Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Reinsdorf released a statement where?
  2. This can all be explained by Jerry not putting more money into the team than projected revenue will allow. Look at our payrolls after we won the World Series and fan attendance spiked. 4th in 2006, 5th in 2007, & 5th in 2008. Our attendance was far away the largest it had ever been during that period since the strike and our payroll reflected that. It’s really that straight forward no matter how badly you want to spin this into something malicious.
  3. Again, Reinsdorf will not take a loss under any circumstance. He spends what the projected revenue streams will allow and not a dollar more. That doesn’t mean he’s purposely shooting for second place finishes, it just means he won’t go into the red to push a team over the top.
  4. Because you are a pessimist who jumps on the first data point or rumor that suggests the worst.
  5. What makes sense? That Reinsdorf purposely wants second place teams to string his fanbase along?
  6. There is zero doubt in my mind that Jerry wants to win, but he’s risk adverse and does not want to take a loss under any circumstance. Our payrolls have always been middle of the pack or better and on a percentage of revenue basis we’re probably amongst the highest. He just won’t spend before that revenue is in place to offset those costs and he doesn’t like long-term deals (especially for pitchers) because of the risk of wasted or dead money. It’s really that simply IMO.
  7. This is just plain stupid. Of course a rebuilding team is going to be highly profitable because there is zero reason to spend excess money while trying to lose. It’s really that simple and anyone calling out Jerry for that is flat out dumb.
  8. You’re probably right. It’s just very frustrating at I’ve met Jack in person and could tell instantly he’s a very smart guy, but my god some of the things he’s able to convince himself of are just downright nuts.
  9. I think you actually might be insane. Also, why is he rebuilding right now if the goal is 2nd place finishes? That’s goes completely against your claim.
  10. I wouldn’t even call him cheap, but more so say he’s so risk adverse to the point it’s been detrimental to the organization.
  11. Your pessimism is on Moan4Yoan levels annoying. Like my god, I get you have autism and automatically fear the worst, but you’ve become completely irrational and a total slog to this board. Posting ridiculously dumb rumors in multiple threads to feed your insane negativity is a new all-time low for you.
  12. I don’t disagree, some guys are more durable than others and simply defy the odds. I just personally think Bumgarner has been used & abused by the Giants. By no means would I be upset by his addition, I just think his arm is high risk to blow up at some point.
  13. For the love of god, get this garbage out of this thread.
  14. Where did you find his xBABIP out of curiosity and is that accounting for his speed?
  15. Bumgarner is only one year older and his arm has over 1,000 more innings on it than Wheeler and that’s not including the post-season. That’s a ton of mileage and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if that arms ends up giving soon. And yes, I’m fully aware of Wheeler’s past health issues, but outside of TJS and a rough recovery shortly thereafter, he’s been pretty durable and has 60 starts over the last two seasons. All pitching is a risk, but if push comes to show I’m taking the guy with better stuff and less mileage on his arm. Just my opinion.
  16. Let me explain. I expect them to be in the $130M to $140M range next year and gradually see that payroll grow to ~$180M by 2022 or so as guys are locked or hit arbitration. Now, if they were to add Cole maybe that changes the calculus a little bit, but I’m trying to demonstrate a realistic scenario not an optimistic one.
  17. It may be on the aggressive end, but Yoan was at 5.7 fWAR this year and I think he’s still got a world of untapped potential and fully expect him get better as a 25 year old playing second full season at 3B in 2020.
  18. DH/C would be a trio amongst Grandal, Collins, & McCann. With Vaughn a potential late season addition, I’m all for that. Let me ask you this, if you’re forced to stay under $130M, what would you do differently? I’d personally to look into acquiring a RF via trade, but trying to do a FA only roster build.
  19. Wheeler is way better than Bumgarner IMO.
  20. It’s funny you say that, because I initially had Hamels in there but needed $5M in order to add Smith and stay under the $130M target, so I decided to go with Wood instead. Again, this isn’t perfect and I’d definitely do some things differently (Grandal & Wheeler are priorities for me however), but it’s more meant to show how quickly this roster can turn around with further growth from our young core, adding a couple high-end but not necessarily elite free agents, and just plugging our remaining holes with passable veterans.
  21. I keep seeing people saying it will be so hard for us to be competitive next year, but I see the path being right there with even a realistic offseason. This is just one example of what we could do in free agency (my personal plan would be a little different) that should make us competitive in 2020: Wheeler - 5/$100M Grandal - 3/$60M Smith - 3/$36M Dickerson - 1/$11M Wood - 1$10M This proposed roster would require no trades to fill holes (maintaining all minor league depth) and would have a total payroll of $130M excluding Rodon (which I think is a totally reasonable target for 2020). Based on my quick & dirty fWAR projections, this team would theoretically win 95 games next year. Yes, it requires some growth from our of young guys as well as Madrigal & Robert being useful right out of the gate, but I think their defense & speed will make them high floor players in their rookie seasons. Anyway, feel free to flame away and tell me where I'm totally off-base!
  22. You’re giving Merkin way too much credit, he only knows what the front office wants him to know.
  23. JFC...how in the fuck is this a coherent thought or related to the fact Gardner won’t sell tickets. If you just want to be an irrational whiny little b**** about the Sox, please put away the keyboard and go find something that gives you joy in life. This post is absolute garbage and quite frankly you should be completely embarrassed for posting it. You are WAY better than this nonsense.
  24. Now you get it!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.