Everything posted by chw42
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Knebel hasn't closed for a few years but was pretty good last year. I wonder if this takes the Phillies out of the Kimbrel market.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Dude can't catch a break.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Oh that's why lmao
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
There was a time where I thought you and Squirmin' for Yermin were the same person. Cause IIRC, you were literally Squirmin' for Yermin at one point.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
I don't look at the tweets as anything definitive, but they do at least spark some conversation.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
It sucks ass cause it's all because Rich Paul couldn't keep his mouth shut for like an hour.
-
White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal
I do think it's funny that Leury Legend is now the de facto nickname for Leury. I always thought that nickname was said sarcastically, but not anymore it seems.
-
White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal
It's a fair deal. Even if he gives us 1 WAR per year that's worth it.
-
White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal
I think if a salary floor is put in, guys like Leury will end up getting more just cause the likes of the Pirates will need to sign guys as filler to reach the floor.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Sox are far more likely to get a guy like Manaea than Gray. Manaea only has one year of control left.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
They already have 2 Calhouns. Now they're going for 2 Grays?
-
2022 Offseason Plan Thread
He also hits a ton of grounders. I wouldn't have been mad if we got him, but I think Conforto is the better fit.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
He beat Hendriks' deal.
-
White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal
Seems about right for Leury.
-
White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal
If Leury's new-found plate discipline is real, he's probably one of the better utility players in baseball. That said, he's not an everyday-type player.
-
White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal
I think people are complaining because they know that Leury's going to be the backup plan if they don't convert on FA signings.
-
White Sox sign Leury Garcia to 3 year deal
This is fine as long as he's not the everyday 2B or RFer.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
It'll be fun to see the mental gymnastics that Dodgers fan will have to do to convince themselves that he's not so bad after calling him a cheater for the last 2 years. Same for Yankees fans.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
He's terrible on defense.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Leury Garcia is probably more deserving to be the 6th guy in that picture than Simmons.
-
Javy Baez Signs 6YR 140M Deal with Tigers - Morosi
He plays at Coors, of course he's gonna have better counting stats. I think they're similar offensively if you look at the park adjusted stats, but I think Story's issue is that it's hard to project guys that come out of Coors. Arenado's wOBA dropped almost 60 points and his wRC+ dropped 17% after moving out of Coors. If you do the same for Story, he's a league average hitter.
-
Yan Gomes Signs With Cubs
lol I thought this too back during the trade deadline. They do look pretty similar.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
If the Sox get Conforto, I really don't care who ends up hitting 9th. I'll be fine if they get a glove-first 2B. Segura provides a much higher floor than Cesar and Leury. We've seen how bad Cesar can be and we've all learned to hate Leury. OAA also loves Segura, even though he hasn't graded out as well with UZR/DRS.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
That last quote is definitely something Lavar would say. Maybe in a few years the Bulls will become the Chicago Balls.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Except Segura grades out much better defensively.