Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Eloy is a tremendous prospect, but this front office is basically relying on him to be it’s savior. And even if he hits on his ceiling, we’re not talking Mike Trout here. The team will need multiple more impact talents. The front office almost seems like if Eloy is a hit all is good.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Gotcha, yeah it’s unfortunate but to be expected. Hopefully the anger subsides a bit and becomes more focused at the front office & Jerry as we get deeper into spring training.
-
Worst off-season ever?!?
The worst part of this offseason (other than losing out on Machado & Harper) is Hahn actually had the nerve to say this was a good offseason.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Do you have examples?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Great post. And it’s completely the opposite of how all other businesses’ operate. I’ve seen people blame the fans for not coming out as some sort of logic for us not being able to spend and that’s complete bullshit. Build a consistently desirable product and people will eventually show up. Like any other business, that might require some up-front investment, but no other companies blame their customers for not buying their shitty product. The “I can’t spend a dollar when I only have 50 cents” attitude has governed this franchise my entire lifetime outside of the Albert Belle signing. I’m sure someone will post some attendance figures trying to disprove my overall point and rip our fanbase, but it’s the honest to god truth.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
“Unprecedented financial flexibility” & “economic might”! Just wait until there are legit big spenders in the mix! I’ve never hated this front office & ownership group more in my entire life...what a bunch of fucking clowns. HBS should be embarrassed to call Rick one of their own. WORST GM IN BASEBALL...FULL STOP.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
You’re not wrong about his stake, but he has unlimited power as White Sox Chairman. Like the other owners can’t even sell their shares without his approval.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Jerry has complete control of the team and the other partners literally can’t do jack shit. From an ownership perspective Jerry is to blame and no one else IMO.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
$3k?! We’re already 25% of the way there! Seriously, if someone starts a GoFundMe I’ll put $500 in tonight. Although in all honesty, we probably need a design and specific location in place first.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
The perfect way to sum up the incompetence of this front office in picture form.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Unfortunately they don’t have billboards in Winnetka, because I’d love shame Rick and his god damn lawyer speak in front of his ritzy community brethren.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I love it! I was planning on spending a good $1k or so on Sox tickets this year, but now that I’ll be in Nashville I can put half that money towards a billboard.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
We’re already up to $700! Just need someone who knows how to setup a gofundme and design a billboard! Any graphic designers on the site?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I’m sure they are, just saying I’d personally be willing to contribute that much towards one. And I’m talking about putting money towards shaming the organization. These clowns deserve to be ridiculed and while a billboard will most certainly not get anyone fired it would at least create some headlines and put a dent in these scumbags’ egos. That is money well spent IMO.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Anyone know how much a billboard costs? I’m willing to throw $500 towards one if someone here is willing to design something clever ripping Hahn, KW, & Jerry.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
It’s pretty sad that we have to cheer for an old man to die in order for us to ever spend like a normal franchise.
-
Marwin Gonzalez Signs with the Twins - 2 yr/21 mil
Marwin: 104 wRC+, plays 7 positions, $10.5M Alonso: 97 wRC+, plays 1 position, $8M ?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Still not understanding how you think they got around the tax issue when over half of the remaining $280M will be taxed at California’s 13% rate.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I really can’t beleive this dude hasn’t signed yet. The longer this goes on, the more likely it becomes his deal is below Machado’s IMO. I’m sure everyone will call me crazy, but I think it’s a real possibility.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I’m not sure the Phillies are prepared to go that high TBH. The problem is the Sox are unlikely to budge from their $250M offer more or less and that won’t be enough.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
The comments are beyond embarrassing. And the best part is after making a big stink about “deserving a seat at the table” they acted like a team not prepared to act like a big market team. I get 8/$250M is big money, but that’s not a market offer in a normal year for a 26 year old, future HOF. The Sox are exactly who we thought they were, an organization that’s claims they want to be viewed amongst the elite but refuse to act like those other clubs in any way. Prove me wrong Hahn, KW, & Jerry and add Bryce Harper.
-
Will Yonder and Jay be gone by midseason?
I think as a DH Jose will remain healthier can stay very effective as a hitter. I don’t buy last year as a decline year and am willing to see how 2019 shakes out before I make that call on him.
-
Will Yonder and Jay be gone by midseason?
In a lost year, I’d rather give Palka half a season in RF and adjust accordingly. I’d also like to see Abreu DH quite a bit (as that’s his likely long-term home) and Alsono helps in that regard.
-
Will Yonder and Jay be gone by midseason?
I honestly think Palka is our RF at the moment. Not sure Alonso is a huge issue as the roster is currently constructed.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Hahn either needs to add Harper or simply STFU. At least he has stopped using the term “unprecedented financial flexibility”, which should be a meme for life after losing out to a small market Padres team with a fairly bloated payroll. That being said, the term “economic might” will sound just as stupid when Hahn is going against teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, & Cubs next year for a high-end talent.