Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Bruce & Nightengale are KW’s go-to plants.
  2. Does this mean KW wants La Russa? If so, that’s fucking gross.
  3. That’s cause A.J. is going to be the guy. The reason I know this smoke is bullshit is because they are 100% meeting with Hinch even if La Russa is the preferred candidate. That couldn’t have happened until yesterday at the earliest and the timing of this smoke doesn’t really jive with that. And most importantly, when the Sox leak info to Bob Nightengale it’s almost always a plant and used for misdirection. Making it seem like the Sox are going to hire La Russa is great way to keep the price down on Hinch.
  4. All good my friend! Trust me, I deserve to be ripped about that everyone once in a while.
  5. The hate is strong in this one
  6. A) Guillen = quitter B) Hinch = cheater C) La Russer = old douche Give me option B of those three options
  7. I’m 99.9% certain A.J. Hinch will be announced as our next manager by next Friday.
  8. Wow, I was way off on this one. What’s their beef with him? Just the age thing?
  9. I’m not trying to push for more info here, but don’t let a couple haters get you down. The vast majority of us appreciate your reporting on these matters.
  10. I agree on the first part, but I guess what I’m suggesting is maybe Jerry is prepared to spend more money than usual this year and wants his guy leading the charge under such an event. I definitely don’t think he has two payroll figures depending on which manager he goes with.
  11. He’s technically the manager of our AA team, although that hasn’t been an overly active role just yet ?
  12. Yeah, #1 is terrifying no doubt, but I’ll be honest I’m greatly concerned about item #2 as there is precedent for it in a Reinsdorf run organization. The rotating DH was a 100% something Guillen wanted and Jerry acknowledged he wanted to give him his type of roster. The one decision proved very costly and and as spotty as Hahn’s track record has been in free agency, I don’t want La Russa getting to “push” for guys just cause he likes them.
  13. For La Russa to make any sense we would need Justin Jirschele or Sam Fuld as bench coach and Matt Zaleski as pitching coach. From there, we need a commitment to expand payroll. If those were to happen, I wouldn’t be that upset about La Russa being manager for two years. That being said, I’m still going down with the ship on A.J. Hinch and that all this La Russa “smoke” is simply misdirection.
  14. If Rick Hahn recommended the Sox hire La Russa then he’s single dumbest GM in the sport. You never want the owner or bosses’s friend or family member working directly for you. Not only does it make replacing the guy next to impossible if he ends up being ineffective, but it also means that said guy has a direct line or communication with the one person who can veto your decisions and ultimately interfere in your processes.
  15. Grandal fWAR = 6.9 in 199 games McCann fWAR = 3.8 149 games Even if you increase McCann’s fWAR by 33% to account for the difference in games played it would only be sitting at 5.0. That means Grandal has provided 40% more value over the past two seasons. I’m guessing you are using bWAR which doesn’t account for framing in any capacity and is more or less useless for evaluating catchers. I literally can’t wait for McCann to sign elsewhere so these “trade Grandal” ideas and the “McCann is better than Grandal” comments can end.
  16. Yeah, definitely ignore the Grandal & Keuchel additions. And obviously Theo has never made a mistake in free agency right? Jason Heyward was worth every single cent of that mega contract? How about Tyler Chatwood? Edwin Jackson? And you know what, it doesn’t even matter because Reinsdorf isn’t going to fire Hahn after he just built a team that should have won the division last year. It’s fine if you don’t like him, but demanding he be fired in every thread suggest your issues with him are bizarrely personal.
  17. Lol...it’s amazing how you build these insane anti-Hahn narratives in every single thread now. If Jerry hires La Russa, it has nothing to do with not trusting Hahn and everything to do with wanting his buddy in the manager’s seat.
  18. Gotcha thanks
  19. I think he already told his kid to take his shares of the Bulls and that the Sox will be sold.
  20. Very true...I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.
  21. Thanks for confirming. I’m still holding out hope for Hinch then.
  22. Don’t put that evil on us.
  23. Is La Russa all but official from what you’re hearing or is it still somewhat up in the air?
  24. Nothing Jimmy has said isn’t true. He said Hinch would be the guy because that’s who Hahn wanted and blatantly described at his end of season press conference. How would have known Jerry would supersede him and give his buddy the job as part of some late life crisis? It’s literally never happened in his career as owner of the Sox or Bulls. Furthermore, there is no one on the internet who has a better track record when it comes to inside information relating to the White Sox. If Jimmy says that Hahn got overruled here when at the same time all logic suggests a La Russa hiring would not be ideal for Hahn, I think it’s pretty easy to believe what’s he saying. Jimmy literally has no agenda here, he’s simply sharing what he knows.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.