Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I’m feeling good about our Springer chances.
  2. Fully agree, but I’d still be ok with the new GM taking one of those two QBs.
  3. At this point we should hope the Bears go 2-4 to end the season and end up closer to the 10th pick. Might have a shot at Lance or Wilson if they can get to this range without having too give up too much future draft capital.
  4. The Sox aren’t trading Eloy
  5. Not even close, but he’s probably the most expendable.
  6. Stiever makes the most sense as a possible trade candidate for two reasons. 1) He’s demonstrated more than the HS kids (production vs. potential) and therefore we’d be selling closer to full value. 2) He’s caught in-between two waves of pitching prospects. Right now, any rotation opportunities will go to Dunning, Cease, & Kopech with Crochet probably a year out from being a legit option. Three years or so down the line Kelley, Dalquist, Thompson, & Vera should be close to ready. He could still find a way to squeeze into the starting mix due the volatile nature of pitching, but he’s redundant to some extent. He’s definitely a guy you use as a headliner for Lynn and still feel good about your pitching depth.
  7. There is some logic in committing your financial resources to the position player rather than the pitcher. I’d still pursue Bauer above Springer, but if that’s a no go for whatever reason George is a tremendous consolation prize. He basically gives you a positional core that’s more or less locked in for the foreseeable future. Robert = 7 Vaughn = 7 Jimenez = 6 Madrigal = 6 Moncada = 5 Springer = 5* Anderson = 4 Grandal = 3 Abreu = 2 Honestly, that allows you to commit a significant amount of your talent pipeline to pitching like we saw this year with Crotchet & Kelly this year, Thompson & Dalquist the year before, and Vera as a LatAm free agent. Obviously most of those guys are far away from helping, but if you constantly have an influx of cheap young pitching you can hopefully keep that positional core around while they quickly increase in cost. To me, it seems like our best for building a mini dynasty.
  8. You’re still missing the emphasis on the “AND” part of these posts. He’s 100% talking about Springer and seems to believe we have a shot.
  9. He means that the Sox are trying hard for Springer right now. His other post was that both Springer & Bauer is unlikely.
  10. He means Springer
  11. Hopefully dude is ok
  12. Bears get the ball back and will somehow win despite not having an offense for the first 59 minutes of the game
  13. This entire offense is horrid, but I agree, at this point give Mitch one last look.
  14. JFC, I can’t believe he over-through that
  15. I literally am more attentive watching random games I have no vested interest in than watching this shit-show. Like I get Montgomery is out, but how in the fuck is Patterson next on the depth chart? And I like what I’ve seen from Mooney, but how is he our #2 WR as a rookie? Outside of Robinson, there literally isn’t a single plus skill player on the entire offense. It’s totally unacceptable in this day and age.
  16. Justin Jefferson has more yardage than our entire offense.
  17. If this offense doesn’t get Pace & Nagy fired, I’m not sure what will. Maybe I’m going to crazy from the absolute boringness of this offense, but Cordarelle fucking Patterson has been the focal point tonight. That’s completely unacceptable and it’s officially time for real change.
  18. Fair enough.
  19. I don’t think you’re reading his post right. He’s saying we won’t sign both Springer & Bauer, but that we possibly could sign one (and he’s implied on podcasts that Springer is far more likely).
  20. Oh really? I totally think the opposite and feel like we might go in a different direction than Super Joe as bench coach.
  21. Sounded like it would be early this week. At this point it’s really just bench coach and assistant hitting coach that are still up in the air.
  22. Why wouldn’t it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.