Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I was hoping it would carry out. Pretty sad we had a HR, two singles, and a BB and only managed to squeeze out one there.
  2. Lol at Ricky for saying the reason McCann isn’t DHing more is to keep him fresh. If the backup batter can’t swing the bat five times every couple of days and be ready for his two starts a week behind the plate then we need a different backup.
  3. McCann destroys lefties, hopefully this will be a good outcome
  4. I love Robert, but Tim is making a statement about the leadoff spot right now.
  5. Seven pitch 1st with one K for Cease. I’ll take it!!
  6. Interesting... facing a “rookie” and facing a “rookie making his debut” are very much different things, but I definitely wouldn’t have guessed we dominated the latter based on my memory.
  7. Alright boys, today represents the second of a four game series against Detroit. The Sox enter today on a two game winning streak, while the Tigers are coming off six straight losses. After hitting six bombs last night, momentum should no doubt be in our favor. Today’s pitching matchup is a battle between two promising young starters. For the Sox, we have Dylan Cease making his 19th career start. For the Tigers, we have #34 overall prospect Tarik Skubal making his major league debut. Despite excellent velocity & spin rate metrics, Cease has struggled to start the year due to poor fastball command and an inflated HR rate. The talent is clearly there, but we really need to start seeing him locate his pitches better and get ahead in the count. Meanwhile, Skubal is a lefty with a big fastball and a nasty slider. Given our struggles against rookie pitchers in the past, this should be an interesting challenge today. Will be good to have McCann in the lineup and hopefully Mazara on the bench. Anyways, tonight should be a fun one! Hopefully Cease can be on his game and we can make it three in a row! Let’s fucking go boys!!!
  8. I have only seen bits & pieces of him, but the main takeaway is the reports of diminished stuff were greatly exaggerated. He’s routinely around 98 MPH and has hit 100 MPH a couple times, so he’s only down a couple ticks velocity-wise at worst. And from what I’ve seen, the slider & changeup still flash plus, so the arsenal of pitches he had that made him so special is intact.
  9. Seriously, unless it’s SoxFest and you plan on putting Hahn on blast, you might as well act if we never actually had Tatis in the first place.
  10. My feed hasn’t ended
  11. Timmy is a legit superstar!!!
  12. So he’s simply not strategic then?
  13. Maybe Ricky doesn’t realize Boyd is a lefty? It wouldn’t be the first time this year Renteria got a pitcher’s handedness wrong. I still don’t get how you don’t adjust your lineup at all when facing a lefty. Maybe it’s not a huge deal, but it just reeks of laziness and a lack of strategic thinking.
  14. I totally get the fit argument and while I wasn’t a fan of the acquisition, him batting higher than 8th means he’s blown up or things have gone horribly wrong with Abrue or EE. Either way, let’s hope he wakes up soon, because he’s more or less useful if he’s not hitting hitting some bombs.
  15. I will say the fact Ricky makes zero adjustments to his lineup when facing a RHP or LHP should be a fireable offense on its own. Dude doesn’t have a strategic bone in his body.
  16. Our lineup is theoretically stacked, so not sure why anyone would expect him to bat higher.
  17. Yeah, I was mostly joking, but could see a back-end starter on the cheap if one of Lopez & Rodon aren’t back soon, but not expecting anything that impactful.
  18. Sorry for the delay on this, but crazy day at work and totally forgot I started yesterday’s game-thread. Normally I’d like do a small write-up on the match-up, but for the sake of time I’m simply going to say: FUCK A TIGER & LET’S GO BOYS!!
  19. Controllable talent it is then!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.