Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Makes perfect sense when one guy is a terrible major league hitter making $4M and the other is cheap as fuck and still an unknown. Like I said, if Yolmer wants to be paid like a reasonable reserve IF, I’m happy to have him back. Otherwise, let’s put that money to better use and go with the cheaper player who has a non-zero chance of being ok with the bat.
  2. And he almost cost his team a championship with his over-managing. Hell the fuck no.
  3. I think what you’re not accounting for is the fact that we need some of these guys to serve as depth. If you try to outright guys on the 40 man roster that have options, there is a decent chance they get claimed. It’s simply not realistic to expect no filler. Zavala alone wouldn’t be a huge loss, but not having a AAA catcher that can be called up or down at will could be a problem. Unless they find an upgrade, the Sox will definitely start the 2020 season with Mendick and one of Goins or Sanchez filling the 2B & backup IF roles (until Madrigal is called up). One of those OFs will likely be back and on the major league roster until Robert is able to snag a spot and then go to AAA. And obviously we’re going to need a ton of pitchers and some of those will need to be lesser quality options who are able waste away in AAA until needed.
  4. I messed up and do think Flores will be protected, but he’s certainly not a slam dunk caliber prospect.
  5. I didn’t voice a personal opinion, just voiced what I thought the Sox would do. Who would you keep over him out of the guys I listed?
  6. For me, I’m assuming they’ll want six free spots available for free agents and acquisitions. That would leave a total of nine open spots for the 19 guys on the bubble. I think they’ll keep one of the existing OFs, with Cordell being the favorite IMO. I think they keep one of Goins or Sanchez depending on what Yolmer is wiling to agree to. Zavala is probably close to a lock unless they add a decent veteran catcher to a minor league deal and feel protected there. And while I don’t consider Blake a lock, I think he’d have to crumble in the AFL in order not to get protected (which is very possible). So let’s call it four positional guys that will be protected in Cordell, Goins (I think Yolmer gets non-tendered), Zavala, & Rutherford. On the pitching side, I think Burdi, Frare, & Fulmer are the closest things to locks. I do expect Carson to be traded at some point given his lack of options, but for now he’s part of the 40 man. Right or wrong, I think those last two spots go to Covey & Ruiz. Both have options and can theoretically provide depth at AAA. I expect the rest of these guys to be out-righted to AAA and be Rule 5 eligible, but don’t see much risk there. Hansen is the only exception, but given how bad he’s been and his age, I don’t see a team (even a rebuilding one) thinking that’s a project worth tackling at the major league level.
  7. With the season quickly approaching its conclusion and a big offseason ahead of us, I think it’s time to start looking at the 40 man roster. Below I will separate the current roster into three groups (guys that are locks, guys that will certainly be removed, and guys on the bubble). Additionally, I will have similar groupings for the minor leaguers that will be eligible for the rule 5 draft. I will flag anyone who will likely move to the 60 DL at the start of the season with an asterisk. One other important call-out is I’m assuming Abreu will be back and he’ll be included in the lock section. The goal is simple: pick the guys from the two bubble lists that should be on the 40 man prior to the Rule 5. Also, remember that we’ll need some open spots to add free agents, so thinking 40 guys will be on the roster would be a poor assumption. Goners: Existing (7): Castillo, Skole, Jay, Tilson, Nova, Detwiler, Santiago Prospects (7): Adams, Banks, Kubat, Turner, Foster, Thompson, Forbes Locks: 25 Total Spots Existing (23): Abreu, Anderson, Moncada, Jimenez, McCann, Collins, Mendick, Garcia, Basabe, Adolfo, Giolito, Lopez, Cease, Rodon*, Kopech, Colome, Bummer, Fry, Herrera, Cordero, Marshall, Hamilton, Burr* Prospects (2): Dunning, Lambert* Bubble: 19 Total Guys Existing (14): Engel, Cordell, Palka, Sanchez, Goins, Zavala, Banuelos, Covey, Frare, Fulmer, Medeiros, Osich, Ruiz, Vieira Prospects (5): Rutherford, Mercedes, Burdi, Hansen, Flores
  8. While I still wish we landed Harper, you’re using one year of results and attendance impacts as proof that he’d be a slam dunk addition. My guess is five or so years from now that deal will be an albatross.
  9. He’s willing to take like $2.5M then I’d probably bring him back. Otherwise, I need more Mendick in my life.
  10. We literally have the worst DH production in the AL. Pretty sure the Mets’ pitchers have hit better than our DHs this year.
  11. It’s absolutely incredible how much we strike out given how few walks we draw. I guess that’s simply a byproduct of having multiple terrible players in your everyday lineup.
  12. I think the problem is they really don’t have a roster spot for Mercedes come October. As bad this 40 man roster is right now, we have to clear a ton of spots for minor leaguers and future free agents. And all the injuries don’t help as those guys require 40 man spots throughout the offseason.
  13. Congrats Jack!
  14. Yup. OBP is of particular importance IMO.
  15. Stop taking the bait...Greg is straight trolling. No one has ever considered Collins can’t miss, not even his biggest fans. He’s just looking for a reaction and he’s succeeding.
  16. You guys must be into some serious self torture to watch a Detwiler start this late into the season.
  17. Dude just charged with soliciting a child and pornography. Hopefully this sick fuck never touches a baseball field again. Also, I bet the Pirates would have moved him at the deadline. Rough week for Pittsburgh fans. https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/09/17/pirates-all-star-closer-felipe-vazquez-arrested-on-charges-of-solicitation-of-a-child/amp/
  18. Throw in Nimmo or another left-handed RF and that’s my exact plan. Collins gets half a season or so to show he’s a major league hitter before Vaughn starts to enter the equation.
  19. Why in the world would you shut down Cease?
  20. Gotcha...now that makes more sense.
  21. A few more trades and the Dolphins might be the worst team in NFL history.
  22. Stop trolling.
  23. The objective evidence is the fact we’ve been an average or higher spender for the last couple decades. Reinsdorf isn’t suddenly going to stop spending at those levels because he made some profit during planned rebuild years

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.