Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
Any ideas who else joins the staff? Will they be Hahn picks?
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
Hiring 76 year old Tony La Russa coming off his 2nd DUI and against the wishes of his front office was an irrational decision. You think 84 year old Jerry Reinsdorf is suddenly going to be rational and fire his best friend to protect the little guy in the organization? Look, you guys can do whatever you want and I know the intentions are pure, but you would 100% be playing a role in the loss of those jobs. Perhaps it’s ultimately for the greater good, but you can’t act like your actions are in a vacuum and free from ancillary impacts.
-
Offseason Targets
To be honest, with Katz in the fold, I’m much more open to Springer plus two starters in the Paxton, Morton, Quintana, Kluber, & Richards tier. Throw in Cease & Kopech and suddenly you have five guys for those last three spots in the rotation.
-
Offseason Targets
Paxton & Kluber probably have the highest ceilings that could be had on a one year deal.
-
Offseason Targets
Cishek’s tweets are way too legible to be Peavy44 unfortunately ?
-
Offseason Targets
In Jimmy I trust
-
Offseason Targets
Just say it, I’m generally curious who you think it is? I can’t quite put my finger on it, but their posting style seems very familiar.
-
Offseason Targets
Cishek and Al’s Beef are the same person I’d wager
-
Offseason Targets
How tall are you Larry? I feel like you might be a robust 5’9” with a massive Napoleon complex.
-
Offseason Targets
I’m not sure what the accusation was about as Dave seemed to rip Reinsdorf, I’m just saying that Dave does have a point to some extent.
-
Offseason Targets
Lol...that’s definitely not me. I do think it might be Adam though!
-
Offseason Targets
Time for an Al’s Beef tweet...
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
I’ve already voiced my complaints on the matter and hope Jerry continues to be embarrassed by the press. But at the same time, I don’t want to see every member of the organization punished over this when none other of them had anything to do with this actual move. I don’t think a ticket agent should lose his job over this. I don’t think Tim Anderson should have to play with a lesser roster because of this. You’ve decided everyone else must pay to suffice your moral standards. I applaud your desire for action, but I question if you’ll achieve results that actually benefit anyone but yourself.
-
Offseason Targets
The plan would be to sign Springer and go with an OF of Eloy-Robert-George in 2021. Hopefully we also sign Colas with him entering the OF mix come 2022 / 2023 and allowing Eloy to eventually be our DH once Jose is gone.
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
Again, this isn’t a White Sox issue, this is a Jerry Reinsdorf issue. He’s the only person excusing this behavior and he also happens to be the one person who is friends with La Russa. If he hasn’t helped him by now, despite a drinking problem for ages, nothing is going to change that.
-
Offseason Targets
Where are you going with this?
-
Offseason Targets
Lol...hopefully that doesn’t happen, but I will the say the weather here is fantastic right now!
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
I don’t know when you became Balta, but the transformation truly is fascinating. La Russa working for the White Sox does not have any impact whatsoever on his chances of killing a person. You guys keep trying to argue this and it’s absolutely ridiculous. You are not saving lives by demanding his removal and the team isn’t aiding in the potential murder of an innocent person by employing him. Tony La Russa will continue to drink & drive regardless if he’s a member of the White Sox or not. And who is ignoring “innocent victims of DUI” here exactly? I want La Russa gone as much as anyone for his actions and I have emailed the White Sox stating just that. Jerry keeping him employed minimizes the dangers of what he did and is offensive to those who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers. But I’m also aware that trying to force their hand by hurting their bottom line may not be effective in driving a change and may have ancillary impacts. Again, you aren’t saving any lives by threatening their sponsors, so it comes down to satisfying your moral compass over the potential ramifications to others. I’m not even saying what you’re doing is wrong, just that I hope you’re thinking about the broader implications and the likelihood of success. You may not like the word “cancel culture” but it’s a real thing and it can oftentimes have very ugly consequences.
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
So you’re ok with innocent Sox employees potentially losing their jobs as long as La Russa loses his? And the reality is if your efforts to get sponsorship pulled, the former is what will likely happen and not the latter. This is the problem with cancel culture, you have one goal in mind and don’t care how it impacts anyone else.
-
Offseason Targets
No offense, but he’s right to some extent. We all want La Russa gone, but some people are going to a level that could impact innocent parties.
-
La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire
So he’s lying? And if so, how would you know?
-
Offseason Targets
Springer is 100% happening.
-
Offseason Targets
Marshall is under team control for several more years.
-
Sox hire Ethan Katz per WSD
Hopefully one more at least ?
-
Sox hire Ethan Katz per WSD
Because I just moved him to 1B coach and got rid of an accused rapist