Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Lol...guess I was wrong about the reaction of casual Sox fans. I know my 70 year old father will be happy about this though.
  2. Just cause of the money?
  3. I was only saying that if Rick was somehow was on-board with this, but I don’t believe that for a minute. But fuck, this will be even worse if he brings back a lot of his old crew. Much more manageable if they force some younger guys like Jirschele & Zaleski on him.
  4. It’s cowardly if you’re afraid of the backlash and that’s the only reason you’re not bringing the best guy in.
  5. Usually that’s what happens, but given Hahn has a job for life if he doesn’t do something criminal, he’ll probably tuck his tail between his legs and go with the flow.
  6. Yeah, that’s pretty sad but Jerry’s “morals” have been fucking us for years between the refusal to go over slot or unwillingness to pursue young LatAm players. I actually thought he was starting to let the front office operate free of some of these restrictions and allow them to make the best baseball decisions possible, but apparently Jerry is going to continue interfering with our baseball operations until the day he dies.
  7. I agree that it seems unfathomable, but from a business perspective hiring the owner’s buddy to be your direct report is not a smart move. Throw in all the other factors we’ve all discussed here and it just doesn’t make sense why Hahn would want La Russa as manager. The only path I can see is if Jirschele is considered the real deal, but they want to give him a couple years to grow under an experienced manager. Even then, hiring Bochy would make much more sense if you’re Rick Hahn.
  8. Wow, that’s either the nail in the coffin or Stone just has a dark sense of humor
  9. I have no idea what you are talking about. It’s pretty clear Hahn had a specific type of manager in mind and since then (if rumors are true) Jerry has pushed for La Russa. I will wager large sums of money Hahn did not have TLR on his short list for the job when he had his end of season press conference. Now, he may roll over and take one on the chin here, but there is zero reason to believe he’s complicit in this decision if it ends up happening. Not sure why you think he’d be ok with La Russa hiring when it’s literally the worst possible outcome for him.
  10. You think Nick Madrigal is not a good defender based off what exactly?
  11. Who you got in mind?
  12. This is definitely a SoxTalk member
  13. Ray, I really enjoy your contributions to the board, but you have no idea if Hahn is on board with a TLR hire. And based on what he said at his end of season press conference, he would not be on board with this hire.
  14. Would Hinch cost more than La Russa? And is the coward thing him being afraid to hire a guy who cheated?
  15. Sox leaks have been pretty bad the last couple years. The only person I truly trust is Jimmy and he heard Hinch was Hahn’s guy. Obviously he could have been overruled by Reinsdorf, but Jerry has never forced a manager on his front office and I can’t see any reason Hahn would want TLR after he described what he was looking for at the end of season press conference. I’m sure I’ll look like an idiot tomorrow, but I still think the Sox are pushing this narrative to either gain leverage in their negotiations with Hinch or to mask their interest in Hinch from other clubs.
  16. Call me crazy, but I still think it will be Hinch.
  17. You’re telling me casual Bears fan wouldn’t be overly excited about a Ditka reunion? Chicago loves their “legends” for better or worse.
  18. Oh I bet Hahn does and hopefully he’s reading this thread right now & realizing how fucked he is if Reinsdorf forces TLR on him.
  19. I doubt Jerry Reinsdorf is reading message boards
  20. And yet my 70 year old father was all excited about the notion...I guess we’re in a draw ?‍♂️
  21. Sure, more coverage = more fan engagement = more money in a normal environment.
  22. I mean, a sizable portion of our fanbase would love to see Guillen back despite quiting on the team and generally being a selfish asshole near the end. Not sure why a causal fan would hate us bringing in a Hall of Fame manger with past ties to the organization. I think some of you are giving casual Sox fans too much credit here.
  23. Casual Sox fan? Who would they prefer? I’m sure they would prefer La Russa over Hinch.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.