Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Which means we should be signing Springer by tomorrow ?
  2. Yeah, I’m with you on that. I’d rather sign Springer and look to add Lynn as part of a quantity trade headlined by Stiever.
  3. If they add Springer, they have enough money to add some pitching. It won’t be Bauer unfortunately, but the reality is Reinsdorf probably won’t let them add Bauer anyways. At least that’s the way I’m operating which is why Springer becomes the next best thing on my list.
  4. That‘a totally fair, but saying they could easily come by two top 50 prospects seems to be a bit of a stretch and then when you put positional qualifiers in place (especially catcher) you are pushing this down to like one or two teams.
  5. I’m not disagreeing, but for who and for what exactly? Tampa Bay is going to want major league ready pieces and those aren’t typically Rays to come by.
  6. I mean, if Colome only goes for 1/$6M then why not? But at typical rates, I’d prioritize other needs first and add a Kela type reliever to the mix.
  7. His contact is awful though and his 97 wRC+ at least should give some cause for concern when it comes to his bat.
  8. You’re right, but washed up is a bit harsh. Both guys’ value were down no doubt and the Rays bought low. I do think Vaughn & Kopech is a more attractive package than Meadow & Glasnow, which is why a third piece should be less costly than Baz.
  9. I don’t buy this, I think they’re fine with anyone who has proven to be a high-end hitter against RHP. Why does it matter if a guy like Springer is left-handed if he’s elite against all pitching?
  10. If budgets didn’t exist I’m sure this would more or less be the plan.
  11. Cease still has plenty of value IMO, but he’s not the headliner Vaughn or Kopech would be.
  12. Jack - I’d be good with you as our GM with these viewpoints. I’m not sure how I’d feel about such a trade, just saying that the Rays would almost certainty take a package built around Kopech & Vaughn. At bare minimum, that would be their opening ask. From there, it really comes down to how eager they are to move Snell’s salary.
  13. 100% agree. To be honest, I bet they see better prospect than Glasnow in Kopech who may have the highest ceiling in baseball. Not saying he will reach it, but the upside with Michael is almost unlimited with the changeup he was flashing pre TJS.
  14. Why are we trading assets for a RF? Sign a free agent to address our OF needs and trade for a high end pitcher where the free agent market is actually weak.
  15. No fucking way that’s the price and if it is we should simply pass. I’d wager large sums of money that no prospect has gained more value in the last three months Crochet. IMO, he’s a legit top 50 prospect at this point (despite how the major publications rank him) and under no circumstance can you give up three top 50 prospects for a guy with only three years of control and coming off a fairly ordinary 2020 season. I love Snell and think he’d be a massive get, but you have to consider the long-term impacts of such a trade and two blue chippers should be the most we’re willing to deal for him.
  16. Dunning is too good to be the third piece IMO.
  17. The Rays want to compete, so if they move Snell they will want to major league pieces and while Dunning a nice prospect, I think they’d require Kopech on the pitching side. And honestly, if I’m them I’d 100% need Vaughn involved to provide some certainty since Kopech is a bit of a high variance guy.
  18. If they don’t have the money for that, then I’m holding onto Vaughn & Kopech and hoping they both hit.
  19. If I’m giving up those guys, I want Springer as my RF. Agree on the rest though.
  20. It would be both plus a semi interesting third piece. Look at the Archer deal as a basic framework, but you can ignore Balta’s ridiculous proposal of Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, & Madrigal. But if this is the move the Rays want to make, it’s going to be hard for another to offer up comparable hitting & pitching prospects that are both major league ready. We probably can get him if we’re willing to give those two up.
  21. Weight has always been an issue for him though, so while there may be a semi-acceptable reason it’s definitely something to keep a close eye one.
  22. Let’s hope he can keep his weight where it’s at, a little alarming he got heavier since the spring.
  23. He’s a negative value player, we shouldn’t have to get anything to get him unless the Rockies are paying down part of his contract.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.