings to give Kirk a long term deal and for Wilson to go to the Raiders. The Bears' best bet is for Pittsburgh and Atlanta to both need QBs.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.