Everything posted by chw42
-
2021 Soccer Thread
I know, but at least this play in game won't be played at some shitty stadium with terrible turf. This team just sucks when they play on shit turf.
-
2021 Soccer Thread
Against an Oceania team? I still like our chances. Of course I think we can still get 3rd. We just need to take care of business at home against Panama and Honduras and at least get a point in the 2 road games.
-
2021 Soccer Thread
We should at least be able to qualify for that 4th spot. We're 5 points clear of Costa Rica right now with 4 left to play. If we somehow choke this one like we did in 2018, I'm gonna be so pissed.
-
2021 Soccer Thread
Looks like Canada is starting to eclipse us in soccer. Pretty sad. They're playing really well right now and will probably qualify easily for the WC.
-
2021 NFL Season Thread
They just need to trade for Matt Ryan.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Yeah he's definitely an expiring asset now to a bad team. Him being out 2 months means you get nothing out of him until the playoffs and who knows how ready he'll be by then. He allows you to match salary for a lot of the mid tier trade candidates.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Right? They had the time to block accounts, but no time to delete the Tweet? Even if Caruso didn't get injured, they should have known to take it down long before that news. Instead they stood their ground and blocked people for calling them out.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
I was gonna go to San Antonio to watch this team next Friday, but now I'm not sure I want to spend my money and risk getting COVID to watch a team this bad. Getting blown out by the Warriors and Nets? Fine. Getting blown out by the Magic? Unacceptable.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Can't challenge it either cause they wasted it on the offensive foul on Vucevic earlier.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
He's dead to me. I know he's the only length we have, but there are better stretch big men you can sign in the future to get similar production for way less than what they're paying Vucevic.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
I've given Vucevic the benefit of the doubt most of the year despite him being basically a below average starter all season, but it's hard not to fault him when he drops a game this bad against the worst team in basketball and gets humiliated by the guy that we traded to get him. With so many injuries, you need a guy like Vucevic to step up, but he's done the exact opposite. DeMar was basically out there playing by himself tonight on offense.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Realistically, how many games should they suspend Allen? 3 games? 5 games? They can't suspend him for 2 months, that's not gonna happen.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
I don't care how many guys are out...you can't be losing by 16 to Orlando at half while scoring 37 points. Half of those are from DeRozan. Vucevic needs to stop playing like a little b****. WCJ is absolutely destroying him in the paint.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
With how close the East is bundled up, the difference between the 7th seed and the 3rd seed might not be that much. Hell, right now the difference is only about 3 games.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
This team went from being a contender for the top seed to being maybe a play-in tournament team in the span of a week. Fuck this man. I can't believe we've lost 2 guys this year cause of flagrant fouls. Fouls like Allen's needs a much harsher penalty. Play like that has to be discouraged beyond getting ejected.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Also can I just say that I hope somebody kicks Grayson Allen in the nuts so he can never have kids? People like him shouldn't be able to have kids.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
I knew something was off when he missed the 2 free throws and then shot like shit the rest of the game. Bulls are so screwed now. No Lonzo and AC means the defense will go to complete shit.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
This was a game out of the early 2000s. It's pretty rare to see a close game where both teams struggle to score 90 nowadays.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Really dumb of Vucevic to not back down Holiday. He's almost got a foot of height on him.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Guess he shouldn't have gone ring chasing. He sucked so bad with the Nets I don't even want him.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
I really do wonder how he'll hold up. He's been missing a ton of free throws recently. I wonder if that's fatigue.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
It he's out 8 weeks then he'll get maybe 12 games at the end of the season. 8 weeks puts his return in mid to late March and the regular season is more or less over at that point. 6 weeks will mean he's back at the start of March and can get maybe 20 games in before the playoffs.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Very good news
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
The only positive out of this is that Ayo and Coby will get way more playing time. If Caruso is healthy, Ball is not as big of a loss. But if both of them are out, our defense fucking sucks. Ayo has been good enough defensively on guards and small wings that I think he can pick up some of the slack there, but Ball's ability to guard just about anyone but a 7 footer will be sorely missed.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Yeah, the way Zach lands on some of his dunks and layups makes me a bit weary. Granted, he doesn't drive to the rim as much as Rose did.