Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I agree, but doubt his price would be that much with Arizona going nowhere and only being under control for one year.
  2. I really do think everything but starters will come at a discount this winter.
  3. Machado may have worked out in hindsight, but it’s a bit too early to call Keuchel the “superior” pitcher. That being said, I don’t blame the Sox for not going above 5/$125M.
  4. He was still an A level talent IMO, but I get what you’re trying to say.
  5. The difference this time around is the top of the market isn’t that crazy. Springer at 5/$125M is not in the same stratosphere as Machado & Harper’s deals. I think it’s clear now that Jerry won’t allow his front office to go the distance for a young elite free agent, but zero reason we can’t offer another Wheeler sized contract to a slightly older positional guy. As for Bauer, I just don’t know how teams view him given his uneven track record and bizarre personality. He’s not getting Gerrit Cole money regardless and only the Mets could drive his price to somewhat insane levels. If the market held him down to say 5/$150M, I honestly think that’s something Jerry might be willing do. All that being said, I’m far more optimistic on a Springer signing than a Bauer addition.
  6. Please god no, at least b**** about him in relevant threads.
  7. Lol at Al’s Beef straight losing:
  8. Must.turn.every.thread.into.a.LaRussa.b****fest
  9. You think agents are actively trying to suppress the market of their players by letting teams know which teams aren’t part of the bidding process?
  10. Can someone with access post the Weems write up?
  11. I’m starting to think you and Harold are split personalities of the same person ?
  12. I love the optimism of these valuations, but Avery Weems a 50 FV prospect?
  13. Rodon can’t stay healthy though so it doesn’t really matter.
  14. That’s my point. For what Jesse said to be true, the Sox either implicitly told other teams’ their financial plans for the offseason or these teams are inferring it based on conversations they’ e had. The former would be incredibly stupid on our part while the latter would be unreliable and either way I’m not buying it.
  15. I trust James over the secondhand info Jesse Rogers is being fed.
  16. Sure, but secondhand info being leaked by a rival team isn’t exactly what I’d consider valuable.
  17. He knows front office people from other organizations that know what the Sox are able to spend this winter?
  18. I also don’t know why anyone suddenly believes what Jesse Rogers has to say. I’d have more faith in a Lou Malnatti’s burner account than him.
  19. That’s pretty gross, at least when it comes to starting pitching.
  20. I really don’t see them trading for Gallo.
  21. You mean just this offseason, because they are clearly willing to top Grandal’s deal in a general sense.
  22. He did but he also got into tremendous shape and worked on improving his defense.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.