Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Offseason Targets
I 100% think Blackmon is negative value at $22M, but I don’t the Rockies move their best asset for primarily salary relief.
-
Offseason Targets
I think the assumption was the Rockies would be willing to take significantly less prospect capital if you took on Blackmon’s salary, which is what I was questioning.
-
Offseason Targets
Sure, but would the Rockies?
-
Offseason Targets
97 wRC+ last year and now 34 years old. Why waste $22M on this dude?
-
Offseason Targets
Blackmon is 34 years old, is no longer a good defender, is coming off a poor offensive season, and is scheduled to make $22M in each of the next two seasons. We can literally sign Joc Pederson for like 1/$10M and probably end up with a better player (when factoring Engel’s side of the platoon) for half the price.
-
Offseason Targets
I do not get the Blackmon love on this board.
-
Offseason Targets
Without doing any research I’d say Lynn & Gallo
-
Offseason Targets
New bold predictions for us: Springer - 5/$125M (announced this Tuesday) Richards - 1/$10M Colome - 1/$7M Lynn - Acquired for Stiever, Adolfo, & Sosa
-
Offseason Targets
But that’s what I’m asking, what objective data was ignored? He literally claimed a guy who is universally considered a top 50 prospect by all major publications isn’t a top 50 prospect because “Soxtalk wants to get rid of him”.
-
Offseason Targets
Again, what objective value did Balta provide that was ignored?
-
Offseason Targets
What objective information has Balta provided that has been ignored? Since, you’re looking for “objective” info and consistently reference surplus value, here’s how baseballtradevalues would evaluate Balta’s trade:
-
Offseason Targets
What posts are you referring to? You said Madrigal & Cease weren’t top 50 prospects and Madrigal currently is across all major publications and Cease was prior to losing his eligibility. You thinking Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, & Madrigal is somehow fair value for Snell is one of the most insane things I have seen posted on this board.
-
Offseason Targets
Look, I’ll be the first to admit that these prospect publications aren’t always synced up with how front offices view guys, but they are way better than going by gut or using Soxtalk as a proxy like Balta is doing.
-
Offseason Targets
Lol...who is trying to dumb Madrigal other than Harold & fathom? Fangraphs has him ranked 35th, MLBpipeline has him ranked 36th, & Baseball America has him 43rd. But I guess they missed those handful of fielding & base-running gaffes during his first major league season that suddenly erodes all his prospect value. And let’s ignore that .340 BA he put up that corresponded with an xBA of nearly .340. And I could give two shits that fans want to dump Cease for struggling during a bizarre pandemic fueled season and despite having less than a full season worth of starts. I’d wager large sums of money his value has diminished all that much and that almost every organization in baseball would love to get his hands on him and tap into his massive potential. Guys literally don’t go from the 25th prospect in baseball (where he capped out at with the major publications) to losing all their value over a poor 26 starts without an major injury or a complete loss of stuff. He has obviously lost some value, but professional front offices are way more patient than the common message board fan. Using Soxtalk as a point of reference for Cease’s value is laughable.
-
Offseason Targets
Lol...four top 50 prospects is more than a Sale level package. Your package is unprecedented and is candidly speaking a ridiculous proposal.
-
Offseason Targets
I wouldn’t. Dunning looks like the real deal, even if his ceiling is limited to being a quality #3 starter. I’m giving up six years of that for two years of Musgrove.
-
Offseason Targets
Respectfully disagree here. The Cubs run is neither our ceiling or floor as our possible range of outcomes is much wider than that IMO.
-
Sox claim Emilio Vargas
He’ll almost certainly be used as a reliever
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
Wow, well that’s exciting to hear!
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
I think this is the important point people aren’t realizing. For the Sox to protect a player who hasn’t played a competitive minor league game since 2017, he must look like the real deal right now from a scouting standpoint. Obviously it’s hard to gauge too much from one random Twitter video, but the big complaints against Burger historically were his body and the risk he would end up at 1B or DH. If there’s reason to believe with his new physicality he can stick at 3B or possibly another position (perhaps 2B?), then he suddenly becomes an entirely different, more valuable prospect and worth protecting even if the risk of selection is low.
-
MLB traderumors FA contest
The reunion part was in reference to Quintana, but the second part of that original tweet was in reference to Richards.
-
Garrett Crochet
1. Major league reliever 2. Minor league starter
-
MLB traderumors FA contest
Yeah, that would be a real nice rotation. Also, I still expect a Springer signing next Tuesday ?♂️
-
MLB traderumors FA contest
If you’re going to add two starters, in some ways he’d be the ideal second one.
-
MLB traderumors FA contest
Interesting this was posted a minute apart from when Harold made this prediction: