Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
German Marquez: Trade Target
SSS, but he was the 7th best starter in baseball this year per fWAR. I think you’re underselling him a bit by comparing him to Quintana.
-
German Marquez: Trade Target
Kopech has five years of control at the moment while Marquez has four. It really depends on what the other pieces are for what you say to be true.
-
German Marquez: Trade Target
I think the reality is his TJS & opt-out have impacted his ability to pitch a full workload next year and possibly 2022, which doesn’t align great with the early years of our window. By no means do you give him away or trade him below value, but if I can get a guy Marquez for him that could greatly improve our chances of winning these next two years while still have control of him in 2023 & 2024.
-
German Marquez: Trade Target
If the plan is to add both Springer + Marquez that narrative goes down the drain though. Not suggesting that will happen, but much more open to this kind of trade if it’s supplementing free agent spending.
-
German Marquez: Trade Target
I really don’t want to give up on both Cease & Kopech though. I know most here are really down on Dylan but I think he could be a pitching coach away from taking that next step. I’d much rather do Kopech + Madrigal and hold onto to both Cease & Vaughn if at all possible. No idea how the Rockies would view Nick though.
-
Offseason Targets
Lol...I’m just playing
-
German Marquez: Trade Target
100% Kopech would be involved in a trade for Marquez and I would 100% be ok with that. I just worry about the secondary pieces in all honesty as the Rockies would want a big #2 prospect.
-
German Marquez: Trade Target
Nope, but it would be awesome if they did ?
-
Lunhow sues Astros over sign stealing
Even if he was a victim which I doubt, dude can go fuck himself for being a douche in general
-
Offseason Targets
$100 on fathom
-
White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
I almost went in that direction, but McKay is five years older so figured he’d be less willing to coach full-time.
-
White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
Petting was a total dart throw, but just get the feeling La Russa brings in his own guy to be bench coach.
-
Offseason Targets
Oh trust me, I’m not against trading him if we can get proper value in return. As you pointed out, decent 2B aren’t necessarily hard to come by. I just don’t think overreacting a ridiculously small sample is generally a smart thing to do, especially when they contradict what scoring reports have been saying for years. All that being said, I’m ok with questions whether those scouting reports overstated his fielding & base-running abilities, but under no circumstance is Nick Madrigal the worst base-runner in baseball and that will self correct over time.
-
Offseason Targets
We’re talking about 32 total games. This idea that Nick is suddenly a poor defender or base-runner is laughable. He made a handful of errors in a small sample size that drastically brought his fWAR down. It’s not crazy to think that some of these miscues were driven by nerves and trying to do too much. I’m not optimistic that power will ever come, but I’m confident that his fielding & base-running will be above average. People really need to stop drawing conclusions about a player based on their first handful of games.
-
Offseason Targets
I agree he was a low ceiling pick, just not sure how they would have been surprised be his speed or defense. Regardless, is it safe to say that Reinsdorf has a no HS policy in the 1st round or at least blocked Kelenic for some reason?
-
Offseason Targets
Did they not scout the guy? How could they think they were getting a different guy? This isn’t some obscure high-schooler a scout sees play once, they should of had a pretty good idea of what they were getting.
-
White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
And worst of all the Tigers now have Fetter working with their collection of promising young arms.
-
White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)
That’s immensely disappointing but not surprising at all. The fact La Russa is preventing us from getting a young & upcoming pitching coach really sucks. Fuck Reinsdorf.
-
Offseason Targets
Not Steve Cishek is almost certainly a poster here and one who gets information second-hand.
-
Offseason Targets
That’s what I like to hear.
-
Offseason Targets
Zero, but Not Steve Cishek likes to pretend he does
-
Offseason Targets
That would be horrific. Why are we emptying the farm for two guys under control for one and two years respectively?
-
Offseason Targets
Tried to trade him or were willing to move him for an impact piece? Huge difference there.
-
Jackie Bradley Jr
Yup, that’s the big wild card.
-
Jackie Bradley Jr
Seems to make a ton of sense if you’re unwilling to pony up for Springer.