Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I hope this dude is still in high school or something, because what kind of grown ass man actually makes fun of someone else for being smarter than them.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
What in the fuck are you rambling about? Comparing a $100M+ investment to making a fucking blizzard has got to be the dumbest shit I have ever heard on this board. There is a reason people a lot smarter than you are paid millions of dollars to make these decisions. There is a reason all companies (not just baseball) are levering analytics into their decision making process. People like Jim Bowden are no longer making these decisions because the game passed them by years ago. Your entitled to have a difference of option on Bauer, but your view that I’m overstating the importance of analytics and the people who work them is laughable.
-
Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer
I’m indifferent on Kasper, but it sure is fun seeing all the media attention we’re getting over it and I love when Cubs fans get salty.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
100% agree.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
I’d easily do 5/$150M with Bauer.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
You are so off here it’s not even funny.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
That’s not how valuation works and baseball is managed by a bunch of Ivy Leaguers and legit data scientists who know how to forecast appropriately.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
Sure, some people are adjusting their go-forward projections due to past performance, but there will be at least couple teams who feel he’s a 5 to 6 win pitcher over next handful years and that will ultimately set his marker above $30M/year.
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
What do you mean that’s not how it works?
-
MLB 2020-21 off season catch all
Daniels is still in charge though
-
Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)
You don’t pay for past performance, you pay for expected production.
-
Weird Trade Ideas
That’s your Reinsdorf going “all in” on a budget move right there. Might not be enough for the Pirates to hire but it’s at least an interesting way for us to fill a couple of holes with cost controlled players.
-
Weird Trade Ideas
White Sox get: Joe Musgrove Bryan Reynolds Pirates get: Jared Kelley Jonathan Stiever Micker Adolfo James Beard
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
The Blake Snell Thread
If Bauer is only getting something like 4/$140M we should be all over that. I know it’s a huge AAV ($10M than we offered Wheeler), but you erase most of the downside risk of paying top dollar for clear declining years. Honestly, if you told me right now I could have that and Joc on a 2/$20M deal but nothing else, I’d be more than 100% ok with that as our entire offseason. Bauer is a legit perfect free agent for us and it will be a shame if / when he goes elsewhere.
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
The Blake Snell Thread
Reading up on his injury history and really have no idea what he’d be worth. I knew he hadn’t pitched in some time, but that is a brutal stretch of injuries and there really aren’t any good comps. With no options left maybe they would be willing to throw him. Just crazy how he went from a Kopech type prospect to potentially nothing in a blink of an eye.
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread