Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I have no idea what you are talking about, but Brett Gardner is NOT a big name (despite being a good player) and his addition alone would NOT sell any tickets.
  2. Yeah, I was going to ask if he’s even played any RF and what is his arm like and it sounds like we have an answer.
  3. Wow...are you suggesting that signing Gardner would somehow increase our attendance next year?
  4. I will say the correct answer technically will be Abreu, but after him I feel it’s 90% likely Zach Wheeler is our first legit free agent and signs at the Winter Meetings.
  5. I don’t think the non-Boras guys are going to wait out the Boras guys this year. I think Wheeler & Bumgarner will move quickly and take advantage of what should be a bigger demand pool.
  6. I’m guessing you don’t realize this by now, but Balta will always assume the absolute worst when it comes to the Sox and in that case it’s the Cubs signing the free agent that would be a perfect fit for us.
  7. Not that I want to further this argument, but wouldn’t the Bulls probably spend the least amount of revenue on their product?
  8. JDM would be awesome, but still don’t see how he fits with Vaughn & Abreu in the 1B/DH mix unless they flip Andrew for a young starter or RF.
  9. I don’t disagree, but we all know KW was going to keep his dugout snitch around.
  10. Agreed...Ricky even said his own players were voicing Todd out. That to me was the death blow and a sign changes would be coming.
  11. Reinsdorf has paid millions upon millions to Bulls coaches he fired, so not sure what you’re talking about here.
  12. How about some semblance of a game-plan on a nightly basis? And maybe just the slightest bit of plate discipline from our hitters (garbage or not).
  13. What do you mean the philosophy hasn’t changed? Just not sure I understand what you mean by that.
  14. The forum voted correctly as Steverson & Sparks are both gone. Capra was the only other person with a ton of votes, but he will be staying.
  15. Agreed, I think Wheeler’s floor is 4/$80M. Eovaldi got 4/$68M last offseason and Wheeler is a much more proven commodity. Still a price I’d be willing to pay.
  16. I love most of this, but your Nimmo package is way too light.
  17. Guys do have bad years for all sorts of reasons. He’s at an age that you’d likely expect a return to form next year. No guarantees obviously, but I’d still take on his contract right now if the Padres were willing to unload for nothing.
  18. Just because he underperformed this year does not mean he’ll underperform going forward. You are totally jumping the gun here.
  19. I love me some Gardner Minshew.
  20. I really don’t think we’ll be signing three relievers. Colome, Herrera, Bummer, & Fry are locks, while Cordero & Marshall will likely get spots as well, at least to start the season. I think they add one established high-leverage guy and go with some spring training invites to push Cordero & Marshall. Hamilton and some other young should also be in the mix.
  21. Pretty much the nail in the coffin. Huge win today.
  22. In all my years here, I don’t recall a single poster who could single handedly bring down the quality of the board this much. Like even Greg’s insanity results in a good chuckle once in a while. You’d think the non-stop whining would get tiring, but alas he keeps on chugging.
  23. I feel bad for whoever sits next to you in the office. The Bears are up 16 against a good Vikings team and all you can do is repeat ad nauseam how bad Mitch is. Like my god, do you ever shut up?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.