Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Could be all three no doubt, but the Portillo’s account was tweeting stuff silently for months before anyone noticed. Their first post is leaking the Bummer deal back in February, three months after the Not Steve Cishek account was created and when that account still had credibility. It’s clear as day to me that Cheesy Beef account was created in some desperate attempt to validate the Not Steve Cishek account. Those two are definitely one and the same. I think the Portillo’s account is someone else, but likely someone in the same inner circle. It’s very clear there is a small group of people who have access to some inside info, whether it‘s coming from a shared source or it’s being shared to them second hand from a more reliable insider like Y2Jimmy. Most of the stuff Not Steve Cishek broke are things that James had at roughly the same time and his big trade deadline deal that was supposed to be happening with the Brewers seems to overlap with bad info that WSD also had. To me, these accounts all fall in one of three buckets: 1) They’re completely fake. 2) They’re legit insiders using burner accounts to avoid outing their sources. 3). They have access to inside info but it comes from a friend so they can’t leak it on their personal account. IMO, Not Steve Cishek likely falls into bucket three as we have seen him get some things right. Portillo’s is still up in the air, but I could see him being in that second bucket. Again, just strange they posted for months and continued to do so without anyone noticing.
  2. He’s both guys for sure
  3. Can you imagine this lineup? Anderson, SS Moncada, 3B# Springer, RF Abreu, 1B Jimenez, LF Grandal, C# Robert, CF Vaughn, DH Madrigal, 2B
  4. I fully agree, but perhaps this one year will be the exception? That being said, I’d be shocked if he took less than $100M guaranteed under any scenario.
  5. What in the world are you talking about son?
  6. I hope ya’ll like some Springer for Thanksgiving!
  7. Who said he isn’t responsible? Of course he is, but if you know how he’s going to respond to something and you decide to ignore those consequences then the blame also falls on you to some extent. You may have the best of intentions, but you’d be putting your moral compass over the possible well being of others. Again, you aren’t saving any lives here, you are standing up for moral convictions. It’s an honorable thing to do if the payoff outweigh the costs. Given the incredibly high likelihood Jerry acts like guy he’s been for 40 years and keeps Tony anyways, my guess is no good comes from going after sponsorships. All that being said, I hope I’m wrong and that your efforts eventually pay off.
  8. Lol...again, Tony La Russa is going to drink & drive whether he works for the Sox or not. Your crusade isn’t saving any lives. I can’t believe you are still making this ridiculous argument.
  9. So you’d be ok with Eminor3rd losing his job as long as La Russa loses his?
  10. For this issue of course he is. But ultimately he’s going to do whatever he wants regardless of fan outcry. Our fanbase has withered away over the years because of a lot of his actions including the 1994 strike and the White Flag trade and he simply doesn’t care. Any revenue loss will simply result in less operating expenses, meaning payroll cuts or non-player headcount reductions. That’s the reality no matter how unwilling you are to accept it.
  11. Jerry isn’t going to run the team differently no matter what you do...that’s the point.
  12. Thank you!! As someone who actually works in professional baseball, I’m glad you came out and humanized the potential consequences.
  13. Jerry is banking on being the same guy he’s been for 40 years?
  14. You are 100% entitled to make a decision on whether to use your hard earned dollars to support the team. Going after sponsorships is making a decision on behalf of all of us. There is a fundamental difference between the two. And I’m not saying you are being immoral by going after sponsorships, but rather I’m saying that you’re ignoring potential ancillary impacts.
  15. Wow, are you comparing slavery to employing a douchebag who got a DUI?
  16. I’ve never said do nothing. By all means voice your displeasure (I have done this myself) and attack the franchise with your own wallet. No one should have to support the product if they feel this is a grave enough offense. My only issue is when it comes to going after sponsorships, where your actions can impact other innocent parties in the organization. If the ultimate goal is to impact the bottom line, the reality is it will be people who wanted nothing to do with La Russa who will be impacted first before Reinsdorf ever feels any ounce of pain.
  17. Jerry Reinsdorf is 84 years old and is not going to change at this point in his life. Again, know the fight you are fighting and realize who is likely to win or lose as a result. If you still think it’s a fight worth fighting, then by all means do what you think it right. I’m just highlighting that more likely than not, La Russa will still be manager no matter what you do and if anyone loses it will be people in the organization who had nothing to do with the hiring. So accepting the status quo might not feel right to you, but it may end up with a better outcome for all parties involved.
  18. Lol you are insane. Fighting for a livable wage is not a black & white issue cause there is a greater good that’s created for generations to come that would without question offset any shot-term implications. We should all want a livable wage standard as it should be a basic human rights requirement in this country and we should fight for it until it happens. Fighting to get La Russa fired at all costs ignores the reality that Jerry is almost certainly not going to fire La Russa. The only people who are likely to be punished are innocent bystanders. And what is the potential gain? A single human being is punished and not allowed to be a major league manager? Nothing else changes. Don’t get me wrong, I want La Russa gone as badly as the next guy, but if public shaming doesn’t work I just don’t think the benefit of attacking the bottom line outweighs the potential ancillary costs. You on the other hand have decided that satisfying your moral compass matters above all else. I know it will never happen, but I wish you could acknowledge there is a gray element to the way you’re approaching this.
  19. Not nearly enough to land Woodruff, but also way too much for Lynn. But given that Woodruff has four years of control left while Lynn only has one, the difference in value should obviously be quite substantial. Honestly, I think the Woodruff stuff is a total pipe dream. I think Vaughn, Kopech, & Heuer is about the best we could offer that the Brewers would even consider as it would give them three major league pieces, but man would that be a giant risk for us. I’d really like to avoid trading Vaughn as I think his bat will be critical for us in the coming years and trading Heuer takes away one of your most reliable bullpen pieces in 2021.
  20. Some rumors that former Cardinals 3B coach Jose Oquendo could be in the mix.
  21. I’d normally guess around 5/$125M, but maybe that’s a little high in this market.
  22. I’m not sure what’s so crazy about the question. The GM normally picks the manager and didn’t get to in this case. The manager normally gets to dictate his coaching staff, but La Russa suggested that KW & Hahn would have a lot of say in these picks. Right now our org structure is not normal and I’d rather see Hahn’s vision of a coaching staff than La Russa brining in some old cronies. The good news is that Katz interviewed with all of them including Tony, so hopefully everyone was on board with this pick.
  23. Per the Athletic, the full coaching staff is expected to be announced next week.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.