Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I’m surprised Ottavino still hasn’t signed after there being some smoke with him last week.
  2. Thanks raBBit. Glad to hear Machado is more open to us now than he was at the start of the process. Also, it does seem like the Yankees aren’t going to do something crazy with Machado, which provides an opportunity for the Sox & Phillies to kind of blow them out of the water and force Manny to pass up on a lot of money. I agree the Phillies are the wild card here and likely the bigger threat assuming we’re prepared to spend big.
  3. What you hearing raBBit?
  4. I see us and the Phillies maxing out around 10/$350M with the Yankees peaking around 8/$240M. I think your proposed opt-out structure and front loading make a ton of sense.
  5. Into the Spider-verse was excellent. Aquaman better than most DC shared universe films.
  6. Just a reminder, but most rumors come with an agenda. Occasionally a player or agent may let something honest slip, but most of the stuff we’ll hear in the next few days will be plants. There is zero reason to panic regardless of what is said unless someone like Rosenthal confirms a team is close to finalizing an agreement.
  7. I really think there should be some momentum with Machado this weekend. I’m sure at this point he’s ranked the three clubs in order of preference and knows how much money he’s willing to forgoe (if any) to play for his favorite.
  8. Nothing worse than a slow point in rumor and the endless refreshing of SoxTalk that comes with it.
  9. Probably nothing legit until tomorrow.
  10. JoeCoolMan (aka Chili) claims Machado wanted to sign with the Sox prior to the tour and cancel all his visits, but his agent somehow made him still do them all. Hasn’t really been much since then, other than the national media hyping up the Yankees and Machado claiming he had an “awesome” visit with the Phillies.
  11. Why is that? I’m not sure we can place much credence JoeCoolMan’s rumor.
  12. Their owner also cavaeted “not too stupid though” or something like that.
  13. They already lost out on multiple free agents because they wouldn’t spend stupid money so who really knows.
  14. He doesn’t like the actual city or the thought of living there per the rumor.
  15. I don’t see them offering $400M.
  16. Gotcha, I think it was in the last two weeks.
  17. Why would he need to repeat himself? He’s already put his thoughts out there.
  18. They have an incredibly conservative front office. Just depends how much their owner dictates things.
  19. Lol...I’ll take it after there ridiculous Tribune article!
  20. That is literally the worst write-up ever. Like he actually uses a random Stroman tweet for some reason even though Marcus said it was simply speculation. That’s literally the Tribune article I’m ever reading.
  21. Agreed, it’s likely nothing more than speculation.
  22. Perfect summary of the situation.
  23. Is that just since the new Jumbotron? I swear the old one you could see from the highway.
  24. Very true, but for whatever reason I believe we went above and beyond to lay out our vision for the franchise. I just don’t get the sense the Phillies will do something of that magnitude, but obviously this is just me speculating.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.